• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here's another book scene from FlowScape, this time a little more like the one on the FlowScape website. I'm still learning how to handle the navigation and scaling...that's the only part that's a little clumsy for me yet....I'll get there eventually :)

You can click on this picture and see a fairly large version of this scene...enough to see the cats and bunnies, and perhaps a butterfly.

flowscape-book-farm-1700x957.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Sure glad to see you this morning...I was getting concerned if you were okay. I just love that Keeping Watch night render....that is really, really nice :)

I'm searching with a magnifying glass this morning...haha....trying to find the best choice for a high res book to use in Poser, as well as arched bridges.

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Thanks for the tip about Jim's book. I've been collecting the best of what I can find, so I'll add that one to the bunch :)

:shineon:

Terre

Renowned
He also made it easy for people to put their own textures on it.

Speaking of books.... Here's a funny from work;
There is a charity that has set up a "take a book leave a book" stand in the store. Sometimes people do leave books. Several weeks ago there was one with a cover that was a painting of a girl riding a galloping paint horse. It would have been a great cover if the name of the book hadn't been National Velvet with the horse having a WESTERN saddle.

skylab

Esteemed
You all may remember when Ms Ivy visited our thread recently. I've been looking through her free stuff, and noticed this demo video that she created to show how she does her background music.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) That's what I'm looking for, one which can have custom textures...or in this case, blank pages for this particular project....that is, creating a FlowScape storybook type of scene in Poser.

:bee:

Terre

Renowned
Jim intended for his book to be useable for pretty much any purpose. Blank pages may already be one of the options he put on it.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's an attempt at animating Slon with keyboard music that I was playing live improv at a rehearsal. My Yamaha would do multi-track recording like Ivy is demonstrating, but in this case it was recorded live on a small tape recorder, which is why the sound was so muffled. I was playing all the repetitive parts myself, not using presets. Those were the days....ugh....makes my back remember the pain of hauling instruments around....haha. Our little band had fun while we could, lots of good memories :)

...and the keyboarding on this one was done the same way, except I was allowing the preset rhythm to play in the background....the rest was just live improv during a rehearsal using an analog tape recorder...static and all...haha....which is about all we had in the late '80's and early '90's.

Thank you!

Have a fun, safe trip!

I love the book images. I noticed that 1971s has been offering a lot of bridges lately at Rendo. Picked up the first set but haven't used it. I haven't had time to go to the Flowscape website yet but if I can find a few minutes on my computer (it still isn't running 100%...need to get my twins on that LOL) I think I can do something similar in Poser. Actually I think I have done something similar...yep found it. Babies from a Book from 2013.

babiesfromabook.jpg

This would be a cute idea for the book layout, too. I think the houses, bears and pigs are from DAZ and I used LLF's Gumdrops, too. This one is from 2012. Okay, as soon as I'm finished with my morning chores I'm going to read the Flowscape website so I can try to understand what it is. *smile*

enchantedforest.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Dani :) Well I see you've already done a book image :) It almost looks like it could be a hymnbook with music notes....am I right?

I looked and looked, and only found one book that had scriptures in it....it's on the Merlin texture set at DAZ called Sacred Texts....there is text from the book of Matthew in the second, third and last promos. But this is only the add-on product....the base, required product is called Ancient Tomes.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
FlowScape is cool....when the program loads, you start out with a blank "seed" on screen....or I call it a base....but in the program they call those seeds.

I'll take a screen capture for you, to help you get started :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
This FlowScape capture shows basic navigation, screen capture, and the default menu. Click image to enlarge full screen.

flowscape-capture2.jpg