• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Here's are a couple using 1971s' Moon Island, Fairy Bridge and Nursoda's Utla.

dragonsdoroam.jpg

thecronesociety.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Dani :) We were posting 1971s stuff at the same time...how about that for being in sync...haha. I thought maybe you'd like those unique backgrounds. Good to see all your renders this morning. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the text on the signs to be clear to read...stretching into new territory in the material room :)

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the link to the Position Helper Tool....I'm not familiar with it, but I always need all the help I can get....haha....and here lately I've been doing larger scenes, and occasionally wonder where stuff is.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Occasionally I've done serious renders in the past...this was for the Japanese tsunami victims back in 2011. I didn't use my typical bright render style on this one...it was intended instead as a memorial and prayer.

JAPAN 2011 - MOTHER AND CHILD - TSUNAMI.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
And this was for my ministry website at the time that it was done, for younger folks who liked Star Wars themes :) I used to do a lot of flash presentations back then.

source.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a much reduced version of a Ps. 23 flash animation. The original was over 1500 frames, and this has been culled down to under 100, so most of the flow has been lost...but you'll get the idea anyway. I used M3 and the DAZ lamb in the background.

Psalm 23 --- Shepherd and Lamb.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) Yes, Sassafras was a cool cat, especially being as old as it was....and would be great for animations :)

skylab

Esteemed
And this was my first attempt at doing a 3D render of the Last Supper (2008). My computer at the time was so old, that by the time I'd gotten all the hair and beards and robes loaded on 13 figures, my preview screen would lock up completely, so it was a long time before I tried again doing something this complicated. This was done using M3, Apollo, and M2.

last-supper-2008.gif

This was an even older attempt...probably more like 2007, since it was done in an old version of DAZ Studio. It was an attempt at showing the disciples around a typical middle eastern table, low to the floor, instead of what is pictured in traditional paintings, and at the moment that John asks "is it I" in response to the statement that one of them would betray the Lord. This was done using mostly M3, except the big guy in the back, Peter, was done using Apollo.

question2007.jpg

This was also done in DAZ Studio probably in 2007, and shows Jesus washing Peter's feet....or in this case, M3 washing Apollo's feet.

THE WASHING --- 600x508.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Linda :) Thanks. I ran across that Japan render in the archive recently....it had been created for the ministry website back when the tsunami happened, but I don't think I ever posted it on a forum. I just remember that story in the news, about that infant being found after being separated from the family, and what relief they must have felt.

skylab

Esteemed
I've been wanting to try this animation...and decided to do it this morning. This 2013 project was originally for an Amish Buggy pose set. I couldn't find this type of buggy anywhere so I created one, using the 1800's Horse Buggy. The black, boxy part of the Amish buggy is the part that I modeled, that can be slipped over top the 1800's Buggy, and then using various parts and rigging...the free Horse Harness, and the Vintage Sleigh, a fairly nice Amish Buggy can be created. Since the 1800's buggy is not rigged, the wheels can't turn in this animation, nor was there any way to successfully parent the buggy to the Mil Horse....but I just wanted to see it moving with Janet's Mil Horse trot. The Amish Buggy slip-on is part of the pose set that I have uploaded on ShareCG....AMISH BUGGY with M4, M3 and APOLLO POSES. There is also an optional top for the 1800's buggy by 3dgreg. The background is Adam's Fields of Gold.

I've culled a lot of frames out of this animation to keep the file size down, which makes it a bit choppy.

AMISH BUGGY-ani-2019.gif

amish-buggy1.jpg

amish-buggy2.jpg

amish-buggy-2013.jpg