• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I've zipped this and attached it to this post...about the best I could do...this was a tough one :)

DOC JAGGER.jpg

Attachments

• DOC JAGGER.zip
    151.7 KB · Views: 126

skylab

Esteemed
Terre, I was wondering the same thing, if something had been stuck on the US Ranger outfit that belonged to M3...so after I tested it, that's why I mentioned it. Never seen that done before.

Terre

Renowned
There are some in the 3D community who do a lot of ripping of game models and posting the Poserized results as their own work. From what the friend said this particular artist is someone he has seen do this before.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...well, if that's the case, they won't last long on ShareCG. It may take awhile, but when they catch on to what's being done, they will pull the plug on it. But they must have re-rigged M3...because the base model does not have the expression capability....the eyebrows, sides of the mouth, everything had it's own control, working independently from the opposite side. M3 did not have that rigging.

:bee:

Terre

Renowned
Which would make it a real shame if it is a kitbash including a ripped model since the artist looks to have the skills to do better. We'll see.

littlefolks.jpg

Thank you for the warm welcome, the new faces for the doctor and the links to the shaders for PoserPro 11. How do you create your faces...is it done in Poser or Studio or another program?

I love creating landscape, child, animal and toon images. I've been using Poser since 1999 (and still know very little about it!) and though I look longingly at the beautiful child characters that are now created in Studio I am a die-hard, long time Poser user so I am always very appreciative when I run across something well-made that includes a Poser version. As finances allow, I've been trying to buy what I can before it is gone. Many an item's been on my wishlist only to disappear from the stores, never to be seen again.

Here is an old one using a variety of Nursoda's critters.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Dani...we're glad to see you back, and thanks for your contributions. I like the drawers/cabinet used as a background prop....I frequently "see" the same types of things in my mind as useful props, and when I get a chance, I always grab freebies like that...Lully's circular plant stand was a recent example of that. And it's good to see Gosha being used again...and you're probably the only other person who has used Mandragora, other than me...haha. I admire your polished rendering style...my stuff still has a ways to go :)

couch-potato-plant-465x412.jpg

Compared to you, I guess I'm still a newbie. I got off to a slow start with 3D in 2006, using DAZ Studio, when I first started having health issues with heart and blood pressure. I wanted to keep working, but knew that my traveling musician days were over, so I resigned from the worship team, and was suddenly spending my weekends at home, something I had never done at all in my life. My artistic tendencies had been starved during the years of being so busy, so it seemed like it was time to at least pursue it as a hobby. So that's how and why I got started when I did. I hadn't been doing 3D very long when a friend of mine, who had moved all the way to Florida, contacted me and after some back and forth, she expressed an interest in learning 3D too. So, that's when it really got off the ground...she had enough initiative for both of us...haha. Sarah had visual challenges, and because of it, she just didn't go for DAZ Studio. It wasn't long before Content Paradise had a big sale on Poser 6...it was like $2.49...I think it was a special for leap year...and that's how we both were able to make a start in Poser, learning together by email contact :) Poser has been my home base ever since. And posing and animation has been my thing, because that's what Sarah wanted to learn....so together, we plunged into the deepest end of the pool, with no fundamental knowledge of 3D whatsoever :) And I'm still catching up on the things I should have learned in the earlier years. Sarah fought her way through years of bone cancer, and she used those last three years having a ball learning something that she had always wanted to do...here's an example of a clip from one of her animated videos that she created for her grandchildren on my website, and here's the avatar she used on DAZ forum, in case it's familiar to anyone:

sarah-avatar.gif

So, here I am...just me....still animating, because I learned to love doing it. I also wanted to learn to model, but that didn't fly so high...haha. I'm fine doing little props for myself...but there are so many things that can mess up during the modeling process, and I lack the patience for it. I first connected with other folks who shared a love for Nursoda characters on DAZ forum...and, again, here we are...a remnant of that original gang :)

And I share your love for Poser....I'm using Poser Pro 11. You asked about how the faces are created....it's just spinning dials in Poser. I finally, after all these years, just recently learned to save out the morph facial poses, and animated poses, so that's why you're seeing them sprinkled about this forum thread. They are my baby steps into new, unknown territory :)

You mentioned liking to do landscapes. My only experience with that has been a little tinkering with Vue 6 Esprit, the only version that I still have that didn't go down with the E-on/Cornucopia ship while I was out with my own health issues in 2016-2017.

Occasionally I'll use DAZ Studio to convert a prop or pose for export, and I collect a few things here and there in case I'm forced into a situation to learn animation using it. But I naturally just open up Poser to begin my creative day :)

And you're right, what's happening with the disappearance of Poser stuff...it's here today, and gone tomorrow, with the way Rendo cycles content. We no longer have available RDNA (I sure do miss them), CP, Poserworld, and some of the smaller 3D stores. So we watch as things we're really interested in getting fall victim to the ongoing purging process, and for that reason, I try to pay closer attention to big sales now, and often throw little hints in this thread for the benefit of our "frequent flyers" :) That's why I mention the two superfly shader sets at Rendo regularly...it's like, if you have P11 and ever want to get into superfly rendering, you REALLY don't want to miss these...haha.

Besides animating, I have an ongoing, relentless pursuit of trying to understand how to use emissive lighting. I recently did this test render, and almost fell out...it was like, okay...what did I do right this time? Haha...

FORESTER - LAMP and FLAME superfly.jpg

If you like seascapes, you might like Forester's Galilee boat project, something we've been collaborating over recently. I occasionally do biblical illustration, so I'll work with other 3D artists, on the side, to accomplish this. The two versions of Forester's Kinneret boat are free on Rendo in Forester's free stuff, and the clay oil lamp above can be found on the Galilee page on her website. And if you don't already have a good water plane, Flink's Water 2, on Rendo, is great :)

Well, that's about it for who I am, Dani...and I'm so glad you're joining in with us here. We're glad to have you participate any time. Post your renders and have fun along with us :)

:flower02: :grouphug:

Last edited: