• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
That's good to hear, about your foot, Linda, and glad your husband's surgery part is over...and just waiting now for labs. Hope all goes well.

I was sleeping soundly and awoke to the phone ringing....my doctor's receptionist was calling to see if I could arrive a half hour earlier in order to fit in another appointment. I agreed...and after I hung up I realized I'd better write it down immediately, or it would be lost in the sea of forgetfulness...haha. One thing that doesn't work....is people telling me stuff when I'm half asleep....haha. I need an awake brain, and a resting brain. Anyway....I'll see if I can roll over and continue where I was in my morning snooze :) See you folks later . . .

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
I've tested the two free B9 Lost in Space robots, and hope that the information below will save you some time, if you're interested in using it. And this is the only time I'm going to post about this, so please read if you need to know this.

The first free B9, a .lwo version, has been around a long time. I can remember that it used to work in Poser 7. However, I could not get it to appear in Poser 11, or Poser Pro 2014, or Poser Pro 2012....so I gave up. It's still on Rendo, and it's called Robot, Danger! by kojoccio. I also could not get it to import into Carrara, so I couldn't troubleshoot the model.

The second, newer B9, an .obj and 3ds version, is on free3d.com, called Lost in Space Robot. It does import into Poser...even choosing 5% as the import size, it's still huge, and has to be sized down quite a bit. At first sight it appears okay, and would be fine on side angle shots, but there's some sort of error appearing on the chest panel, which I've shown here in a Carrara screen capture:

b9-error-carrara.jpg

Poser Pro 11 quick render in firefly:

B9-3.jpg

B9-1.jpg

B9-2.jpg

I suppose this free version of the B9 robot could be used, especially if a character was placed partially in front of him to cover the chest panel, or a side angle shot....or if you know how to model and attempt to fix it on your own. Just wanted to clarify that both free robots have some issues.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I may have found at least part of the solution to the B9 Robot issues. I'm thinking that the original model is located here on 3D Export...B9 Robot from Lost in Space for $5. It still has a couple of export issues....the creator exported the background plane with the model. I had to import it into Carrara and delete the background plane in order to just get the model. It also has some minor problems in the chest panel that could probably be dealt with in post work, or corrected if you know how to model. The glass head bubble and the glass in the neck area should have the transparency set high, easily done as the separate materials are preserved.

B9-LIS-ROBOT.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :)
Linda, I'm also glad your foot is improving and your hubby's surgery is done. Good luck on the rest.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I hope he has insulated bags for the cold and frozen stuff. I think that thing looks like it gets really hot in the Sunshine.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
I don't think he does but like me he only lives less than a mile from the store.
it probably does get hot. Since there are no doors there is also no A/C. He has an enclosed car he uses for bad weather.

skylab

Esteemed
More free vehicles, and a few other models. Most of these are 3ds format, so they are not rigged, but are useful for filling scenes, particularly where classic cars are needed. Just remember, sometimes there are import issues with some models (like we saw with the tow truck)...sometimes this can be corrected by importing into a modeling program first, such as Hexagon or Carrara, or possibly even Blender. Several of these I know work well in Poser just as they are....such as the 48 Farm Stake Truck, the Econo Pickup, and the Redneck Houseboat. So, the import just has to be tested. Also, remember to select any glass parts of the models and set transparency high in the Poser material room in order to get the right effect.

Mini sedan

69 Bronco

560-SL

48 Farm Stake Truck

40's Bus

Micro-Kar

Unsafe at any speed - Corvair

Econo Van

Econo Pickup

52 Panel Truck

50 Pickup

52 Dodge