• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everyone :) If you just use some replacement Poser firefly materials on those vehicles, they will appear like new.
Hope the pain is subsiding in that foot, Linda.

I'll be going offline soon to get breakfast, and I'll probably need to spend time this morning resting, to make up for yesterday's running around...so see you all later on :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
The same person at Rendo, Vikike176, who created the Little Toon Scene also did the Still Life scene.
Though my renders below are not the default light settings that come with the sets (I was deliberately trying to imitate Vermeer style lighting in the Still Life scene), they do make great starting points for scene setups. Just thought I'd mention this, as I discovered it this morning, that the same person created both sets, and also has similar simple sets on Rendo.

Dani, and anyone else interested, you might want to look at Garden Moment...and Garden Corner....and Garden Corner 2...Meadow....Pine Forest...and perhaps Little Toon Scene 2. Maybe out of these, you'd find something of interest, or that matches your render style.

One of my favorites is 1971s stuff on Rendo...very creative and imaginative....and also Cybertenko...both have frequent sales.

LITTLE TOON SCENE.jpg

STILL LIFE with WINE BOTTLE - VERMEER.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) How about that....they've got some good stuff there. When I first started in 3D, I was struggling along with slow computer with 2 gig of ram (back when we were doing the Hein characters), so very few of my old renders even had a background....so I'm "discovering" cool backgrounds and environments really for the first time....at least those that I could actually use. I knew the Still Life set was light weight and worked well, but I didn't realize that there were similar sets available. Unless you go digging around for it, it didn't often surface in the heavy advertising of DAZ products. My first search indicated that there were only three Vikike176 sets...but on the second search, I saw it all for the first time. Maybe Poser content will become easier to find. I can see a difference already at DAZ...that there's still a surprising amount of Poser content still on the site, but again, it has often been pushed to the back.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Maybe not entirely....depends on what it was. If you have an account at DAZ, then some of your old RDNA stuff would have been automatically added to your account there. For example, I still have Gilbert the Goldfish....because he transferred over to DAZ during the transition.

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Haha I don't even remember what all I had there to know if I got it or not. Sadly, I miss the freebies the most.

skylab

Esteemed
I'll see if I can test it some for you....

RDNA STUFF showing in DAZ ACCOUNT:

Chip stuff is showing up in DAZ....just type Chip in the filter search of the Product Library
Daisy Stage Flower
Diamond (the Horse)...just type Diamond
Distant Horizons Background Set
Type DNA and stuff will show up
Type EF and several products show up
Type Essentials to find Sweaters and stuff
RDNA Stylez - Facial Hair - Erp Mustache
Facial A-Hairness (Mortem Vetus)
Egg Heads
Fireworks
French Style Shabby Chic Vol 2 Kitchen
GeneriCorp props
Greyling Alien
Gilbert the Goldfish

(I'll continue this in the next post)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
RDNA list continued . . .

PROPS PACK....type that and anything under that category shows
Gumdrops stuff
The RDNA Hoodie for M4 and V4
Jack the Worm
Jetty
Snuffie
RDNA Stylez 6 - Cheveyo - Native Braided Style Hair
Nun Veil for V4
Peasant Dress for V4
Pitch M4 H4
Plushies stuff
Traveler Props and Naturals (try typing both traveler, and traveler's)
Scatters (fireflies, bumblebees)
White Label Taxi
WildSide Hair for M4 (native american)
Yard and Garden - Wheelbarrow

Looks like that's about it...I was using my archive to run down the list of products, and these are the ones that showed up at DAZ. Mortem Vetus has moved everything to Rendo. Some stuff is here at Hivewire. I think Sassafras, the cat, was an unfortunate casualty...it doesn't appear to be anywhere now.

:coding:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have several of those robots. And I have some plushies from there, then I got a few more during sales at DAZ. I have some Chip and Cookie stuff from RDNA, too. Haven't done much with these things (or anything, it seems)...but I did use Cookie and Chip a couple of times, not always together.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Not much going on here. About to put the computer to sleep for a bit while I watch the news and weather report.

Dana

Position Helper Tool | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Found this one in my Runtime...made by Esha and it's something that I don't ever remember using. I know I picked it up at RDNA. It's free at DAZ now and I'm not too sure how it works so I need to find it in my purchased products and re-download so I can read the user guide. I'm always losing things when I'm doing a big scene...small props don't load in the same place all the time and it makes it hard to locate them.

Love all the little scenes; wishlisted. I don't have any of Vikike176's sets though I do have quite a few of 1971s.