• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

ladyfur

Eager
Ahhh, so your operating system has to work with whatever art programs that you use....got ya :) And DAZ had a sale last year on PD Artist, for $2.99, but I don't remember if there's anything other than a Windows version. PD Howler includes the animation features....and Artist is primarily for 2D work.

:bee:
nice. but i'm guessing it is windows only.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm a Muppets fan...so that may be why the show theme is reaching your ears :) My avatar is Nursoda's Slon...and I always saw him as a cross between a Muppet, and the blue Aardvark (and Ant) from the old Bullwinkle show. I love animation, so I tend to still love cartoons :)

snoopy-xmas.jpg

Terre

Renowned
She is sensitive to bright light. It's at least partly the result of an old head injury. She's in Northern California so she's probably getting hit with the setting sun.

skylab

Esteemed
I can relate....in my 40's I went through a sensitivity to light thing, along with other symptoms that appear at that time of life. I would have migraines hit me at a moment's notice, and would be unable to focus or even be in a room with bright lights...and usually have to open the car door and barf while trying to drive myself home. I learned the hard way never to waste time heading for home when the migraine headaches would hit, since I didn't have much time before the nausea would be overwhelming. Menopause is so much fun....haha. Thankfully those symptoms only lasted a couple of years, off and on....and then went away. But I have the greatest sympathy for anyone who is enduring light-sensitivity headaches. My only way to endure it was a cold ginger ale, and lying down in a totally dark room, until it passed.

:sick:

Terre

Renowned
I got off easy as far as that period of my life. When I got diagnosed I was able to get a prescription for what was a new treatment then. A prescription for a version of low dose birth control pill intended to help women through menopause. 12 months with one dose every day instead of one in 4 weeks off and I went from having what I hadn't even realized was leg cramps to the whole thing being over while not having any symptoms for that year. As a result I missed the major hot flashes and other things women have had to put up with. There are now generic versions of this pill for those who can take them. The original brand is long off the market due to expense. Insurance helped me pay for it. The big catch with this is that the same limitations to who can safely take it are present as for regular birth control pills. As such there are many who can't.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ahhh, okay....I know you're in the "pushing it" group....haha....and though she's never said so, I suspect Janet might be a little younger as well. Dani and I, and Miss B are the elders of the group....haha :)

1959. Turning 60 in November. Sheesh.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everybody....I fell off to sleep for awhile, and just woke up. Glad you're better Ladyfur :) And as I suspected, you probably already know a lot of folks at Hivewire already...you just have not run across them yet, or perhaps don't recognize their screen names.

So, Janet's hitting the number in November....I had a friend at work who would pull some doozie practical jokes on birthdays, so we'd dish it right back on hers...haha. We'll be nice....but you will have a new senior status :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hey everybody....I fell off to sleep for awhile, and just woke up. Glad you're better Ladyfur :) And as I suspected, you probably already know a lot of folks at Hivewire already...you just have not run across them yet, or perhaps don't recognize their screen names.

So, Janet's hitting the number in November....I had a friend at work who would pull some doozie practical jokes on birthdays, so we'd dish it right back on hers...haha. We'll be nice....but you will have a new senior status :)

I thought my vet gave discounts to 60 and older but turns out it's 55 and older. Which is nice as my cat has a teeth cleaning next week. The cleaning isn't that much but the anesthesia is over 600 dollars. He's 17 years old though so I don't mind paying it.