• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, the senior discounts are nice...and AARP benefits apply to some stuff too....so that, and retirement life can be quite nice...I highly recommend it, beats rushing around...I never liked rush hour, and too many nights I didn't get enough sleep since there never seemed to be enough hours in a day. Now day and night are the same...one blends into the other...and I rest when I want to :)

:sneaky:

ladyfur

Eager
Hey everybody....I fell off to sleep for awhile, and just woke up. Glad you're better Ladyfur :) And as I suspected, you probably already know a lot of folks at Hivewire already...you just have not run across them yet, or perhaps don't recognize their screen names.

So, Janet's hitting the number in November....I had a friend at work who would pull some doozie practical jokes on birthdays, so we'd dish it right back on hers...haha. We'll be nice....but you will have a new senior status :)

:bee:
now i'm motivated, lol. i barely had time to be inspired. i'm not much better but i have two boards to mod so i'm up.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Ladyfur....haha...your avatar status is increasing because of your activity level and number of posts, plus you've received some likes while you were at it. The status slows down as the numbers get higher. I was Dances with Bees for a long, long time, then hit Distinguished like Terre....and recently, sometime this summer, it turned into Renowned...haha. You're well past the limitation on New Bee accounts, like image size. You've become a fully active member in one day....so congrats :)

:balloon02:

skylab

Esteemed
Ahhh, figured you recognize folks from DAZ...there are lots of them here. I think you'll enjoy spending time at Hivewire...a lot of us were refugees from DAZ after they first switched to Genesis, and you'll find some folks here who used to be at RDNA and Content Paradise....and some Content Paradise vendors ended up at Renderosity.

:bee: :beehive::bee:

ladyfur

Eager
Hey Ladyfur....haha...your avatar status is increasing because of your activity level and number of posts, plus you've received some likes while you were at it. The status slows down as the numbers get higher. I was Dances with Bees for a long, long time, then hit Distinguished like Terre....and recently, sometime this summer, it turned into Renowned...haha. You're well past the limitation on New Bee accounts, like image size. You've become a fully active member in one day....so congrats :)

:balloon02:
i have done that on every board since 2001, on webtv alt discuss groups. i just jump in as if i'm already there. :)

skylab

Esteemed
I'm sure there will be a lot of forum activity when Poser 11.2 is released at Renderosity, and that may be an opportunity to catch up with folks you haven't seen in awhile, even if you can't use Poser. The release date is set for September 16, and my little desktop calendar is showing that as a Monday. I usually keep folks informed here about Poser releases, and forum links, stuff like that :) I enjoy the Poser release parties, and I find that I learn a lot during those times...more so than any other time, so I try to always participate, and usually create a few pose sets for the Poser characters.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I noticed you were a fast forum learner....I tend to start off slow, then jump in deeper later....and some things I've never tried....like what Terre was doing today with the @ symbol...what's that? Just a way to direct conversation to someone, or is a hotkey for something? Here I am, asking you what it is....haha.

ladyfur

Eager
Yeah, I noticed you were a fast forum learner....I tend to start off slow, then jump in deeper later....and some things I've never tried....like what Terre was doing today with the @ symbol...what's that? Just a way to direct conversation to someone, or is a hotkey for something? Here I am, asking you what it is....haha.

on disqus to tag someone requires the @ and their username and colon disqus which makes a link to them on their notifications. that is what it is for. on etsy you have to scroll through a zillion names to find the one you are replying to. etsy has a very bad forum setup. it was designed for a company to message each other not for chatting. :(

skylab

Esteemed
And, speaking of announcements, time to make a general one for the benefit of those who frequent this thread.....the latest PD Howler 2020 is available at a discounted price, and here's the list of changes and improvements.

Ladyfur....you can probably think of me as a DJ at this thread...sometimes I chat directly with folks, and other times I'm throwing out information to a broader group, many who never post here, but do visit the thread to observe and learn. So when I make those types of announcements, it's for anybody who reads this thread. So I'm like a DJ....or perhaps an old switchboard operator (like Ernestine, Lily Tomlin...haha)...I try to keep up with what's new and post it, plus give tips where to find the best freebies, especially for the benefit of seniors. I try to remember to put the little typing smiley at the bottom of general announcement posts :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, okay....so I guessed sorta correctly....that the @ symbol was a hot key to connect to someone's notification, or email, or PM or whatever it does. It may help you to know that I don't do texting or social media, so I'm lost when it comes to all of that.

ladyfur

Eager
i looked at members and i saw dragonsbreath. :) there were 2 names i couldn't find. arielx in sweden, and twistedpixels in australia, oh, and xmas kitty, in i forget, so 3. i know kitty changed her name but i forget to what... i did recognize a sizable amount on the list though. :)

ladyfur

Eager
And, speaking of announcements, time to make a general one for the benefit of those who frequent this thread.....the latest PD Howler 2020 is available at a discounted price, and here's the list of changes and improvements.

Ladyfur....you can probably think of me as a DJ at this thread...sometimes I chat directly with folks, and other times I'm throwing out information to a broader group, many who never post here, but do visit the thread to observe and learn. So when I make those types of announcements, it's for anybody who reads this thread. So I'm like a DJ....or perhaps an old switchboard operator (like Ernestine, Lily Tomlin...haha)...I try to keep up with what's new and post it, plus give tips where to find the best freebies, especially for the benefit of seniors. I try to remember to put the little typing smiley at the bottom of general announcement posts :)

:coding:
one ringy dingy, two ringy dingy...

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....you got it....I just sit here and ringy dingy all day :) No, seriously, sometimes I'm off hunting news or freebies, then I come back here and do my ringy dingy thingy...haha :) And I also work on 3D projects, renders, animations....occasionally beta test for Janet.

I just located the members list...I forget where to find it, and found it the first time by accident, when I was looking for something else....but this shows everybody who's at Hivewire.

ladyfur

Eager
Haha....you got it....I just sit here and ringy dingy all day :) No, seriously, sometimes I'm off hunting news or freebies, then I come back here and do my ringy dingy thingy...haha :) And I also work on 3D projects, renders, animations....occasionally beta test for Janet.

I just located the members list...I forget where to find it, and found it the first time by accident, when I was looking for something else....but this shows everybody who's at Hivewire.

yes, i had read all 21 pages before posting. ;) i don't do antisocialmedia either. no twits, no fakebook, none of that. just civilized boards that are modded. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Ha...anti-social media....that's a new one, at least for me. It just seems to be a guaranteed land mine to blow up in your face, everyone talking at the same time, nobody listening, and it's like the old joke, opinions are like arm pits, everybody has a couple and some of them stink....haha. I prefer helping and encouraging people, and providing information. I do like for this thread to be a safe place, especially for seniors, who like a slower lane, and a place where they can post renders without concern of being judged or critiqued....I try very hard to do that, since not all forum threads are like that. A lot of older Poser users have stopped rendering, and just sit on the sidelines and observe....I like to give those folks a place where they can be active and involved.