• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh Janet...I think your friend is back :sneaky:

RAPTOR-IN-TUB.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Well, another build was apparently posted just after 3:00 am, when I was downloading the last build. I'm not sure about this one....since it has a two- part program executable (?).

Time for breakfast....and yay....Dorian is finally heading out to sea!

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Part of what gives such a dated appearance to some of the Poser animals is not just a texture issue, but sometimes it's in Material Room settings. Here are some changes that I made to the Raptor so that he would blend a little better in the picture. It's not perfect, but better...not so much of a harsh black outline in contrast to the soft background. And, I was able to eliminate a light that I had to use in the first version in order to brighten the harsh, black outlines. This might work in some scenes, but just mentioning this for those who may have tried to use the Poser animals before and experienced lighting difficulties. Try making adjustments in the diffuse color, highlight, ambient and reflection. I also brightened the settings in his eyes, even in the first render, because they were so very dark that detail was obscured.

raptor-mat-room-2.jpg

RAPTOR-IN-TUB ver2.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Hey Terre :) You understand, I'm saying that almost none of the Poser animals are in the new version.....yet. We don't know how many of them will be included. I'm just demonstrating how folks can find, and use, those animals if they have previous versions of Poser, just in case they are not kept as part of the revised Poser. Poser Pro 2012, or Poser 9, seems to be the last version where they were all present, including the Poser 8 Dog (Doberman).

:coding:
Perhaps if enough people ask they will be put back in? Those older figures do have their uses.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I've decided to put in a support ticket about this...because I'm not getting what is happening. I'm on the 5th beta build, and the majority of the content folders are empty, yet I'm downloading and installing all of the content. Some of it is showing in Users/Public Documents/Poser 11 Content... , which is the default for Windows 10 and 7, but none of it is showing up in the content folder....at all....including Paul and Pauline. I can understand this if we're just working on basic program function.....but why are we having to download all this updated content for each build (several gigs) if it's not even going to show in the content folder. I checked, and the latest Adobe Air is installed. One could wonder if it has to do with my multiple runtime setup which is independent from Poser, but this was happening when I totally cleared everything for the first clean install....I did it for that reason, so that nothing of mine would reflect on the first test build. I just wonder, am I the only person who has noticed that there's no content in the folders, or is something going on with the default installation. So I'm thinking that it's time for a support ticket, for some answers. I just can't keep downloading phantom content. As for the animals, only three are showing in the actual file folder, but none are showing in the program content library. I'm starting to have memories of being back in the work place, and wanting to confiscate every employee cell phone, and stomp them to pieces, just to get their attention and focus back on the job, instead of their being lost in virtual diddly-do land while making life-threatening screw-ups in patient care. My pastor used to say that he wanted me to work in the church office....and I'd always say, "no, you definitely don't want that"....and he'd always chuckle, knowing my personality, and said, "oh yes I do." What a sight that would have been, me stomping through that office, trying to get some order restored....and he knew the day would come when I'd cut loose too...and he actually wanted that to happen.....haha.

I have the weather channel on now, and they keep showing a red Jeep SUV that got stuck on the beach and was slowly going out to sea in SC during Dorian. Turns out a young guy borrowed the car to....get this....take a picture of the sunrise before the hurricane, and apparently drove it out too far and got it stuck (instead of just walking to the beach)....so then he just left it....and didn't tell the owner....so it was battered to and fro in the storm, and videos of it going out to sea went viral. So the owner finally found out what happened to his car, and it was eventually caught and towed back out of the water. Can you believe it? That young guy's camera, or cell phone more than likely, would be going out to sea when I got done with him...haha. And then there's the folks who were taking selfies with it....instead of getting help and solving the problem.

skylab

Esteemed
Received response about Poser 11.2 content....which was..."new content is in the process of being added". I'm still not sure what downloading over 5 gig of "phantom" content is about....so I'm going to chill out until all that becomes clearer, since over 10 gigs a day for two builds is a lot of downloading. So, I'm going to pause at today's Sept 7, 2:09 am build.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) The best way to prevent that is to create an external runtime to preserve your P11 content. I would have done that had I known we were going this way....but launch date will be the 16th, so it won't be long. I'll just play and piddle until then probably.

Andy's wondering what happened to everybody....he's pretty much home alone....haha. He can always cross over, to play with his friends in an older runtime :)

ANDY-WHAT-NOW-ANIMATION.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I visited the Rendo forum today to get a feel for what's happening, and so far the only discussion is about compatibility issues with already existing popular figures. That's part of the reason Poser is where it is today....so much focus on commercially popular "Barbie doll" content, until parts of Poser itself slowly became broken. Cart before the horse :)

I might explore the possibility of creating some poses at least for the older Poser animals. If folks have Poser 8 or 9 (or Pro 2010 or 2012), they will at least have access to them. Apparently by Poser Pro 2014, they were slowly disappearing. They make good low res background scene fillers, which ironically is what folks are selling now with expensive extended licenses to the gaming industry.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Here we go....I created the Poser cat walk pose in Poser Pro 2012 (first firefly render), and it worked fine in Poser 11.2 beta (second firefly render) :)
The eye transparency is set to white, which causes the eyes to render too washed out....but if you set it at more of a charcoal gray, the eyes begin to render more normally. I imagine that the most optimal setting would be lighting dependent.

POSER CAT-PP2012.jpg

POSER CAT-P11.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Good morning.
As far as gaming goes.... That was what Jim was saying over at Daz when 4 first came out and they were trying to present Genesis as being good for gaming. He pointed out that it was too high poly for that.