• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, thanks for that link Dani...that's a must have for a musician, especially at that price :) Rendo's half price sale runs through this weekend only.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Okay Linda...yeah, I have issues with a waxy Genesis sometimes too,, but then I can't get the hang of controlling the lights in Studio....that and navigation difficulties have me scratching at the controls like a cat in its box, with little results :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Poor Mo, he's got people pox.
MO_Pox.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Ha...Mo is feeling po'.... :)

When you say "latest version", are you referring to DS 4.11 or have they updated again? I had it very briefly, but that went down with my other Win10 drive. I have DS 4.10 on my bedside workstation.

skylab

Esteemed
Well hey, there's the "big T"....haha...at least that's what your avatar says. Was wondering if you had fallen prey to a failing internet connection again. Good to see you girl :)

Good morning!

My goals on the computer today...catch up on emails, make another July 4th image, update drivers. Also have to clean, vacuum, dust and take care of Quinn. What I'll actually get done...??? :unsure:

Loving the new emoticons added for liking something. I'm glad you picked up the piano keys, Sky. I'm going to also...I've got quite a cart-full going at the moment. Have to trim it down a bit before pushing the purchase button.

independenceday2012.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Dani...know what you mean about waiting on the cart full. Sales are about the only times I get anything now, and if it wasn't for them, I'd have to do without. After having just dug deep to get iClone, I really had to restrain myself at the Rendo sale, but did get a few things at 50% off. After reading the fine print, I realized that the sale goes through today until tonight, for anyone who missed browsing for stuff over the weekend.

Your to do list sounds a lot like mine...I'm doing kitchen duty now, and I'll need to change my goldfish tank water later this morning. By the time I do everything, I'll be ready for a power nap...but I'd like to get my chores done first. The laundry might have to wait until tomorrow.

It's nice that I can at least do emails and the forum on this old Windows 7 drive while I'm working in the kitchen. I have to take frequent breaks or I'll have trouble with shortness of breath...so the breaks work well for computer stuff.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my goodness, the sheep and the chickens made me laugh out loud...haha. Those sheep are so fuzzy they look like they're made of yarn...they really do look like a craft project. And the chickens look like they've had a trip through the Poser hair room. We'll certainly have some interesting and challenging critters to try doing :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
The 4.11 version, Sky. I think I stopped at 3 something, maybe 4.0 back when. So many changes.

Love those sheep!

skylab

Esteemed
Feel free to be specific, since you're a DS user. I know for me it was tough going from I think it was version 4.9 where I had the content folders all settled ever since version 3, and then I think it was at ver 4.10 that they totally changed how they did the smart content, which had to be re-downloaded. I was not so happy about that...and I still have problems finding things. I was doing fine when it was version 3, and it was actually growing on me. But the iray changes brought with it many changes in the interface too, and to me, I feel so clumsy in it.

skylab

Esteemed
That's why I get a little nervous when folks start talking about "improving" Poser. If it's really an improvement, then I'm all for it....but if it turns out to just be an anti-piracy jerk around, without that many actual added features (like some of the stuff that can be done in iClone), then I'd just as soon they leave it alone, than to make a mess of it. Thankfully I've kept older versions along the way, and I'd be glad to go back to using them rather than end up waist deep in one technical hiccup after another. I've seriously thought about going back to DAZ Studio 3, but then I'd miss the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 capability for crossing over into other 3D programs...and iray....those are the only two reasons that I put up with it. I want it functional as a utility to pass Poser scenes and characters through...so, I reluctantly tolerate it. I have noticed an odd dealing with textures on Nursoda characters when importing Poser scene files, which I don't care for. I'll have to try setting some things up in Studio directly, since your renders appear to not have this problem. I've been searching YouTube for information about importing rigged characters into iClone by way of 3DXChange.....and apparently it has been going on for as far back as iClone 4 or even older....it just started with characters out of Maya and other high end stuff, even Blender. It's just become like a new duck now that it will do Genesis, which is typical thinking of the DAZ-ocentric 3D community. But I'm thinking that maybe I need to review some of those older tutorials that were importing rigged .obj files, especially Blender...since I might learn something from the older methods. What I'd like iClone to do is just the same stuff I'm doing now in Poser....Nursoda comedy, and biblical illustration on the side. I like my toons to learn the fundamentals of an interface and animation technique, then I try it on the more serious subjects, just to see if it will work. Practically speaking, I can't very well sail a boat across a stormy sea plane until I learn to drive a simple car with the animation controls...it's the a-b-c's of animation, and I enjoy even the a-b-c's quite a lot :)

One thing I've always done when I'm freebie hunting is pass up .max files. They're always beautifully done, but I had no way to use them. If I understand it correctly, iClone will take .max files. So I'm thinking, holy cow, do I have a lot of downloading to catch up on...haha. I sound like Dani now :) And stuff at BlendSwap that's rigged....if it can load into iClone with rigging preserved...wow. So I'll have lots to play with, experiment with, and occasionally if there are successes, I'll post them here in a spirit of dropping bread crumbs, leaving a trail for others who may someday want to follow along.

:coding: