• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
That's fine....we have folks who prefer using Studio. I think Linda is probably doing both Studio and Poser sometimes. I use Studio as a utility mostly to pass files from here to there, and use Poser Pro 11 most all the time....and here lately, FlowScape....and for tinkering with modeling fixes I tend to use Hexagon, Anim8or and Carrara. Occasionally I dabble in an older version of Vue Esprit, but lately I'm discovering that FlowScape is capable of doing nice landscapes.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....yeah, that's my nice way of putting it....I remember how quickly the years started rolling up once I passed that mark. Seems time is flying these days....anyway, it moves faster than I do....it's not using a cane like I do :)

skylab

Esteemed
And I failed to clarify, it's fine to post your husband's Studio renders. We do family friendly stuff, and a lot of Nursoda characters....and Janet creates animations...you've probably seen her "Anniemation" stuff on Rendo. Dani does gorgeous Poser renders with a special Photoshop touch, and you probably remember LindaB, or Elynda, from the DAZ forum years ago. And, Alisa was involved with the KCTC group back in the day, so you probably know her also from the old DAZ forum Freepository.

:grouphug:

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I seem to keep missing it on that one....I was referring to Terre when I said pushing it....haha. I know I can tease her that way. I should have made that clearer, sorry for the mix up....haha.

ladyfur

Eager
so i guess envelope thingy will get a number if she replies? i'm the only non rendering artist on this board, just like i am the only non seller moderator on an etsy team, which only has sellers for mods, because the one who runs it wanted me there, lol. my husband, shadow, has done 3d rendering since daz, bryce 5, poser and povray. i'm the one who does 2d with my mouse on my comp. i used to do collabs but i lost my program to composite when i lost win7 and i'm on linux lubuntu now, with a linux version of mspaint.
3d is too complicated for me but i appreciate others doing it.

Terre

Renowned
so i guess envelope thingy will get a number if she replies? i'm the only non rendering artist on this board, just like i am the only non seller moderator on an etsy team, which only has sellers for mods, because the one who runs it wanted me there, lol. my husband, shadow, has done 3d rendering since daz, bryce 5, poser and povray. i'm the one who does 2d with my mouse on my comp. i used to do collabs but i lost my program to composite when i lost win7 and i'm on linux lubuntu now, with a linux version of mspaint.
3d is too complicated for me but i appreciate others doing it.
Yup.

ladyfur

Eager
Yeah, I seem to keep missing it on that one....I was referring to Terre when I said pushing it....haha. I know I can tease her that way. I should have made that clearer, sorry for the mix up....haha.

no problem, sky. if i can survive etsy's convoluted fora, and the oddities of disqus, i can figure out most boards. the only odd part here is it posts without live updating so the order gets a bit jumbled. nesting is different here. there is no nesting, lol.

skylab

Esteemed
Ladyfur, it's perfectly fine to post any 2D stuff that you've done. That's one of the advantages to this thread...it's really not specific in that area. Dani does beautiful Photoshop postwork that makes her renders really unique. I've posted some of my sketches here before.

Yeah, when you get several folks posting at one time, it can get confusing as to who is speaking to who....I forget to address the person by name in those situations....and yeah, as Terre said, there's a 10 minute limit on editing...for security purposes.

skylab

Esteemed
I noticed this morning where Lyne has posted some of her paint by number stuff, apparently from her phone....which I think is great. She's been having health issues. So, we encourage all kinds of art. Last Christmas I was even doing Play-Doh critters...stuff like Kermit, Snoopy, and even did a Trek Spock....to exercise my hands since they get so stiff in cold weather. Comes from those days of being a musician....these hands really got a work out back in the day :)

Here's one of my pencil drawings from my sketchbook.

:drawing:
shells-with-net.jpg