• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I expected a real challenge when facing creating poses for the Poser tabby cat....but it was not that difficult....the rigging is pretty good. The biggest weak area is the texture of the face (and transparency setting of the eyes)....the body texture is well done. If someone would take the head texture back to the drawing board, it would be a nice little cat. As far as I can tell in my runtime archive, this cat was included in Poser 2012/Poser 9, and he may have been in Poser 8/PP2010. I checked Rendo, and he's not for sale there. He was the only furry critter that had no poses that worked, so that's why I started with him :)

I'm not sure if I should release the poses in individual sets, or wait and do a Poser oldie bundle....a bundle would probably be less effort for me, but would have to be uploaded to ShareCG because of file size. I think Ladyfox mentioned that she didn't have access to ShareCG, so if she's interested in having any of the animal poses, let me know, and I"ll upload the individual set here.

And yeah, the Genesis figures, time you add morph packs and HD textures....it's quite an expense, and load for animation and gaming. Truth is, if you don't have a huge investment in a multimedia computer, and then some financial return on the animations, it'll end up being just a very, very expensive hobby. That's why I try to cut corners where I can, and learn to do things with what I have, and stay within reasonable boundaries. One of the easiest ways to cut corners is to use very low rez figures...and they are certainly cheaper. Where there's room for improvement is better ways to do the textures.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Speaking of lower rez ways of doing things, thought I'd mention this set that has an unusual rotating ground plane....part of it includes a stream, and the rest is flat ground....the rotating ground fits within the Poser 11 dome, and has an outer ring that appears to be a distant forest, but it's just a textured ring around the plane. A tree comes with the set, that can be duplicated and scaled as needed. What I've described is not even in the product description, and it's probably the most useful part of the camping set. It also has a nice classical guitar, and a bicycle. Here's a quick render of the forest part of the Yurts set (there's also a DAZ Studio version). It's a little pricey so it's probably best wish-listed to wait for a sale....I happened to have Render Rewards to help bring down the price :)

FOREST with STREAM.jpg

NYLON GUITAR.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Adjustments to the sitting poses for the original Poser dog (right), and the second version Poser dog (left), probably released about the same time as the Poser gray tabby cat. The original dog has some issues at the base of his tail that limits posing options when he is sitting. The second version dog (on the left) has muzzle size options which tend to look better large because of his chunky body size.

POSER DOGS SIT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) More adjusted poses for both dogs, and an adjusted sitting pose for the original Poser cat. Many of the preset poses for these animals had unusual twists and side to side settings in the legs and feet, which I think could likely have been the result of their having been created using IK. I took the IK off and did clean adjustments, and re-saved the poses, and they seem to work well now in Poser 11.2.

POSER DOGS WALK.jpg

POSER ORIGINAL CAT SIT.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Hey Terre :) More adjusted poses for both dogs, and an adjusted sitting pose for the original Poser cat. Many of the preset poses for these animals had unusual twists and side to side settings in the legs and feet, which I think could likely have been the result of their having been created using IK. I took the IK off and did clean adjustments, and re-saved the poses, and they seem to work well now in Poser 11.2.

View attachment 50851

View attachment 50852

That first one on the left strongly reminds me of expressions on the dog in Family Circus! :)

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
I checked through my archives last night, and it appeared that many of these animals were in a file called Poser 7 Legacy Content, which included the big dog on the left above, the gray tabby cat below, the bear, the gray wolf, the dolphin, and the T-Rex skeleton, as well as some others shown on page 437 of this thread. The Poser 8 dog (Doberman) was released, of course, in Poser 8....and probably the giant octopus was released at the same time.

POSER CAT-PP2012.jpg

CAT-SIT3.jpg

CAT-SIT1.jpg

CAT-REST.jpg

CAT-SIT2.jpg

I was rendering a couple of days ago and my computer literally went poof! The backup power supply started beeping and since my husband is out of town I went yelling for the twins. It was determined that the power supply went bad so they went out to buy me a power surge protector and my computer is back up until Michael gets home and has time to fix the problem. I'm scared to render anything now. LOL

DanaTA

Distinguished
I was rendering a couple of days ago and my computer literally went poof! The backup power supply started beeping and since my husband is out of town I went yelling for the twins. It was determined that the power supply went bad so they went out to buy me a power surge protector and my computer is back up until Michael gets home and has time to fix the problem. I'm scared to render anything now. LOL

Was the computer damaged? Is the UPS by APC? They have a pretty good equipment guarantee. They also have a good upgrade plan and you can usually have them send a return label for the old unit, or at least the old battery. Be sure that it's not just the battery that has died. In APC units, those are user-replaceable. You order a new one from APC and they send it and you send the old one back in the same box for recycling.

Dana

Computer seems fine, thank heavens! Thank you for the info. My husband and my twins are my IT guys and I leave the running of Big Bertha (they built her, they named her) to them...I just play on her. *smile*

While at Elleque's site this morning I decided to click on the link to Trumarcar's website. She has redone some sets for Pranx2. I had been offline for about three years between 2015 and 2018 and actually found some (old but new to me) sets that had been added. I thought I had them all...downloaded the ones I didn't have; some Gumdrops and Blank Boi outfits. I love that site and am always happy to see new things for toons.

TreasureChest

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Just woke up....delighted to see you online this morning....and I bet you are too, after what you described happened with your computer.
More beautiful renders!

:shineon: