• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my Linda, I'm so sorry you're going through round two. I have a close friend who is finally in remission with colon cancer that had spread a little to the liver. Just hold on...and hang in there...I understand some of what you're going through. When I was going through it, I felt the need to just laugh...so I watched comedies a lot, to keep from getting bluesy. In my case, the side effects of the treatments caused depression...and I didn't need any help with that, I could conjure that up all by myself with my imagination. So there was a certain amount of having to fight it.

...and we'll focus on freebies until this issue is over for you :)

:flower02:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
I'll be praying for him, and you...not meaning to be offensive. Folks have a way of fleeing like roaches from the flip of a light switch when God is mentioned these days, but seriously, I clung to my faith during what seemed like an impossible situation. It supplied the peace that I needed for my mind as I spent time recalling times past when difficult situations worked out. And the rest was just the discipline to not wander in my thoughts, and dwell on potential negative outcomes. So much is determined by our thoughts and words. I got so I wouldn't give myself the time for wandering thoughts...so that's where watching comedies helped settle the issue, and disarm worry. I consider you a cherished friend, so yes, I'll call out to my Best Friend in prayer for your situation....physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh good...whew....always a bit of a risk bringing it up, but it's like trying to put out a fire in a burning building without water. Maybe I'll send you a Hivewire forum PM so that I can give you my email address, in case you need it. If I can get one sent to you, you'll see a red alert for it on the main forum page. Let's see if it works :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh...haha...that would be a fun character too...those out of control lips everywhere...haha. Sometimes you have to fiddle with the dials a lot...like I was telling Janet, to get Doc's ears to not stick out, you have to adjust something called "ear sail"....I thought, what's an ear sail? So sometimes you have to just try it :)

Will be back on shortly, moving back to my workstation now :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I always try to find 3D model pics of the character I'm working on, if possible, especially if it's a caricature...helps to see the most prominent features.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Not sure if this looks more like Mr. Bean or George Stephanopoulos. haha
Bean or George.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, they are really good, aren't they. I'm using the one where the guy is painting his face, trying to see what I can do with it. Here's progress so far...just got started.

mick-wip.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Those shaders are nice. Wishlisted until the rest of med bills come in. Hubby had bladder cancer and now they found a mass in his colon today. More surgery for poor guy. Can't catch a break.
I hope all goes smoothly for you guys and he recovers fully.