• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Cool...we need to add the nightcap to the list. I'm wondering if I need to try to re-post the extensive list of Nursoda freebies in our Free Stuff area. We lost it when Hivewire forum was taken down by hackers years ago. I'd have to test all the links first to make sure they still work. It's nice to have that posted somewhere to refer to, and to give credit to all the content creators. One of the complications now is that the posts cannot be edited after 10 minutes...so I'd have to work fast, and do it right the first time....and pick a time when the forum wasn't busy.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
There's a chair, or stool, that goes with the lamp.

Tentacular Chair

Tentalamp

fon-lamp-chair.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) When Wayii and I posted it the first time, we divided up the characters, and mapped out how many posts it would take to roughly do the list, and reserved blank posts for a little growth, and then tackled it on a slow day on the forum. With the editing feature timed to 10 minutes, it wouldn't be possible to do it that way this time. First step will be my having to check all the links...since some things are not available any more.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Cool...we need to add the nightcap to the list. I'm wondering if I need to try to re-post the extensive list of Nursoda freebies in our Free Stuff area. We lost it when Hivewire forum was taken down by hackers years ago. I'd have to test all the links first to make sure they still work. It's nice to have that posted somewhere to refer to, and to give credit to all the content creators. One of the complications now is that the posts cannot be edited after 10 minutes...so I'd have to work fast, and do it right the first time....and pick a time when the forum wasn't busy.

Why not do it up in a text editor, then copy and paste to the forum? Then you'd only need to make a few changes, perhaps, for formatting and such.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Dana, our minds must have been working together that time. I just had the thought that perhaps I could copy and paste the archived HTML into Open Office, which would preserve the links, and then anything that doesn't test out as being active could be deleted from the Open Office document list...and the final, revised list could be copied and pasted into Nursoda free stuff forum posts. Works in theory...we'll find out later if it works for real...thanks for your input :)

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...we'll give this a test...this is the Doc Pitterbill category in the old Nursoda list...and every link checked out as being functional, so we'll see if this pastes in okay from Open Office, with links and text formatting preserved (drum roll...):

Doctor Pitterbill
Doc Gear
Black Doc Props and Poses Add-On
DrMabusa Scullprop for Dr Pitterbill
Puschen for Doctor Pitterbill
Sandals for Doctor Pitterbill
Sepit Semil Clothing
for Doc
Zylinder for Doctor Pitterbill

Doc Textures
Dr P Blood
Texture for Rocker Billy Pants
Urban Cowboy for Doctor Pitterbill
Xmas Mats for Doc's Clothes

Doc Poses
Doc Band Poses
Faces 1 for Doctor Pitterbill
Faces 2 for Doctor Pitterbill
Nursoda Pose Sets
(includes Doc)

skylab

Esteemed
Yay!! It worked!! I won't have to re-work all those links! Now, only a ga-zillion link checks to go . . .o_O

Have a good evening everyone :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Since Hein was one of the largest categories (Fon, Slon and Vila are the largest, close to two .doc pages each), I feel more confident that the Nursoda Free Stuff list can be re-created without a problem.

Now, I think I'm through circling the airport, so I can come in for a landing...good night all :)

skylab

Esteemed
One more...I forgot to post the Nursoda Hair render that I had posted with the list...it can be helpful when trying to remember how each hair option appears.

NURSODA-HAIR.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'm attaching the zipped HTML of the original Nursoda Free Stuff list from 2014. It's five years old now, so some links will be inactive, but some of you may appreciate having the old list to check on some inactive links, like for example some of Karth's free stuff.

Zipped HTML is attached, without any pic files (was 2 meg, too large for a forum attachment)....so happy hunting.

Good night all :)

Attachments

• NURSODA FREE STUFF - 2014.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 141

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dana, our minds must have been working together that time. I just had the thought that perhaps I could copy and paste the archived HTML into Open Office, which would preserve the links, and then anything that doesn't test out as being active could be deleted from the Open Office document list...and the final, revised list could be copied and pasted into Nursoda free stuff forum posts. Works in theory...we'll find out later if it works for real...thanks for your input :)

Glad to help! And glad it worked! I'll have to come back to this some time later. I have Hein. I don't have a lot for him, but I have the Santa outfit, and maybe one or two other things. Freebies are good.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, here's a tango dance animation rig test on YouTube:

...and a Michael Jackson 3D facial rig test:

...and the shoulders:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Kinect - that was it! I wonder if you can still get it to work.

What do you need help with keyframes with? They are really simple. For every frame of an animation there is a keyframe. Every figure has a body part that goes to that frame. So if you want to change something on the thigh, expand the figure so you can see all the parts, click on thigh go over to the frame in question, use properties to make changes. When I use keyframes the most is when something say a tail is coming out jagged. Then I go in and see what's in the tail parts. Having green boxes on a lot of frames in a row usually causes the jaggedness so I delete a bunch of them then fix in the properties. If I want to create a 3x motion I add frames to every frame in there so that every body part has a green box on every frame. Then separate out the frames, pull them apart so there's two blank ones in between the green ones. Then look at the result and make lots of tweaks.

Not sure what the graphs are but I never use them. When I finish rendering this movie I'll take a look at those.

skylab

Esteemed
I need to sit down with the Character Animation for Poser book and get a very thorough understanding of the keyframe process. Time for the old dog to learn a few new tricks :)

SLON SWING.gif