• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here we go...the first of Janet's Doc animation tests....here's Doc moonwalk :)

DOC MJ - MOONWALK ANIMATION.gif

Ms Ivy

Hi Ya Skylab Thanks for the invite.
for those of you who may not know me or, properly haven't seem me around much, because I am usually pretty busy working, I am a profeshenal Graphic artist & have been doing it since 1999, & I am constantly working on something , I do a lot of commissioned work for local printers and a lot of free lance web designs for clients referred to me by 3rd party web hosting companies. those are my bread and butter so to speak.

I am always reading & trying to learn some new technology to make my digtel art even better and stay competitive .
I don't spend a lot of time on social media. , I don't use Facebook or twitter mostly because back when i first started posting my art work in public forums back 10 years ago or so i was trolled pretty hard , so don't waste my time with negativity, I put my energy into my art work. & I use Youtube and my website to help show & sell my work.

My art history is pretty pain . I started as a intern at Victoria secrets IT department in 1987 & aAdobe Ambassador, demonstrating and endorsing Adobe Creative Suite products in the early 2000, and shortly after I found poser4 and just fell in love with 3d art. In 2008 I was introduced to Daz Studio3 and that is when my skills really begun to improve in animation..

Today I am working still as a Graphic artist, I like to make animations like some people like to make puzzles , I think a lot of people don't relies how much there is to art like i do. There is so many steps & pieces that is need to be done & put together to make a entertaining animation. Unfortunately I do not have a team of people in my home studio to help me, so I have had to learn every part of film making, from concept & story boarding to get my animation started, Then as a producer ,gathering assets and any license required, before I start working on a film, Then I had to earn how to do scene building, timelines, keyframe animation, lighting techniques and rendering, once learned those steps well then come the part the magic happens. I had to learn post production & film editing, there is many many steps to making the type animations i do. and I love ever step of the way and I think it shows in my work.

The hardware that I use to make my animations with is a custom built render rig , intel -I7 Skylake dual 12 core 3.88 gHZ processor 124 gigs of systems ram, pushing 2 - EVGA 1080ti founder editions graphic cards with 11.9 gigs of vram each, in a external GPU cooling box with 1800 power supply & 2 hour battery back up, incase of power failures, & its all connected with connected with EVGA Nivida nv-link . this system was built for rendering animation. and am always investing in new hardware to keep it up to date.

The software I use is for animation nows days is mostly Daz Studio, mostly because I find the Under interface easier to work with than poser . I think that is a personal prefference I do use poser pro 11 and Maya, blender and Adobe Premiere and After-effects as well in my work flow. so you could say I am a software nerd. In fact thats what my friends and husband call me is a big computer Nerd..lol and I wear that badge proudly .. HaHa

Anyway that is about all there is to say about my progression through my animation life.

I have some free art work and free props and poses on my sharecg.com channel if anyone would like some great freebies ShareCG - poisonivy's portfolio

I have a long running thread at daz studio with great tips and art work. where you can find me most times Ivy's Art & Aanimations @ DAZ3D

and I also have a website Ivy's Domain, Home of graphic artist Ivy Summers.

well I guess I bored y'all enough with my story , like I said I usually am very busy most of the time, so if I am late to a reply or I am MIA from a forum awhile its mostly like because I am buried arm-pits deep into a 3d project.

Have a great day :)

http://www.ivysdomain.com/
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9050/art-animations-by-ivy-summers

skylab

Esteemed
Hi there Ivy :) I'm so glad that you posted information about your projects, your links to threads and free stuff, and information about the computer that you use. My goodness girl, you made me drool just talking about all that video memory and ram, and processing power...that's what it takes to stay current these days. I've just got a little computer, enough to get by with small projects...compared to yours, you would find it amusing....a refurbished HP with 2TB drive, 16 gig of ram, and a 1 gig video card....whoopty-do, right....haha. It's just enough to get me over the OpenGL 3.33 hurdle so that I can stay in the game a few more years. I work mostly in Poser Pro 11, and dabble with DAZ Studio and other 3D tools as necessary. Lately I've been having loads of fun in FlowScape...probably the best $10 that I ever spent :)

One thing I love hearing is....you stay busy with your projects, and love it enough to stick with it....and the fact that you have little time for forums is a good sign. I know all about catching problems when dealing with forums, and the only cure is to back off for awhile and get busy with a project :)

I knew you had to be a disciplined person to be doing what you're doing. I had a friend who was the same way...she passed away in 2011....but she loved animation more than food to eat or air to breathe. If she were here she'd have a fit to get to know you. When I viewed your animations, I wasn't sure if you had a super powerful hard drive, or if you were very skilled in video editing...so it sounds like you're a little of both. I just use a simple video editor, JASC Animation Shop, to tweak and produce the looping .gifs that I post on the forum, but for larger projects, I use Sony Vegas.

I've often thought about it, that an animator, if working alone, has to learn every job that would normally be assigned to individuals on a team. If working alone, one has to be the "chief cook and bottle washer", as the saying goes....haha. One needs good clerical skills, accurate and thorough record keeping, public relations, organizational skills, technical skills in order to maintain the equipment, financial manager, and then all the 3D art related skills...so there's probably no such thing as an overnight success...takes years to sharpen each skill to a fine point.

You really did a great job on the plane flight video....I can say that because I had tried to do the same thing...in smaller portions of course, and found from experience that it's not as easy as it looks. Your city traffic flow in your videos is also excellently done, not a detectable hesitation anywhere in it....exceptional work.

I wanted to ask, do you ever use Maya for your animations, since you mentioned having Maya? I've worked with another lady who uses Maya for modeling, and she uses a plug-in, I think it's called Real Flow or something like that, to create realistic ocean movement and fluid simulation. Have you tried anything like that? I think DAZ Studio has a plug-in that's similar...I think it's called iReal Animated Ocean Water System. Just wondering if you had tried anything like that. I tend to like nautical scenes, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks so much for stopping by. And you can be assured that we will not weight you down with things that will hinder your project time....we just consider it a privilege to get to know you, and cheer you on as you learn new things, the same way we cheer each other on. We're mostly a group of senior ladies who love 3D at least as a hobby...and Janet does some professional work. When you get the time, please feel free to stop by again, and post links or animations, whatever you like. There are so few serious animators in the Poser or DAZ community, we like to encourage it when we meet a fellow animator :)

Have a blessed day, Ivy :)

FLUFFY-RECLINING-ANI.gif

:drawing:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That looks just like John Cleese! Did you find the props? There's a bowler hat and a briefcase for that one.

Great job Sky!

Yes as soon as I finish rendering the movies and upload to youtube then figure out how to do the file structure for DS I'll submit to Renderosity. Oh and promos.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) Yeah, I thought Cleese was very convincing after I parented a stash to his face...haha. I thought about trying the props, but I was wanting to complete everything by daylight, so I went with keeping it simple. Figured you'd have some "chief cook and bottle washer" stuff to do before you could finally submit the set to Rendo. You probably breathe a sigh of relief once it's done.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I used the stash at Most Digital Creations for John Cleese....it's called Real Moustache, at the bottom of the page. I just darkened the diffuse a little, to match his hair, and parented it to his head.

:coding:

Ms Ivy

Hi skylab I use Maya motion designer for some complex keyframe animation and importing it to daz in bhv or MDD file format. I also use Maya for making changes in characters or props , rigging

I use blender for the same reasons as maya for the timeline tools and geometry editor
I learned my animation skills from my old Adobe flash daz when flash was how you animated things on internet. now days it streaming services or jqury. or drop and drag API' apps
I have the complete adobe creative CS5 Master edition that comes with all the tools i need for post work like premiere for film editing and photoshop 3d edition and after effects for pre & post work production.

I can't animate worth a hoot in blender or Maya the UI is complicated for me to do projects alone with those software. that is why i work with poser and daz.
I have done a few animations using the iReal Animated Ocean Water System
here is one of them

I have also done a few with the fludios water plugins
this s one of them I have many more animations on my yotube channel

I also have another animation that uses plane with lots of action render in 3delight

like i said i have 100's of animations lol

skylab

Esteemed
Ah man, Ivy, that Flight Fight video was great....you were passing through some close places in order to shake off attacks. That made for some interesting suspense. I was curious what you were using, since I thought I recognized 2nd World's stuff, and sure enough, I snapped a capture of the end credits in order to have it slowed down in order to read it:

credits.jpg

I have the airport and a couple of 2nd World's planes....that's how I played around with flight animations. I notice your name is next to the Apache and F18, plus the fire truck....so you modeled and rigged those yourself? Cool!

I recognized 3D Universe Toon Crab, and the fish tank, and your Ratty Mouse videos were featuring a freebie, which I thought was cool :)

Can you tell I'm a fellow computer nerd? I'd be right at your elbow learning everything that I could absorb, then shut myself away in a room and not come out until I had done what I had learned. I'm just built that way...haha....always been like that :)

I'll try to take notice of any of your videos that might include water, since you are using iReal and Fludios which was the other water plug-in for DAZ that I couldn't think of the name. I haven't tried it, but wondered how it performed...it appears to have several parts to the plug-in.

You may notice that I "talk in links"....haha....I try to leave a trail of information for folks who frequent this thread...we do get a lot of traffic, and I'm helping others as I go to learn where to find things...I call it "dropping a bread crumb trail" for others. All they need is the initiative to dig for the information :)

My goldfish was having anxiety attacks watching the aquarium video...haha. His name is Jo...he's the only pet that I can have now, since the furry, four-footed kind are too difficult for me to care for now, with my age, and health issues, and navigating on a cane. He's a six year old comet goldfish who is more tail than body, and full of personality. He brightened my days through cancer treatments, including two surgeries, and we always eat together...haha. If I sit down to eat, and forget to feed him, he reminds me by flipping water on me until I get up and serve him his meal too...or sometimes he will make kissing noises at the water surface with the suction of letting air slowly out of a pinched balloon...haha. I always say that he must be part dolphin....he acts more like a dolphin than a goldfish. Sometimes I catch him watching TV....if there are a lot of really bright colors, he gets attracted to it...same thing with computer games....I play Bejeweled to rest my legs when cooking or doing kitchen chores, and I'll catch him just staring over my shoulder at the colorful game play...haha. I have always thought that he would be a good subject for animation, but I could never find the right model that captured his personality. He'd be a good 3D Universe character. Here's a picture of him from last year:

JO-GOLDFISH--2018.jpg

I guess you noticed that we were beta testing Janet's animations, getting her Doctor Pitterbill set ready for submission to Rendo. You've probably seen her work online...she goes by the name Anniemation at Rendo....cute and catchy name, eh? She has stuff here at Hivewire as well. Our entire thread tends to like Nursoda characters, also from Rendo, plus his free characters.

Linda B and I have a long history of playfully competing with creating famous faces with Nursoda characters....mostly Hein and Doc. I like to add to the challenge by animating some of them....like John Denver....or John Denvhein (below) for example :) Other characters of mine like this are posted starting on page 361 of this thread. Linda B's characters start around page 329 of this thread.

Dani is our other regular thread participant....she hasn't been feeling well this week, so we've not seen her in awhile. Her work is beautifully lighted, bright scenes of nautical themes and flowers. Some of Dani's work can be viewed around page 388.

Now you'll know a little something about the folks who visit this thread a lot. Terre also posts regularly. She's like our rudder of sanity that keeps us from going over the edge...haha.

Our thread should come with a disclaimer....warning....extreme, warped humor....haha. I'll post just a few examples below. And there's always a danger that some of our humor rubs off on your animation style....haha.

JOHN DENVHEIN.gif

EGGSTREME KONS.jpg

KON KATASTROPHE 2019.gif

SLONA-LISA.jpg

kong--bong--animation--2018.gif

heinnibal.jpg

fon-family-dinner-9-14-14.jpg

kon bad hair day.jpg

Last edited:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Oh I hate when I come across something on Rendo but forget to bookmark the page. Can't remember what it was or who made it but I know I wanted it. Gah!