• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
More Poser 11.2 release news from Rendo :) Sounds like September 16 is release day, but they are looking for volunteer early adopters starting September 2. I may volunteer to participate in that, as I usually do when Poser is released. Apparently the licensing system will unplug from Smith-Micro altogether at the time of the 11.2 release, so they are urging folks to update when the 11.2 version is released on September 16 to avoid errors when Poser 11.1 tries to connect to Smith-Micro for license confirmation.

:coding:
Hopefully that'll go smoothly.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Congrats on getting your wings in the Spore game. I visited the Wiki description...sounds interesting :) I'm so accustomed to seeing your big T avatar, I didn't recognize you :)

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well $%%@%^@$ I was going to give my dog a bath tonight and went into the spare bathroom and there's a lizard in the bathtub! It's stuck in there. I put some boxes in there thinking it might climb in and I could take it outside but it only went under the box. I'm considering putting a small amount of water in there, catching it in a cup and taking it out. Or I could wait for my son to come over tomorrow. Total change of subject I know but I just had to vent.

skylab

Esteemed
Haha...well Janet, I'm sure that came as a surprise! You're a lot more merciful with critter invasions that I would be, but then I'm not equipped so well to deal with them now. I'd do a very shallow level of water, and then pour in a cup or two of bleach...it's quick and dirty, but gets the job done, if you don't mind dramatic lizard execution. Good luck!

:oopsie:

skylab

Esteemed
Found the old Smith-Micro tiger (now at Rendo) in my archive and tweaked his poses a little so that he could be included in the ark storybook render...and decided to fill out the scene since his colors were so pretty. It's a shame he can't help Janet by fetching her bathtub lizard :)

TIGER from CP-Rendo.jpg

TIGER CP-RENDO-construct.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My son suggested I let my cat have at it but I couldn't do that. It's scared. It just wants to go back outside. But I just went back in there and didn't see it in the bathtub anymore. I need to look further when I get my courage up. This is a good and bad thing as if it's no longer in the tub I don't have to worry about getting it outside but it also means I have a lizard loose in my house. Fortunately it's the other side of the house with a closed door between us.

I can't wait for the Hivewire tiger! These animals are soooooooo impressive!

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...that's the downside of having a critter suddenly disappear on its own...it's like, okay, where did it go? Haha....and will I see it again when I least expect, like when I wake up and find it nearby...haha. That's why I deal quickly with critter invasions...since they are in my territory, when they need to be in theirs.

I was wondering if there was a Hivewire tiger in the works. They are such beautiful animals :) It will be some serious work for the texture artist, for sure...I can't imagine getting all those stripes to look right.

skylab

Esteemed
Janet's lizard problem was similar to the theme of this crazy Gonzo render that I did....called There's a Bug in the Tub. I was thinking of the old Far Side cartoon There's a Bee in Back Seat, where the guy is looking in his rear view mirror at a human-sized bee sitting in the back seat while he's driving.

bug-in-the-tub.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Terre....thought I'd post this for you for when you breeze through....my first Spore creature....and I think he must be a party animal. Here he is, teaching his kids to dance :)

Spore_2019-08-22.gif

Terre

Renowned
Well $%%@%^@$ I was going to give my dog a bath tonight and went into the spare bathroom and there's a lizard in the bathtub! It's stuck in there. I put some boxes in there thinking it might climb in and I could take it outside but it only went under the box. I'm considering putting a small amount of water in there, catching it in a cup and taking it out. Or I could wait for my son to come over tomorrow. Total change of subject I know but I just had to vent.
Meanwhile I'd have tried to trap it under an overturned box or something and then pushed a piece of cardboard under it and use that as a cage to carry it outside.

Terre

Renowned
Haha...well Janet, I'm sure that came as a surprise! You're a lot more merciful with critter invasions that I would be, but then I'm not equipped so well to deal with them now. I'd do a very shallow level of water, and then pour in a cup or two of bleach...it's quick and dirty, but gets the job done, if you don't mind dramatic lizard execution. Good luck!

:oopsie:
Spiders and mice and such I execute. Preying Mantises get captured and released outside. A lizard would also. Never had any in here though.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I do remember Ladyfur, so tell her hi right back for me....and of course she's always welcome to come and be with us "golden girls" here at Hivewire...more the merrier :)

:flower02:

skylab

Esteemed
I enjoyed Spore Creature Creator also...it took awhile to get the hang of how to get the body parts to land on the character correctly, and it was funny during the painting stage...when I splashed him with blue with yellow markings, he looked himself over and laughed at himself, so I figured that was a good sign...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I might stop by there to at least say hello, if I can figure out the sign-up process. I don't have fur baby pics to share....all I have is Jo...maybe I could put a stash on him...haha :)