• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Good morning!

Thank you for all the free pool things, Sky. I am definitely a seasonal renderer so they will come in handy.

Puntik is so cute, Linda! I think he is my favorite Nursoda character.

Having a hard time getting motivated this morning...my cats are giving me the evil eye because I'm still upstairs at my computer and not downstairs getting ready to feed them.

...where I wish I was; relaxing somewhere.

houseofblues.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning :) Love the beach house render :) Reminds me of when I'd go down to Nags Head with my church group....we'd caravan down in several cars, rent several houses on the shore, and share the rooms. I loved getting up before sunrise and heading out to the beach to pick up seashells, and again at late afternoon until sunset especially. Even when I was younger I couldn't handle much of the intense heat during the day, so I'd stay inside the beach house and just do relaxing things near a window (I liked putting together jigsaw puzzles...I'd do 300-500 piece puzzles in a day, so there'd be a new one each day), so that I could see the ocean without going outside and returning with sunburn. Guess my skin and auburn hair wasn't meant for sun bathing :) I would always do some writing while I was at the beach house, and I imagined that it would be a great place to sketch and paint, but I would have to be at a place for awhile before I would have been comfortable setting up for art work, but traveling with a group, that wouldn't have worked. I could do puzzles and be social at the same time. Here's a sample of my poetry below written about one of those beach trips...I was trying to have the feel of the water rushing in, and then receding, which is what you do when you hunt for shells...run back and forth...haha...anyway, reminds me of your beach renders Dani :) Keep them coming, if you have any more :)

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the freebie links Dani...I wondered where you got that big hat from....haha...you can conceal a big story under a hat like that :) so I grabbed the textures for SAV's hat, and the rustic shack and textures :) And I think maybe the beach house is the Seashore House from here at the Hive...I got it when it was on DAZ years ago.

Hey Terre, and Linda...keep the renders coming Linda :)

:drawing:

Your memories are beautiful, too! {[hugs}} Makes me long for days gone by.

My grandparents owned a little shore house on the Choptank River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Growing up, our summers were spent there, crabbing, fishing, long boats rides to our favorite sandbars, steamed crabs in the evening. No ac, no tv...just a little AM radio. After my grandparents died the house went to a family member on my aunt's side and my sister, trying to recreate the same type of memories that we carried in our hearts, purchased a home in the same area but on Church Creek, for all of our children. Unfortunately, she had to sell after a couple of years but just this past year my grandparents' property went up for sale and she bought it...not in too good a shape but she and my brother-in-law hope to do some renovations so we can enjoy it again. Anyway, your story brought to mind a picture that I had taken of my parents back in 2011 at Church Creek...doing a puzzle together on the summer porch. I miss them.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Going to the beach in August. Can't wait. I love the sound of the waves and seagulls. I also collect shells like Sky. Our bedroom has a beach theme. Wish I could still draw but I shake a little too much now. This is a wreath I made.
Wreath.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
So, your grandparents were puzzle lovers too...it's just something relaxing about it, helps to unwind after a busy work schedule. And oh, I remember the summers spent camping near the water when I was young...steamed crabs in the evening which I would catch earlier in the day. Folks may have snickered at my crab net, and chicken necks tied as bait to lies at the shore, but nobody was laughing when I'd return to the campsite with a bushel basket of huge crabs that only cost me an afternoon in a shady spot, sitting in a lawn chair, waiting for the lines to start moving, indicating I had a nibble :) And yep, all that with no AC or TV...just simple fun. To cool off I'd ride the motorbike trail until dinner time :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda...so you were a shell collector too :) I had a net that I'd gotten on one of my trips to Nags Head that I used on the wall to display a lot of my favorite shells.

I haven't tried pencil sketching in awhile....my hands don't shake, but it's getting difficult to grasp things like pills, or count change, and I can't help but wonder what trying to draw would be like now. Some of my last attempts below were in 2015, before surgeries...I had seen online where folks were getting professional results with art work done in simple Crayola Crayons, and I thought perhaps I could handle their bulky shapes with my diminishing grip, better than a slender pencil, if drawing became difficult. So, these were experiments...it felt weird at first, returning to crayons (like going back to my second childhood), but then I realized, as with 3D, it's not the tools, but in the heart of the artist, so it quieted the concerns I had about losing the ability to draw. Some of you may remember that I also used Play Doh to exercise my hands before winter set in last year...again, returning to simple things, but it worked as an exercise to help keep my hands working :)

skylab

Esteemed
If this adult coloring book ever becomes available again on Amazon, I recommend it highly, if you like flowers. It has full page color renderings of how each selection should be done, side-by-side as a guide. I've given this as a gift, and it was well received. It helps steady shaking hands, with practice :) I especially recommend this one as it's the only one that I could find that had the full color, side-by-side, coloring guides. This one is nice also, it just doesn't have the coloring guides, or if you like Peanuts cartoons, this one.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, it's approaching lunch, and afternoon nap time...see you folks later :)

We'll go out with another simple poem that I jotted down while eating a sandwich on my lunch hour one day...it was a breezy fall day, and I could've spent the rest of the afternoon, just sitting in the grass and taking in all the colors...but, alas, work was calling me away.

:sleep:

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Diane and I have been watching the Andy Griffith Show on our Firestick, when she can only stay awake for something shorter. Still funny, 50 years later! So much that wouldn't even make it into a show these days. And so much innocence, too. It's a hoot to see the old cars. And asking the operator to make a call for you...to a phone with Words and numbers! :D

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, I find the old classics are just as entertaining as reruns as they were the first time around. I stay on the classic TV channel probably at least 80% of the time...and just switch occasionally to the local news and weather, or to watch Rachael Ray's cooking show. Sometimes I'll watch Law & Order SVU or Chicago PD, but I found over time it was getting so sad, watching crime stories that are so similar to the current news headlines. I prefer the uplifting humor of the old classics....Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Andy Griffith, Gomer Pyle, MASH, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Leave It To Beaver, Dick Van Dyke, and I'm so glad to see that those shows are on both broadcast (free) TV as well as satellite. At least I don't feel like I need a bath after viewing them. Reality shows and most current movie content doesn't last 10 minutes with me before I shut it off. The violence, and harsh words have a way of slapping up side my head in a violating way, and I find that I have to draw a line somewhere, and not "drink the Koolaid" of our current violent society. Focusing my mind on good things allows peace to have a place in which to dwell.