• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Just found out the Doc Aednik outfit has a chest morph dial called "chester". Makes the shirt & overalls look like a feminine chest.

skylab

Esteemed
Ah...so that might have been Nursoda's way of providing a Mrs. Doc...there's already a woman texture in the Doc folder...I never thought to check for any body morphs.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, nothing is showing when you select Doc's Body, or Chest, but there's a space for Other, and Morph, I guess if anyone wants to add something.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, got it....the hair has an option to be longer too :)

DOC-MRS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...I'll make a few screen captures to show you. It's one of those things that sounds harder than it actually is...so hang on...

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...hope this is clear...I threw it together...haha :)

STEP 1 - This is in the hair room, actually creating the tuft of hair on Doc's head.

01- DOC HAIR.jpg

STEP 2 - This is the default hair color, which is really, really blonde. It's good to check it with a render before proceeding, to make sure there are no stray hairs sticking through the eyes or ears.

02 - DOC HAIR.jpg

STEP 3 - Next (making sure the hair is selected), you go into the Material Room by clicking the Material tab at the top. It defaults to the Simple Material Room option.

03 - MAT ROOM.jpg

STEP 4 - We'll switch over to the Advanced Material Room by selecting the Advanced tab. Notice over on the right side, under Hair, you'll see three colors...Root_Color, Tip_Color, and Specular_Color...or greenish beige, a cream color, and a gray. This is where you choose your hair color in the Material Room, and you can keep tweaking it until you get it like you want it.

04 - MAT ROOM ADVANCED.jpg

STEP 5 - In this example, I chose a reddish dark brown, a light brown, and I left the specular color.

05 - COLOR CHANGE.jpg

STEP 6 - Render to check the results. In this case, I ended up with a very light brown, so this gives you an idea of how much play you have in choosing colors...you can go much darker than what I've chosen.

06 - HAIR CHANGED.jpg

STEP 7 - If you want the hair to "lay down" on the head more, you can choose to run dynamics....at the top, pull down under Animation, and choose Recalculate Dynamics (making sure the hair is selected), and select All Hair. Some hair styles you might want to be sticking up, so just choose to do this if you want the effect.

07 - HAIR DYNAMICS.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh you're welcome...glad to do it...and you'll find that you can make all the hair you want, and it doesn't cost a thing. I think the hair room is fun :)

skylab

Esteemed
And, the thought occurred to me, that you may have been asking how to change the prop hair color that Nursoda had supplied, so here's how to do that.

STEP 1 - Select the prop hair, and go to the Simple Material Room. Look for where it says Diffuse Color (in this case, it's gray).

1- prop hair.jpg

STEP 2 - Just keep adjusting the diffuse color, and observe the changes to the color of the prop hair. You can leave the Mat Room, render out the scene to check the color, and go back to the Mat Room again to tweak the color if you want to make changes. That's all there is to it :)

2-diffuse color change.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The eye decorations were my granddaughter's idea. I really like how they came out. They are tasty too!