• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I suspect Linda has gone off with her hair room homework, and retiring for the evening...so I guess I'll grab some dinner and maybe try to finish the character I started this morning before hitting the sack.

Have a good evening everyone :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the latest Doc character...two different Doc Gomer Pyle pose morphs...shaa-za-em :) They are zipped in a proper runtime folder tree, and, when installed, should land in the same folder with the other Doc morphs. The zip is attached to this post :)

DOC - GOMER 1.jpg

DOC - GOMER 2.jpg

Attachments

• DOC - GOMER.zip
    174.2 KB · Views: 140

skylab

Esteemed
After checking the Doc Cleese facial pose, I made a couple of adjustments, one around the eyes and the other moving the chin out a little. I zipped this revision in a runtime folder tree and have attached it to this post. It will overwrite the Cleese facial pose that came along with the bundle. I originally made it with Janet's face morph dials, but have found a way to pretty much do it with Pitterbill's dials. It can be useful, if nothing else, as a starter pose.

DOC CLEESE 2.jpg

Attachments

• DOC CLEESE 2.zip
    117.2 KB · Views: 129
Loving all these classic TV characters for Pitterbill. Thank you! Skylab (do you have a name you want me to address you by?) thank you so much for the tutorials with screenshots! Those are so important these days in trying to figure out how things work. I occasionally use the Cloth Room but each time I do I have to look up my bookmarked tutorial to use it because I forget how it works.

Janet, your adventures with your granddaughter sound fun! I can't wait until my grandson, Rory, is old enough that I can make memories with him like that!

So am I safe to assume that there are no stupid questions here? A couple of days ago I posted a help question on Rendo's Poser forum about using Flink's meadows and hills in Superfly. I couldn't get it to work right. I got two answers which helped and then someone posted a screen shot of a script (don't know what to call it) and I had no clue on how I was supposed to use it. I didn't want to sound dumb so I just thanked everyone which brings me to a question about a link you posted, Seachnasaigh's Construct P11 materials...I can't figure out how to use them. What in the heck is the "haze" for? Why does one say CONSTRUCT on it and one doesn't? What part of the construct, ground or background? For years I just deleted the background or made invisible in Poser to make my pictures but then after reading something on one of the forums realized that I wasn't getting proper reflections and such because of that so I've been trying to use it properly. Yes, someone can use Poser for 20 years and still have no idea how it actually works and still manage to make halfway decent images with it! LOL

stylishsummer.jpg

This is a new image using the construct with the white background, one of Ken's cute birds, shabby chic furniture bought at RDNA, I think, the cool suit for V4 by Nerd that I bought from the store before it disappeared and Elleque's little Scampixie Pranx 2 of which I am in love with.

I just wanted to add that one of the things that I really like about PoserPro 11 is that you can add any type of file to any type of folder. I wouldn't have thought of it but when I saw that Ken had updated his songbirds and that the poses and materials were all in the Character folder...it just makes everything so much easier to use. I have been starting to do that with new items. Which brings me to another question...how do you guys have your Runtimes organized? I have so many things that I forget that I have so every now and then I open P3D0 Explorer to just take a look to refresh my memory.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Dani...using sky or skylab is just fine :) And absolutely, no question is considered stupid. I can't guarantee an intelligent answer every time, but no questions are insignificant or unimportant. It used to irk me to observe folks getting kicked to the curb on DAZ forum back in the day, just because they were a "newbie". It was because of this that I started my Discussion and Tutorial thread at DAZ, and I actually had emails sent to me by people who were too embarrassed to ask a question in the thread, but would do it privately, so I'd address the answer as if I thought up the question myself. It worked then...and I didn't realize I'd still be doing this 12 years later, but I'm glad that it has worked, and a lot of folks, including myself, have benefited. Having said that, let's see about your questions :)

And yes, I try to use the P11 Construct for the lighting reasons you've mentioned. And yes, I was also unsure about the haze...it was supposed to blur the line between where the ground and the background sky meet, but last time I messed with it, I wasn't getting it right either. I concluded it was either my lighting, or I wasn't getting placement correct. I just checked the download file, and there's no readme, so I wanted to make sure that some of the answers weren't supplied there. Seachnasaigh is one of those folks that I wish would come and stick around here all the time...I just love his lighting and material work, and he strikes me as a patient teacher. As far as the Construct goes, I just use the backgrounds and the ground...at least so far...and I hope in future updates of Poser that they'll expand on the features of the Construct.

As for runtimes...some years back I was getting frustrated trying to find content when I needed it, because the single Poser runtime that I was using at the time was bulging at the seams...so I started the massive undertaking of dividing everything into logical groups, so that I could work faster. Some groups are according to type, like all Nursoda characters are under one group, human characters are according to their names, and some are grouped according to using CrossDresser to the best advantage. So, my runtimes for Poser look like this now, and I can locate things much faster:

P11-runtime-list.gif

The above arrangement may seem enormous to some, but I always use the same setup in any workstation, and after awhile, it's easy to memorize. I keep a copy of this huge runtime on a couple of my usb backup drives, so that if I change drives, I can just copy the whole thing over, so setup is a breeze. It was just time-consuming during the initial setup, but once it was done...it was done...and saved me hours of time later on, plus it took down the stress level of not being able to find stuff. Another alternative, as you mentioned, is something like P3D0 Explorer or D3D XL Content Library which I used during the disappearing content library in Poser 8 issue. Both of these allow for nice sized pics of the content to make searching so much easier.

You mentioned being able to add content to any folder in Poser 11...now that's news to me...but one could see where I'd have issues knowing where to put stuff...haha. One thing about doing it the same way for each computer...I rarely have problems loading old scene files because of keeping the location names the same. I archive my scene files so that I don't have to go through setting them up again if I should ever want to animate them.

I've used Flink's water planes and effects, but not the replicating land...I'm assuming that's what the script is for...I've not had any experience with that, but perhaps someone else in this thread has used that sort of thing. I was fascinated with the M.O.M. Crowd Generator by Powerage, and someone on ShareCG created a Star Wars Storm Trooper crowd add-on for it. I'm assuming that it is also a replicator of a sort.

We had some rather comical demonstrations of dynamic cloth, starting at around page 124 in this thread...and some of our more experienced users gave tips and info to help solve issues during my demonstrations. I created a tutorial using a free dynamic robe for M4, based on those forum discussions. The free M4 dynamic robe can be downloaded from Rendo. My old Poser dynamic cloth tutorial, using Poser 7, is still on ShareCG also, and is considered Part 1 of the dynamic cloth tutorials.

Some of my other tutorials, which are a bit dated now, are still on ShareCG for beginners, in case anyone is interested.

And your render of Doc Mick really rocks! I love it! I just peeked, using another browser when I saw a posting alert message. You really did a good job with him :)

Well, I hope at least some of this helps...and I'll keep my eyes open for answers to the Construct and replication questions :)

:coding:

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)
As far as questions go Jim used to get annoyed over at Daz for the same reason. He'd see people using Studio ask questions and no one would answer. He'd then make a statement he knew was wrong. Usually "I don't think D/S can do that." and people then would jump in and answer the question to "prove him wrong" when they couldn't be bothered to respond to the original person.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Exactly, that's what I observed, and I thought it was ridiculous...but there was a definite pecking order there. In some cases there was bullying. I used to feel so sorry for a guy who called himself CD, I think it was...he was exceptionally talented with facial morphs, which of course got my attention, and it was through following his work that I observed out right bullying going on. That type of thing doesn't set well with me. So, the newbies were bullied, and the exceptionally talented were bullied. The Commons was where most of that stuff went on. The Freepository was fairly safe most of the time, so I made that my home base...until I discovered you guys over in the Commons, doing a FTL contest...and then I stuck around, because you put up with a "newbie" doing crazy animations :)

:bee:

Thank you for answering my questions on everything and especially for the information on The Construct materials! It is very much appreciated! Now the haze files makes sense! I'm going to play with that to see how it works.

Trying to turn Pitterbill into Freddie Mercury this morning and not having much luck. I always love to do series images and now I want to make more rock stars. Anyway, my youngest is up now and so my day starts. Hope you all have a productive and artistic day.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani...hope the haze ring works for you...let us know if it's the right thing.

...and I missed Linda slipping in early this morning....hey Linda :)

...I might catch a little nap early today so that I have some steam for this evening...see you all later on :)

:sleep: