• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I may have the Genesis in Studio 3 part wrong....on my kitchen offline workstation, it was showing up in the content folder because I had multiple DAZ Studio versions installed, but I notice here on my bedside workstation, it's not showing Genesis in the content folder....it looks more like when it was compatible with Poser, with M4 and V4 showing...so that may have been a mix up due to my crossed up content folders. They are still separate directories, but older versions of Studio would "search" the drive to find anything related to Poser or Studio. I guess perhaps Studio 4 was the intro to Genesis. It's important for anyone wanting cross over compatibility with iClone to remember that it requires Genesis 3 or 8, which is somewhere around Studio 4.9 when Genesis 8 began, along with Iray.

Hopefully it folks can customize their UI, it can help with the transition to newer versions of Studio. I'm not sure who thought that the idea of gray text on a charcoal background would be easy on the eyes...but to me it's a muddy blur. I liked the Carrara-appearing UI the best, but that was only available in Studio 3.

Anyway, thanks for catching that Genesis mix-up Terre :)

:oopsie:

Terre

Renowned
That makes sense. :) You have a lot of stuff and so do we. When I open poser (I may do so again soooon.) I have to remember that only the P7 and earlier stuff will definitely work.

skylab

Esteemed
The biggest difference in Poser is I have to remember that Paul will only work in Poser 11, and much of the stuff in my Materials runtime won't work in other versions.

Spent this afternoon working on a little pose set for you all...it's of Doc Barney, hanging out of the TV set, doing his "nip in the bud" routine, while Doc Bean is relaxed on the sofa. I managed to get this set done despite how many times we lost power during the storm...haha....I lost count of how many times it went off, but I was saving my work as I went, so nothing was lost :)

I used the free 1950 TV, the DAZ Couch Potato sofa and tables, and Ockham's 1940 Table Lamp at Rendo free stuff, but most any props would work with some pose adjustments. Doc Barney has to have his legs and feet made invisible, since he is stuck through the TV :)

The set is zipped in a runtime folder and attached to this post.

Attachments

• DOC BARNEY TV.zip
    179.8 KB · Views: 154
LOL I love it!! That is so cute, Sky.

I think I used Predatron's Beyond the Sea and one of Flink's skies. I'll open Poser to see how I did it. Be back in a bit.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Appreciate your taking time to look that up....and meanwhile I checked my DAZ account, and I do have Beyond the Sea. So....that was the clever, artful use of the camera angle in order to create the illusion that there was lots of land behind the character....ahhhh, how about that :) I'll be playing with that today, for sure. I also like the bright colors in your renders :)

And...I thought Paul's song Hope of Deliverance was a great candidate for a partial re-write of lyrics for ministry use.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Discovered today that I had the La Femme 1.1 update in my Rendo stuff, so I tried it out with the male morph. La Femme's controls are much improved...after a rather intense effort to get a likeness of Paul McCartney, I only noticed one possible morph that could be included in future versions....that is, if it had the ability to raise, or lower, the mouth...just a bit, I would say that the facial controls are getting close to excellent. So, here is Paul McCartney, using La Femme 1.1 free male morph and 3Dream's textures.

skylab

Esteemed
Free stuff used in La Femme Paul character listed below, and the face pose is zipped in a runtime folder and attached to this thread post. All base morphs have to be injected before applying the 3Dream male morph...and after everything is loaded, then the Paul face pose will work. The outfit is La Femme Wayfarer from Rendo.

Aprilysh Jamie Hair

Beatles bass, at Rendo, and 3dpmr

Attachments

• PAUL face - LaFemme.zip
    218 KB · Views: 142
Great job with LaFemme! I've have the male texture in my cart with a couple of other things.

I'm glad I could help you for a change! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. When I opened the file I found that I had used the skydome with one of RDNA's sky textures. I also found that it didn't render the same way in PoserPro 11. Checked to make sure that it was rendering in Firefly and yep, it was. I still have PoserPro 2014 so I'm going to open it up in that and see if I get the same results.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani :) Figured you got busy yesterday....Fridays and Saturdays can be busy times for folks.

I've been digging through some of my old notes from stuff I posted on the old chat thread about five years ago...and I tried to harvest out the remaining holiday themed links that stuff function, since you mentioned liking to do Christmas in July renders.

I didn't know if anyone would even be interested in a face pose for La Femme, and I almost didn't post it, but thought maybe someone would be using the figure anyway. At first La Femme was free for a limited time, if I remember correctly, and that's how I ended up having the figure. Then it was updated recently in my Rendo stuff and I didn't even realize it....so it was sort of a spur of the moment project. When I first saw the male morph applied, Paul's face came to mind, so I just kept tweaking it until it was more obvious. They have indeed improved the figure a lot....I always like a lot of facial expression controls. Anyway, thought it might be good, since Rendo just purchased Poser, and is promoting La Femme, that I'd pitch in my contribution :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Nice renders, as always. Your lighting skill fascinates me....even when it's a darker render, you seem to have total control of the light, which I admire. The garden shed is my favorite....similar to a Vermeer painting, with such control of the lighting :)

:bee: