• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

ladyfur

Eager
Yes, that's me. I didn't manage to save much from there. I tried to copy the blog posts I made and my friends list from there. Not that it did me much good.

Dana
dana, i saved my friends list and my gallery with comments, and shadow's gallery, and our neighbor's gallery. i also saved a few friends' renders, not many. i still miss artzone.

ladyfur

Eager
krita is in my synaptic manager of things it can install. but it says a file is broken. so i'm not going to risk it until i can talk to a linux user who has it.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Ladyfur :) Remember when we were chatting last night, and I mentioned that links posted were general announcements, but not an indication that anybody had to download it? That's how it is with imaging software updates...it's just a heads up, for folks who need free software as an option (you know, those folks who are visiting the thread who aren't posting, but just reading for the information). And yes, Krita you perhaps could use, Artweaver is definitely Windows only. I always leave it up to users to pursue, or not pursue, a heads up post. So, just wanted to clarify...but I need to allow this walloping-sized download to finish. It was recommended to me by Forester as a way to perhaps do more complex animations. It was recommended to her by a professional animator. So, nothing ventured, nothing gained...we'll see. If it's a flop...well, then it will be a big, gigantic download flop...haha. Have a good evening everybody :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I used to like Ulead stuff too, and I've been using Irfanview since I've owned a computer...still do....it's still my preferred default image and gif viewer. Windows 10 is possessive and doesn't tend to appreciate that, but I use it anyway :) I have about a dozen little utilities of various types that I still hang on to, so I'm also a creature of habit :)

The huge Unreal Engine beta finally completed downloading, and I tried out flying a little spaceship....and it was working well until I hit a wall....haha. So, it will take some work, of course....but it's encouraging that I could actually do something within 10 minutes of opening the program. It really swallows hard drive space though...man...close to 20 gig when it gets through spreading itself out...so it will have to earn its keep in order to stay :) And I'd tend to conclude that it's one of those "don't try this at home" deals if you're short on spare drive space. It's like Microsoft's little surprise feature updates that they drop on folks these days...haha. But with my leanings toward animation, I felt it was a door of opportunity that I should at least try, even just for the experience.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's Poser 11 Andy, practicing his drone take off and landing :)

andy-drone-plane-ani.gif

skylab

Esteemed
...and I said that's great and everything, but show it to me in slow mo....none of that zippity-do-dah stuff :)
Hmmm...not bad...haha.

andy-drone-plane-TAKE OFF ver2b.gif

skylab

Esteemed
I'm just going to stick this link here for convenience later....it seems to be the page where Linda left for vacation and Dani last stopped by....so it will serve as a way to beam them back to the point where they left off...that is, page 418 of this thread. If I can keep that number in my mind, I can help them find the place.

So here we go... a link for a quick trip back to page 418 of this thread :)

:shineon:

Linda B

Extraordinary
And I'm back! With about 10 lbs of sand included! Did NOT want to come home except to see my furbaby, who is all clean, shiny, and fluffy from her grooming at the kennel. Was not a good beach trip this year as far as photos or seashells, but everything else was just wonderful. Only rained at night which interfered with pretty sunrises due to cloud cover. Saw a pod of dolphins in the ocean (previously only saw in the bay). Hand-fed a seagull who then decided to steal the bag of popcorn. She tried to dump it upside down to share with the others. Pretty smart bird! Good food, good fun. Night time beach blanket time with hubby. Watched a storm out at sea one night which was pretty awesome. The lightening behind the clouds with the occasional long flash was photo worthy but I didn't have my camera with me at the time. Now it's yard work time for hubby and laundry time for me. Lots went on here while I was gone, I see. Big welcome to ladyfur!

skylab

Esteemed
Welcome back Linda :) Glad you had a good trip....sounds like it was fun. I used to love seeing the dolphins when I was at Nags Head. Sounds like you had a lot of memorable moments. East coast storms plus cooler air is finally bringing some relief from the humidity. I actually went out for a quick errand this morning without having to fight the heat. Glad you had a good time on your trip, and we are all glad to see you back with us...you were missed :)

:shineon: