• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I do that also, Terre. Especially when I have those evenings where I get in the mood to work on a project, and am up all night....the next day I have trouble with "what day is it".

:bee:

ladyfur

Eager
I noticed this morning where Lyne has posted some of her paint by number stuff, apparently from her phone....which I think is great. She's been having health issues. So, we encourage all kinds of art. Last Christmas I was even doing Play-Doh critters...stuff like Kermit, Snoopy, and even did a Trek Spock....to exercise my hands since they get so stiff in cold weather. Comes from those days of being a musician....these hands really got a work out back in the day :)

Here's one of my pencil drawings from my sketchbook.

:drawing:View attachment 50153
beautiful, sky. :)

ladyfur

Eager
you mentioned play-doh... 2008. april garden. shadow and i made these out of play-doh, except the mousey who is plastic. they are very small.

Attachments

• april_garden.jpg
    april_garden.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 169

Terre

Renowned
I do that also, Terre. Especially when I have those evenings where I get in the mood to work on a project, and am up all night....the next day I have trouble with "what day is it".

I can see that. My problem may be that I needed to go in to work for a couple of hours on Monday instead of being off all day because the boss was on vacation.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, that's nice, Ladyfur. I know from trying it that it takes some skill with the hands to make detailed flowers with Play-Doh. My hands would be so uncooperative in cold weather, it would take me so long to work a shape, that it would cause the dough to heat up in my hands...so I learned that I had to work faster in order for it to not get a "melted" appearance :)

:drawing:

ladyfur

Eager
a lady in england who makes dollhouse miniature windows put my grapes painting in with the batch of professional stained glass designs to print a sheet for me in 1:6 scale. i drew this in mspaint, painted it. then took it to ulead and made it green/cold/warm/watercolor, tweaking it to look stained glass. here is my painting. grapes. 2006.
when it arrives i'll have a miniature version on printed flexi. :)

Attachments

• grapesgreencoldwarmwatercolor.jpg
    grapesgreencoldwarmwatercolor.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 115

ladyfur

Eager
Oh, that's nice, Ladyfur. I know from trying it that it takes some skill with the hands to make detailed flowers with Play-Doh. My hands would be so uncooperative in cold weather, it would take me so long to work a shape, that it would cause the dough to heat up in my hands...so I learned that I had to work faster in order for it to not get a "melted" appearance :)

:drawing:
thanks. well, it was 11 years ago so i can't say if we still could do that. i do have the play-doh packed somewhere.

Terre

Renowned
a lady in england who makes dollhouse miniature windows put my grapes painting in with the batch of professional stained glass designs to print a sheet for me in 1:6 scale. i drew this in mspaint, painted it. then took it to ulead and made it green/cold/warm/watercolor, tweaking it to look stained glass. here is my painting. grapes. 2006.
when it arrives i'll have a miniature version on printed flexi. :)
That will be nice when it arrives.

ladyfur

Eager
Oooo, Ladyfur....that's nice. I enjoy putting 3D renders through oil or watercolor painting sometimes, or image enhancement. I use PD Howler for that sometimes. I used PD Howler on this Hivewire Lion render, to brighten up the image:

View attachment 50159
i want to pet him. :) pd is a paid program. the version of ulead that i had was free because it came with our first isp here, a very short lived dialup local company. they gave the ulead disc free when we got our first computer. because it's an exe i can't use ulead on linux even though i still have the disc. :(

skylab

Esteemed
Ahhh, so your operating system has to work with whatever art programs that you use....got ya :) And DAZ had a sale last year on PD Artist, for $2.99, but I don't remember if there's anything other than a Windows version. PD Howler includes the animation features....and Artist is primarily for 2D work.

ladyfur

Eager
@ladyfur Is there a version of Wine that might be able to access it?
probably. but i've never used wine and don't know how so i can't say. i'm not that type of techy. linux proggys don't have live people to answer questions. i have tried and never once gotten a single reply.