• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hopefully the above videos will be helpful to Janet as well, as she ponders how to go about Poser rigging Forester's boat. Some of the videos just have brief clips that might be helpful. Most of them are six or seven minutes long. I needed to see the rowing videos before I can even think of doing poses. This is as foreign to me as rodeo roping was...but with good references, maybe we can pull it off :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Forester's first version of the boat has been uploaded at Rendo. She intends to do a "sail up" version for shore renders or animations, and a "sail at half mast" version for dealing with stormy winds. She's named the boat after Clark Cook who created the original version for me to use in Vue...and it's at this download page:

COOK'S KINNERET BOAT MODEL - FULL SAIL VERSION

COOK KINNERET BY FORESTER.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I could just jump up and shout all over the place this morning. While mourning the loss of all my Vue programs and updates, the thought occurred to me that maybe there was a point at which Vue software didn't require calling back to the mothership in order to function. So I dug out (had to search for it) and tried installing my oldest version...Vue 6 Esprit from 12 years ago...on Windows 10...and it works!!!! Everything newer than it is beyond salvaging. Vue 6 Esprit is what I used to create the above render of Clark's boat. I still am not sure about whether certain .vob scene files will work, since e-on would "register" the scene file to the latest version of Vue, and I had progressed to Vue 9. I'll deal with all that later. I'm just happy to get the rendering of landscapes and water scenes back. Woo hoo!!!!

It's approaching my nap time...hope it won't be a wide-eyed nap, since I'm still in a state of shock over the old software working in Windows 10 :)

:snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) Coming up for air briefly, just to say that I'm running a ga-zillion light and materials tests on the night scene with Forester's boat. It was well received by the way, with 88 downloads the first day, and continuing to climb. I'll probably wait for the half mast or "sail up" version of the boat for the actual final render of this scene, since the sail casts unwanted shadows where some light is necessary. But even in low light, the detailing in the boat is obvious, really cool. I'll probably rough out the poses for two or three more boat passengers in a simple, well-lighted scene, save out the poses, and then apply them to characters in the stormy night scene. I'll be doing several sets....a couple of night scenes, fishing scenes, and just traveling in the boat, plus a teaching near the shore scene. So, I want to work the wrinkles out of the lighting and water planes as a first step. In Poser I have to do the work....in Vue 6 Esprit, it does the work for you. Anyway, here's one of many test renders from early hours this morning.

kinneret-decision-render4.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Where does Forester have it for download? I'm assuming ShareCG, but just want to be sure.

skylab

Esteemed
Forester's first version of the boat has been uploaded at Rendo. She intends to do a "sail up" version for shore renders or animations, and a "sail at half mast" version for dealing with stormy winds. She's named the boat after Clark Cook who created the original version for me to use in Vue...and it's at this download page:

COOK'S KINNERET BOAT MODEL - FULL SAIL VERSION

Be sure to read Forester's very thorough ReadMe included with the download.
(The link was near the top of this page, post 6463)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
You're welcome Miss B :) Hey Terre :) Forester is being very helpful with the technical part of the project, which helps a lot. She's done such a great job, I'm really trying to get the scene as best as I can for this particular pose set promo. The other sets may not take as long since I won't be dealing with "a dark and stormy night" :)

It's worth mentioning, if there are any Vue users, or those who regularly work with .obj files in 3D software, I see where Forester has several of Clark Cook's boats uploaded at her store page. Her newer work is in .obj format.

skylab

Esteemed
Have reached a stopping place for now, until Forester gets the storm version of the boat completed. Getting the waves, lights, and general scene positioning has been quite a challenge. The poses are in rough stages, and will be tweaked once the storm version of the boat is positioned in the scene (including handling of the oars). My eyes will get a chance to rest and be ready for the next stage...my guess would be maybe mid or early next week. Until then, here's the unfinished progress so far :)

KINNERET BOAT - THE DECISION 2019 wip.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the same yRotate scene maneuver, rendered in 10 frames to keep the file size down, enough to give at least a hint of wave action. I didn't want to take time to parent all the fishermen to the boat, since the boat will be switched out for a sail half mast version later...but if they were parented, there could more action in the boat itself, and the passengers would follow whatever action was applied.

KINNERET BOAT - FISHING animation ver2.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Andy's playing with the drones again . . .

DRONES night flight with Andy animation.gif

I just heard from Forester and she's completed the sails up version of the boat, so tomorrow I'll start on the pose set project again :) Another night's rest for the eyes will help things go so much smoother for tweaking the night boat scene.

Have a good evening everyone :sleep: