• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay so I took some screenshots of keyframes. This is the figure expanded to show all the body parts. Click on the arrow next to the body part to expand that too. 1 is the body part, 2 shows the frame selected it's a bit lighter green. 3 shows what frame you are in. 4 shows the properties of it. If you are wondering about those wavy line things in the upper right hand corner here's a thread that covers them: Spline vs Linear

I never use those.

4.2.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From the description in that thread it doesn't sound like spline vs linear is helpful at all. I mean you can just add keyframes to make a head nod without them and it will work fine. I might play with them later though.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow! That tango is really good!
Whomever created that video has a lot of knowledge of competition level Argentine Tango, because those moves were perfect!! I've seen professionals at dance competitions who dance it in the same manner.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Whomever created that video has a lot of knowledge of competition level Argentine Tango, because those moves were perfect!! I've seen professionals at dance competitions who dance it in the same manner.

I just did a search for Kinect and found a video of it doing motion capture. Those figures look a lot like the default box figure that comes with it. Yes, it's very good!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The only way I've heard of animals being motion captured was with a board of tiny tiny lights and they had a horse trot in front of the board. When the lights were covered up by the horse or its legs that is how it calculated the motion. Then I met someone that worked with motion capture for gaming and said you could do it for animals if you were really really creative.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sigh . . . it's when I'm rendering really long movies that I wish I had a second computer. Geez, a few years ago a movie took four days! to render. These are taking between 16 and 6 hours but I want to play in Poser at the same time.

skylab

Esteemed
That's why I try to keep at least two functional workstations, for those times when one is endlessly rendering. At least I can work on poses on the second workstation. I spent this morning loading up my old Win7 in the kitchen for this purpose, since the Win10 is shot. I have Poser Pro 2014 loaded on the Win7, which will be fine for pose work, and it's totally offline, so Microsoft can't devour it...haha. If I order a replacement for the Win10 later, I'll try to get more juice next time, so that it will do OpenGL, and have extra ram for processing. But for now, I'll use the old Win7.

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I go through a laptop once a year. The old ones end up at my son's houses. He fixes them up so they work again.

skylab

Esteemed
That poor Win10 lasted two months...that's a bit extreme. If it weren't for Poser Pro 11 needing to call back to the mothership to stay activated, I'd keep the drive offline, after what I've just gone through. I could use one of the old drives for doing email and the forum....I used to be concerned about having security updates for online safety...but, there's no malicious virus any more destructive than Microsoft, so what's the difference.

Time for my afternoon nap...see you folks later :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
I won't go through the long story again...I first mentioned it on page 336 of this thread, post #6718:
SKYLAB CHAT (near bottom of the page)

...and more discussion on page 338:
SKYLAB CHAT (middle of the page)

I just ordered and set the drive up in April. Here it is June, and it won't reboot. Updates take hours, and I'm so fed up with it...so I've cut off the updates on my best workstation.

:unsure:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So it was the updates? My son is really good with computers. If you can describe the problem in 25 words or less I can ask him. He actually helped Ken1171 from here fix his computer.

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, in case you're doing a Doc moonwalk :)

Zip is attached to this post of the face morph/pose. I used the woman mats that Nursoda has in the texture folder, and just changed the diffuse color to a light beige. The hair is SAV Aram, and the outfit is Nursoda's Black Doc freebie.

DOC MJ.jpg

DOC MJ2.jpg

Attachments

• DOC MJ.zip
    176.6 KB · Views: 131