• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Linda :) I was just collecting up all the Doc Faces that I've done so far, and zipped them in a proper runtime folder tree, to make installation easier. They are attached to this post. I included the Doc Spock Vulcan salute animated pose, along with the faces.

I was tickled to see what you accomplished last night with Mick Jagger...you really took that mouth to a whole new place...even I didn't know that it could stretch that far. You could do face morph distribution too :)

:drawing:

Attachments

• DOC FACES.zip
    324.7 KB · Views: 199
That's a beautiful animation and tribute to your dear friend. I'm sorry for your loss but happy for her that she is at peace. God bless. {{hugs}}

I like Lully's plant stand but it comes only in Studio format and that I don't have.

Thank you for sharing about yourself, your art and your resources! I love learning about how others started in this and I'm always curious about those whose names I am familiar with online. I love your animations. I've never tried to do that in Poser other than using dynamic clothes which I'm not fond of doing. I constantly change my characters' poses as my picture evolves, doing and redoing and it doesn't create a very efficient workflow.

I started out making graphics because I wanted to make pretty webpages. There was a free website that had neighborhoods (can't remember its name at the moment...Home something?...happens a lot these days. LOL) and making my first webpage started a chain of events. Then I wanted my own website (first DanisDelusions.com and then Dani3D.com) and wanted to offer free sets online. I did some research and started in Frontpage and my dear sweet husband bought me Photoshop 4. Now all the online ladies that made their graphics were using Paint Shop Pro. Photoshop was too advanced for me so I learned first in PSP and then about a year later advanced to Photoshop. At the time the web ethics movement was starting and I found that I couldn't use just any image I found online so I decided that I would have to make my own. I can pixel draw in Photoshop but I'm no artist and that's where Poser, Bryce and Vue came into play. I dabbled in all three and found my niche in Poser and I've been there ever since, along with Photoshop for postwork. I took a break a couple years ago when my daddy died and my sister and I had to take care of my momma. I was away about two years from 2015 to 2017. I just lost my creative side and couldn't make anything and then one day I actually made an image again and I was so happy! *smile*

My youngest son Quinn, who will be 19 in July, has Down syndrome, is autistic and bipolar and my days are spent taking care of him. In my spare time I love to make pretty pictures. When I was younger I always wanted to learn new things (I homeschooled all four of my sons; constantly learning with them) and now I just want to play in programs that I feel comfortable in. My how things have changed. LOL

Anyway, sorry for the book! I look forward to learning more about you all, sharing links and knowledge and creating. I have Vince's PoserPro 11 Superfly shaders but not the other one and that is in my cart waiting for the 21st and the credit card bill cycle to turn over. LOL I've been playing with Parrot Dolphin's and Fabiana's materials and sometimes it only takes changing the color in the Materials Room to make it work. I have no clue about the Material Room and truthfully I don't want to...it's too confusing. Bagginsbill I know is a genius with that stuff but he always made my head hurt when I read the forums. I, too, miss RDNA.

Thank you all for the kind words.

...a self portrait that I did using Vila.
summer2010.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh goodness, Linda...you tossed Jagger, before I had a chance to look at your lip work. You did an excellent job with the controls, it's not easy to get the mouth to move out like that. Start saving your work girl...haha.

Glad you're meeting everybody Dani...they check in when time permits them to. We're mostly a senior, or pushing senior, bunch...haha....so we're rather laid back here.

Thanks for sharing about yourself. I remember the Paint Shop Pro ladies' groups back in the day...had several friends who were doing the fancy graphics in the late '90's, and early 2000's. JASC Paint Shop Pro was the program of choice then :) I'm still using PSP 9, and Animation Shop 3 is how I tweak my animations to this day...it's like my favorite teddy bear, so don't anybody mess with it...haha.

Know what you mean about taking a break and losing the creative side. In my case, medication for treatments had me so scattered, I couldn't concentrate. It was a scary time, to not have creative ideas, or the desire to try, and I really didn't know if I'd be back doing 3D again. But after the last surgery, and enough time passing so all the medication was finally leaving my body, slowly ideas began dancing across my mind again. And even grief will do the same thing, or if one has been shocked by life events...the body goes into survival mode, so there's not much left for creativity, until time is allowed for recovery.

I admire your sticking with your son, and helping him with his needs. I could tell right off that you were a good-hearted person, and that you'd fit in here with our gentle, peaceful group.

I had to chuckle at your "Bagginsbill head hurt"...I've felt the same way when reading forums. Honey, if it comes with an equation, I'll have to pass on it (math was not my best subject in school). And that's why I never approached animation as a physics equation...I'm sure all that helps to create ultra-realistic movement, but I'd faint and fall out of my chair if I thought I had to do it that way. I just go by how things feel...if I'm doing a character rocking in a chair, then I rock back and forth, and adjust the animation according to what my body is doing....I guess you'd call that "little old lady motion capture"....haha.

You really do a fine job with your renders...very neat and polished. You put a lot of care into what you're doing. Really nice work :)

I took time to zip up all the Doc faces that I've done so far, and put them in a proper runtime sequence, instead of leaving it like folks drop it in their own pose folder. When we first started with the faces, I didn't realize it would keep going.

And finally, I noticed your saying that the "plant stand only comes in Studio" format. Below, I'll share the step by step approach that I use in order to use DS Studio stuff in Poser. In this day of being outnumbered by Studio users, it's nice to know that we can catch some of it as it's going by for use in Poser :)

Again, glad you're getting to know everybody....Terre is our steady, old faithful...she's our cheerful "good morning" person, and has known a lot of folks involved in 3D over the years. Her husband is Jim Farris, a name well-known to Poser old-timers.

Miss B watches over any technical needs of the thread, and is a Blender guru. Janet shares my love for animations, and is a vendor here at the Hive and Rendo. LindaB is my Nursoda buddy from back in the DAZ forum days. And there are others who come and go...so stick around, and have fun. You might even learn something new, but we always try to make learning fun :)

:bee::beehive::bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, here's my quick and dirty, step by step approach to being able to use DS4 .duf props in Poser. This process will also work on rigged figures, but it will lose the rigging of course once it's exported as an .obj.

01 - DS-LOAD AND SELECT.jpg

02 - DS-SELECT EXPORT.jpg

03 - DS-NAME OBJ EXPORT.jpg

This next step below is important, as it involves selecting Poser scaling, and also choosing to export the textures with the .obj...this has to be selected, since it is not the default setting.

04-SELECT EXPORT OPTIONS.jpg

05-SELECT POSER IMPORT.jpg

06-SELECT OBJ TO IMPORT.jpg

07-DONE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh really...so you're a "switch hitter" too...I'm using DAZ Studio 4.10 on my bedside workstation, and I lost my version 4.11 when the kitchen Win10 went down. I try to keep up with at least the basics in DS4. I use it more as a tool, like a utility, than a renderer. I have a hard time getting the hang of how to position the lights in DS4, and the "surfaces" are not intuitive to me.

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sky if those morph poses I did are useful go ahead and make them a freebie. When this movie is done rendering I'll try thick lips on Pitterbill. My granddaughter's last day of school was yesterday so I took her to an "instant pot" cooking class which was really fun, good food too! They made pork loin with cheesy cauliflower and lemon chicken soup. My granddaughter asked for thirds but didn't get them. I explained to her later that you only get seconds at the class. Then we went to a drive in movie a few miles from here and saw Secret Life of Pets II. The movie ended at midnight and she fell asleep in the car on the way home. What a fun night! Tonight we're going to play with food coloring. Going to make white cupcakes with white frosting all colored up.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet :) Glad you've had a fun time with your granddaughter.

I didn't include your face morphs with the zipped batch that I did, though I did include the first draft of Cleese. The Cleese face will mostly work as a starter pose without the morph expansion. I didn't want to put your work under the SKYLAB POSES folder.

I fell asleep watching TV, so I'm just getting alert :)

Hey Linda :)

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Cool I'll grab them now.

I've got her for another night. I'm teaching her Pig Latin.