• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I have those times too...hope you're feeling okay this evening. I feel myself slowing down, so I don't expect I'll be 3D-ing all night.

skylab

Esteemed
I was hoping that the military clothing for M3 (links above) would make a good XD outfit for the Nursoda village. The US Ranger is a great outfit, but it loads with M3, the same way James does when he loads with the casual clothing outfit, so I didn't see a way to separate the two. The character would be great for animations, since posing would be less problematic, and there are good, asymmetric controls in the face. Here's a quick render:

M3 US Ranger.jpg

So, I did XD conversions of old M3 military clothing...Desert Soldier and Miltary Mike, so that the Nursoda village would have military wardrobe options.

DOC and HEIN MILITARY.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Linda...haha :) Yep, digging out some oldies for a few chuckles.

I've found that M3 clothing makes a fairly good XD conversion, so I look for whenever M3 outfits end up in free stuff. I was actually going somewhere with the military theme. There was an old product on DAZ years ago, called Army Men Action, that turned M3 Desert Soldier and Military Mike into toy army men (you know, the little plastic green men), like were in the original Toy Story movie. I was going to see if I could do that with Nursoda characters...similar to the chess set project). It will take awhile to replace all the mats, and convert the clothing to as many Nursoda XD characters as I can....we'll see if it works :)

:bee:

Last edited:
Just skimming through this thread for the past couple of days downloading all the goodies. Thank you so much!! I used to work a lot with Nursoda's and Smay's cute little characters. Finding new things for them is always a joy.

skylab

Esteemed
You're certainly welcome...and jump right in and share your renders :) I've been experimenting with Pitterbill face morphs, so hope you found them all...page 328 of this thread is when we got started fairly steady with Nursoda stuff, when Elynda joined :) Again, make yourself at home and part of the gang :) And if I remember correctly, Smay did Gosha...and I've used that character also.

:drawing:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So far I have the Silly Walk, a Bean inspired hoppy thing and a regular walk. I can do a moonwalk though.

skylab

Esteemed
More military stuff...I haven't tested this freebie, but if I'm understanding it correctly, it's the German staff car like was used on Hogan's Heroes.

G4 Offroader

...and a Military Jeep

...WWII Army Wagon

...Army base

...Military Bike

...V4 WWII uniform

...and a rare .obj, The Gates of Auschwitz, and a 3ds version of the camp

...and a base to use for chess pieces, or army men...just scale and parent to the feet :)

...another base

...and another base

...and this was the marble chess table that I used for the Nursoda chess game, if I remember correctly.

...and finally, for Trek fans, some TOS Transporter FX Effects that I've not seen before, newer than what I've been using. Apparently it is a light emission mat for VP's Transporter Effects Prop. Cool :) There's also a TNG Transporter FX version.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh great...so you can use all the new Poser 11 goodies :) I didn't want to keep mentioning them if you couldn't use them....so you and I are on the same page, and Janet is using PP11 also. I'm using Poser Pro 11, Vue 6 Esprit, Carrara Pro 8.5, Hexagon, and Silo Pro 2.5...occasionally DAZ Studio 4.11, and other small utilities to fill in the compatibility gaps :)

I tried importing the Gates of Auschwitz...and as with most models from high end software, it has to be imported into Poser 11 at 10% in order to size within the Construct dome properly. The ominous German phrase across the frame of the entrance is translated "work sets you free".

Auschwitz--Gates.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I grabbed this from an older post of mine, about my favorite P11 goodies:

Thought I'd share how I was getting the darker skies in Poser 11...I like to use materials for the construct dome. My favorites skies are by seachnasaigh called Construct skydome textures, 8192 x 2048, free on ShareCG. It's a large download, but worth the wait :)

I've already mentioned that I use superfly materials for any fire glow or light emissions, and my favorite sets are VB SuperShaders for Poser 11 Superfly and also D3D Superfly Materials. Without these advanced shaders, it would unlikely be possible for me to do any special effects like fire flame in Poser, so just giving credit where it's due :)

TheDuckPond silver and gold metal shaders mentioned in an earlier post, #6914, are for firefly renders.

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Those shaders are nice. Wishlisted until the rest of med bills come in. Hubby had bladder cancer and now they found a mass in his colon today. More surgery for poor guy. Can't catch a break.