• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

ladyfur

Eager
Right...that's it :) The first install file was time stamped 4:07 pm. So you've got the right thing :) I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs while the second download is progressing along.

I posted this in another thread, so I'll just mention it here. Content Paradise was supposed to have been shut down Sept 2, but I was able to log in today in order to get all my Poser serials, and the upgrade serials that were attached, plus the purchase dates. So, if you made any purchases at CP, you might want to try logging in before they shut down access altogether.

:bee:
why did they move?

ladyfur

Eager
Apologies for hijacking your thread one more time Sky but it's been such a tense morning. My 17 year old kitty had dental work done this morning. The teeth part was easy it was the anesthesia I was so concerned about. I knew it was going to be a tough morning when I overshot the road my house was on.

Anyway I've been watching my email all morning as that is how the vet contacts me. Just saw new email, opened it up and saw it was from the vet and my heart stopped. Anyway this is what she wrote:

Zad is in recovering and doing well I love him

we did not have to extract any teeth- he had gingivitis under all tht tartar and receded gums but no cavities (osteopcalstic lesions)

we did find that the cartilage joint between the two sides of his mandible is loose - but held together by his gum tissue i have notes about avoiding letting him grab anything with the front of his mouth like atoy on string to protect that area

give a call and speak to April in a couple of hours to see how he is waking up and set a go home time

we will leave the catheter in for a bit longer

Dr Nan

SO YEA!!!!!
good vet. good news.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, Poser 11.2 installed fine, without an issue this time....so we cleared that hurdle pretty fast :) Now I'll need to be spending time testing all the Andy animation scene files that I just created, plus pose sets....plus do errands today.

:angel:

I hadn't been on my computer for awhile so when I came back to it, it wanted to update Windows 10 which I did and now it's a mess. My Windows Explorer background was black...finally figured out how to change that so I could read the information again. It's amazing how when you don't use something how quickly you do lose the ability to do so. Having problems with my Outlook but that's a problem for Michael and/or the twins to figure out.

Another autumn render from 2014...lots of pumpkins! LOL

acountryautumn.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Yes, that's normal...if you're using the same serial...mine appeared the same way, so all is well :)

And I finally cut Windows 10 updates off altogether...I use a utility called Stop Updates. It caused me to totally lose one of my Windows 10 drives, the one I had in the kitchen. I didn't want it to trash my good workstation at the bedside.

Wonderful autumn render :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Since I noticed that a lot of older content, including the animals, were not showing in the P11 content folder, I created a runtime from 2012 and 2014 content combined, in order to access the oldies. Here's a group shot, rendered in P11....the T-Rex is a hoot...he might make an interesting continuation of Andy's drone journey....Andy's Night at a Museum :)

It probably goes without saying that I haven't encountered any unusual posing issues. Preset poses for older content occasionally don't work well in newer versions of Poser, but they can still be managed manually.

POSER ANIMALS 2019.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Nice picture Terre. I just stopped by Lyne's thread to post a quick encouragement :)

Man, we're just starting to get a few hints of tropical breezes coming up from the south...I was glad to get back in the AC. Just got my quarterly fill up of gas in the car....haha....it should last me until end of the year, then I'll fill up again at the end of December, and it will last me through the winter :) Yes, I like being home.

I feel a nap coming on . . .

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
I'm using the Sept 5, 10 pm build now of Poser 11.2 beta.

Janet asked the question if there are any animals in the new Poser. Yes, there's an installer, but so far, the only thing I'm seeing in the file tree is the Poser 8 dog, a snake, a dregon, and the bighorn sheep (that is Users/Public Documents/Poser 11 Content...). The rest is just thumbnails of the animals that use to populate Poser. None of them are showing in the actual content folder within Poser. I noticed this yesterday....and it still is the case today. So, I'm having a "save the animals" response, which is why I collected all the animals from PP2012 and PP2014, and placed them in a protected runtime. The reasons for all this may become clear later, as we get deeper into beta testing. I'm sure at first they will be focusing on high priority issues, like making sure everyone's copy of Poser is accepting valid serials, and eliminating any priority "broken" areas in the code.

Because all the downloads are enormous to be doing daily, I decided to just focus on one area, so that my internet connection doesn't give up on me...haha. So, I'm taking a close look at the Poser animals, and how we can show them a little love, and what they need moving forward. That way, I can keep up with the downloading of daily builds by just doing the two program essential files, and then the animals file, to see if there are any changes.

This render was done in the Sept 5, 10 pm build. In it I'm showing the preset poses that were included in Poser Pro 2012 and 2014. The giant octopus has an excellent, incredibly detailed pose. The dolphin and bear appear to work well. There is only one "new" animal....created evidently for the release of Poser 8....the Poser 8 dog, the Doberman sitting next to Andy. He works fine. The three "Poser originals" on the right hand side, marked in red....the horse, the first version wolf, and the first version dog....still have potential, but preset poses sometimes don't work well. The grey wolf and the big tan dog next to Andy work fairly well, and only sometimes require adjustment to preset poses (for example, the big dog's sitting pose has problems with the hind legs). And finally, the cat. It took me awhile to figure out that the preset poses were probably designed for the Poser original cat. They work with the version two cat, but all of them fail to pose the tail correctly, so it has to be done manually. Oh, and let's not forget the fish...he has no preset poses, and has to be done manually....which is no big deal.

I hope the animals can get a little love...they've been faithfully just sitting there in the Poser runtime for a long time, and are an important part of Poser's history.

POSER ANIMALS - PRESET POSES.jpg

I'll try to take a closer look at the dinosaurs today, while keeping up with the beta builds. The latest build installed fine without a problem, and recognized my serial during the initial opening. And this time I was able to use my existing preferences, which means I still had my runtime list intact after re-installing the new beta. The first beta was a lot more work, since it was necessary to wipe out everything for a clean install...so I had to build my content library list again. Now I can just re-use my preferences file each time and avoid those time-consuming details.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) You understand, I'm saying that almost none of the Poser animals are in the new version.....yet. We don't know how many of them will be included. I'm just demonstrating how folks can find, and use, those animals if they have previous versions of Poser, just in case they are not kept as part of the revised Poser. Poser Pro 2012, or Poser 9, seems to be the last version where they were all present, including the Poser 8 Dog (Doberman).

:coding: