• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Ahhh....so that's where the sci-fi comes from. I think there are still some more Lost in Space freebies around.

Can you imagine what those space critters would sound like, blowing their noses...haha :)

:bee:

Here's a peaceful one...On a Sunday Morning, 2014

onasundaymorning.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Two more reasonably priced beach themes from Adam - The Beach and the Beach House

That's it for tonight. I won't be online as much on Monday and Tuesday, since I have some real life stuff to take care of. I may drop in during this time, but I won't be searching for free stuff or doing any renders. I'll be back at it by Wednesday. I'll enjoy seeing anything that you all post during this time, so carry on, and have fun :)

Good night everyone

THE BEACH - ADAM.jpg

BEACH HOUSE - ADAM.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
This is an interview with Mel Blanc, a rare video in which he can be seen while doing some of the many voices of familiar cartoon characters. He also talks about how full animation used to be done, and why the quality was so good as compared to current methods. He demonstrates how the animators used to position themselves in front of a mirror, so that they could see themselves speaking the lines in order to capture a true picture of what they were illustrating. In Poser we have the benefit of phonetic expression dials to form words, but in the 1940's and 50's, everything was carefully done frame by frame, using slow motion when necessary to get the timing right. Janet and I both tend to do this with our Poser animations...we're actually doing animation the "old way".

This interview was done in 1979, when Mel Blanc was 70 years old, and still surprisingly energetic, and accurate in his vocal demonstrations. From his description of his relationship with his son, I bet that had a ball together, as Mel taught him how to do character voices in normal conversation, or when reading the Sunday comics together :)

skylab

Esteemed
Peter, Paul and Mary are doing comical children's songs in this concert back in 1992. The kids were certainly having fun, as were their parents, Great message in the song "Inside", and "I Know An Old Lady..." is entertaining to watch, and Noel's song "Right Field" has a great message even for us big kids who struggle with our abilities :) Enjoy.

PETER,PAULandMARYHEIN.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Conforming robe for M4, Habitus Malus, is 60% off. This will save me hours of time dealing with dynamic cloth robes when creating pose sets. It also means that characters in my Cross Dresser list have gained a conforming robe as well, including the characters in the Nursoda village :)

M4 CONFORMING ROBE - HABITUS.jpg