• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Sounds like she's having a fun day :) My family always gets a kick out of my fishy Jo's Amazon Christmas package when it arrives each year. What can I say, he's my spoiled fin baby I guess....there's only one type of food that he gets excited over....he's just not into flakes....and I guess it's just as well....I read where surfacing to the top for flakes can, over time, make them sick. He likes the green crunchy color enhancing granules by Tetra, and I can only find them online. He will do the aquatic equivalent of cartwheels for those....so I understand your enjoying your fur baby's reaction....since I enjoy my happy fin baby too :)

:snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
Have a fun trip Linda :)

CAMPING TRIP ani ver1.gif

2 Lane Roadway

Varingdal terrain

Tree in the summer and autumn by vcernicek

:shineon:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I wish we had a camper. My family did for many years. We'd have extended family & friends camping trips all over the country. My cousins and I basically grew up in the woods on school breaks.

Terre

Renowned
Little Terre. Yes but I'm not sure I have any on this computer. my mother sent a CD with images from when we lived in Japan and Ithought I copied it over to here but it looks like I didn't.

skylab

Esteemed
Me too. My Dad loved camping....he adored it. Mom was okay with it, but he loved it. We had a travel camper like the one in the animation, that could be towed behind the car, and we went everywhere on the east coast that had a place to park it...haha. I think I already described in this thread how I'd set up lines to net crabs for dinner, and ride the motorbike trail afterward. That was our typical experience with coastal campgrounds. Going to the mountains was an entirely different experience...including cooler weather, and wild animals. One of the funniest things that happened during one of those trips was....a lady who was near our campsite had worked hard all afternoon cooking dinner for her family, and since space on the grill was limited, she had to do one thing at a time. A bear came along to steal the part that she had cooked, and she became so enraged (and obviously wasn't thinking about the consequences) that she clobbered the bear over the head with a large cast iron skillet, knocking him out cold....haha. She called the ranger to come and pick him up...haha. I'm sure they had interesting dinner conversation later during their meal :) Probably the funniest thing that happened to me personally was one evening after going to the campground shower, when attempting to leave, I realized that a skunk had gotten caught in the entrance area....he must have sneaked in as people were coming and going....and I was stuck in the washroom until someone finally discovered what had happened and let him out....haha.

My Dad custom made an extension for the back of the camper trailer that could hold both our motorcycles and a couple of bicycles...so we always had great fun when we went camping, but it's also a lot of work. Dad had his share with the set up and take down of the site....and I think mom was uncomfortable sometimes trying to cook in a small area. That's why steamed crabs were a great idea...they could be steamed outside in a container on the site grill....and just add crackers and drinks, and everybody was happy (and no dishes to wash) :) Considering the price range of a bushel of crabs these days, I was netting in a very expensive meal. Dad was never into fishing...I always wanted to learn, and did try a few times, with pretty good results....but that's more fun to do in a group. That's another way of dealing with eating during a vacation. I learned to clean and filet fish when I was fairly young. I do love flounder and trout filet :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Some obvious changes to the new FlowScape....a totally revised intro....and several new animated animals. Everything on the left hand side below is new...a house cat, and several jungle animals, including a zebra, elephant, hippo, rhino and lion. Cool :)

flowscape-animals.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
How are retro installers different to what is there now?

They are doing a Daz thing by adding a way to purchase content through Poser. Figures.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) Looks like G8 needs to consider an anti-inflammatory diet, before it's too late...haha.

Hey Janet :) After reading the Rendo article, it sounds like the old Smith-Micro style download manager thing is being eliminated. The "retro" way of getting Poser used to be make the purchase, obtain a serial, then download the files from the store of purchase....back in the day, it was Content Paradise. Sounds like the files will be coming from posersoftware.com, and not the Rendo account. It does sound like there will be some sort of installer though, so it's not really clear yet. Activation issues haven't been addressed yet as far as I know. I really hope that Poser can be installed on an offline computer, without the old deactivation issues.

I was not too excited about the purchase through the software part of the news, since this sort of thing carries with it software bloat and even possible security issues. I never make purchases "through" software, but it seems to be the thing these days.

I was glad to hear that they are getting the dev team together, and will be committing to nightly builds in order to properly beta test the changes before release. This is an indication that they are very serious about improving and supporting Poser. And creation of Le Homme is also very good news, since it will help lay to rest the old Poser figure bashing thing in the forums....this, plus the deflation of the issue of getting Genesis into Poser, will hopefully result in a more peaceful release of the Poser 11.2 upgrade. This is very encouraging and long overdue :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
DAZ Studio and a few Poser freebies this morning. This pretty much concludes the extensive search for props. I went back as far as seven years to select the best of the props listed below. I was pleased to find some Poser Trek freebies that were buried in the older DAZ Studio models.

TOYOTA SPORTS 800 Ver.2 for DAZ STUDIO

TOYOTA SPORTS 800 for POSER

TOYOTA SPORTS 800 Ver.2 for POSER

MAZDA CAROL for DAZ STUDIO 4.8

MAZDA CAROL for POSER

CELICA GT for DAZ STUDIO 4.8 Updated

CELICA 1600 GT for POSER

CELICA GT steering on the left version

MAZDA R360 Coupe for DAZ STUDIO 4.8

MAZDA R360 COUPE for POSER

Hardback books for DAZ Studio 4

Sword Weapon for DAZ Studio

Classic Dart for DAZ Studio

Dart Board for DAZ Studio

Tuffy 3D Font for DAZ Studio

Chisel 3D Font for DAZ Studio

Posable Tool Box for DS

Rock Hammer for DS

Pickaxe Prop for DS

Radioactive Waste Drum for DS and Poser

WW2 German fuel drum for DS and Poser

Aerosol Can - DS

Cooking Utensil Set for DS

Glass Tea Set for DS

Votive Candleholder and Candle for DS

El lantern, textured for DS (also for poser)

Kerosene Lamp for DS and Poser

Banana (the fruit) for DS and .obj

Apples in Basket for DS

Apples uvmapped version

The Pumpkin for DAZ Studio (and Poser)

Chocolate Cups - mugs for DS

Dining Set for DS

Morphing Table for DS

Front Loader Washer & Dryer Set for DS

Lunchbox for DS

Ladder prop for Daz Studio

BigLight Flashlight for DS

Picnic Bench for Daz

Sign of the past

HD Infinite Rock for DS

Dirt Road Land Prop For Daz Studio 4.6

Terrain Furtile for DS and .obj

Hills are alive with music - terrain for DS and .obj

One big beach prop for DS

Calm water terrain for DS

Water Terrain Redone for DS

Aluminum boat for DS

Canoe for DS

Bow and Arrow for DS

Bow, arrow and quiver for DS

Little Bridge for Daz 4.5 and .obj

Gas Station & Convenience Store for DS

Skeleton Keys for DS

Medieval keys for DS

3x Rounded Shields for DS and Poser

Barbarian shield for DS (also for poser)

Vikings/Dwarves Axe & Shield for DS and Poser

Medieval hand cart for DS and Poser

1940s style Machine Shop Stool, v4.1 DazStudio

Posing Stool for DS

Morphing Recliner for DS

Retro Couch model for DS

Chair_01-DAZ only

Chair_01-Poser

Rocking Chair for DS

Guitar model for Daz3d

Music Stand for DS

Speaker for DS

Chaises_Fauteuil (Chairs) for DS

Mobile Home for DS

Pharaoh's Chariot by 3DAGE for Poser

Western Campfire .obj

Feeding Trough for Ye Olde Tyme Barn Yard for DS and .obj

Cowboy hat- Cattleman crease for DS

Genesis Cowboy Hat for DS

Look At My Hair Wizard's Beard Preset

Genesis Fibermesh Beard for DS

G8M Beard Resource

freeSPEX Glasses for Genesis, DAZ 4.6

Donald (Trump) for G3M

Elvis Presley for Genesis 8 Male

Christopher Reeve for Genesis 8 Male

Flintstone Suit for DS and .obj

Flintstone Suit Part Deux for DS and .obj

Stone-Aged Car for Poser

Dog House for the Hivewire Big Dog for DS

Bunny Tales for Dawn (DAZ)

Bunny Tales for Dusk (DAZ)

Wedding suit for dusk for DS

Dusk wedding shoes for DS

Trousers and shirt for Dusk for DS

Light of Heaven Halo for DS

Artist tools for Poser and DS

Basketball rack for DS

Basketball court for DS

Christmas Tree and Gifts (for DAZ Studio)

WC Fir Tree for Christmas for DS, Poser and .obj

Tjohn's Jack In The Box for DS

Briquettes (Legos)

OGEL (Lego Man for Poser)

Silly Faces for DS Party Time Balloons

Channing's Button Prop for DS and Poser

Morphing Pool Float - IMPROVED Duck Float for DS

Puppet Stage for DS

Praying Mantis Prop for DAZ Studio 4

Jinkies! Rigged Van for DAZ Studio

SDF-1 (for DAZ Studio)

Star Trek V Galileo Shuttlecraft for DAZ 4.7

Centaur Class for DAZ 4.7

USS Enterprise (for DAZ Studio)

TOS-era Trek Medical Props for DS and Poser

TOS Trek-era Civilian Space craft for Poser

Spacecraft for Poser Trekkers - UPDATED for DS and Poser

KHAN-era Trek Weapon for DS and Poser

TNG and DS9/Voyager Badges for V4 and M4 for DS and Poser

Klingon Bird of Prey (for DAZ Studio)

Millennium Falcon (for DAZ Studio)

R2 Astromech Droids (for DAZ Studio)

Civilized Blade for DS

TIE Interceptor (for DAZ Studio)

TIE Fighter (for DAZ Studio)

BR Starfighter (for DAZ Studio)

Ghastly's Retro Flying Saucer

Teal Iray Emissive Shaders

Movie Projector for DS

Movie Screen for DS and .obj

Blue Thunder for DAZ Studio

Cessna 172 for DS and Poser

Tako's Cartoon Bomb for DS

Mousetrap for DS and Poser

5 Petal Fantasy Morphing Flower for Daz Studio 4.6

Folbat by Nursoda - new skins for DS

Folka by Nursoda - So strange new skins for DS

Folde by Nursoda - DS Skins for Folde

Folpert by Nursoda - DS Skins for Folpert

Hein DS Mats

DAZ Studio *IRAY* Car Paint #2

DAZ Iray car related shader presets 'megapack'

DAZ Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' 2

DAZ Studio *IRAY* leather shaders

Leather Shaders for Daz

Military paint shaders for DAZ Studio *IRAY*

Iray Mirror Shader for DS

Calm Blue Ocean Shader for DS

SpaceBones Liquid Converted For DS4.5

SpaceBones Liquid Set of 50 .obj

SickleYield Easy Godrays DS

Hexagon sword Tutorial

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
In addition to new animals in FlowScape, there are also more bases to build upon, including a large open book. Combined with an animated safari theme, I suppose this could be called a Jungle Book :)

Jungle Book.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
There's an example of a full book landscape on the FlowScape home page...scroll all the way down, it's the third from the bottom on the right hand side. A windmill and farm, with a small bridge spanning across the pages of the book. Click on it to enlarge it, to see it full screen. With my "jungle book", I was just picking around while reclining in front of the TV, just to see what was new in the latest version release. I would imagine that something like this would make an interesting storybook scene. Another use that I've found for FlowScape is, because of it's game-like freedom to create, it would be possible to take the ideas created using FlowScape, and recreate them, or something similar to them, in Poser, or perhaps DAZ Studio. All that's required is some sort of base....most bases, or as FlowScape calls them, "seeds", usually include some sort of land, and often some water....what we would call a terrain in Poser....and in this case, the "seed" is an open book. I noticed one "seed" is the back of a turtle's shell. So through messing around in FlowScape, one's creative imagination will stretch. The same thing can be done in Poser....there are just no visual prompts to guide the process. So that's why I'm sharing some of what I'm doing in FlowScape....they are not masterpieces by any means, but visually it may cause you to see things differently when beginning a project :) There are tons of possibilities with the open book. So...the trick would be to find a really good open book model for Poser that could handle high resolution close up for a starting point. Then the "once upon a time" part could be added...and even include page turns if doing an animation in order to continue the story.

:drawing: