• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Sounds good...I'll be ready to test them for you when you get them completed. Check your email...I sent you a few of my character morphs...I hope they saved correctly :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, I'll be sending you some stuff by email shortly :)
Here's Pitterbill Spock, animated.

PITTERBILL-SPOCK-2019-ANI.gif

PITTERBILL-SPOCK-2019.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks everyone :) As soon as I've gotten some issues with it straight, I'll upload the Spock pose/morph to this thread as a gift for our gang here...that is, in its original state, when I saved the pose, Pitterbill Spock would automatically also be in the salute position. After doing the animation, I'll have a seated Spock "salute" pose and a seated normally pose. Next I'll work on a standing Spock "salute" and a standing normally pose. I'll have to do it this way since I don't yet have the ability to edit the Poser files associated with the poses. I bet Seliah would know how to fix this, since she's done a ga-zillion zeroed hand poses for various figures that have been a valuable tool in speeding up the work process. So that's what's needed, some way to just apply the Spock head and the Spock Vulcan salute independently...then they could work in combination with any body pose, seated or standing. But if there isn't a way to do this, then I'll have the standing poses done maybe by tomorrow, and will zip them and upload them to this thread. Consider it a special "Live long and prosper" gift to those who still appreciate Nursoda's characters.

Have a good evening everyone :)

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Just after the holidays I saw an article in the news where little child on the Mexico side of the border had wanted some art supplies for Christmas, and she got the idea of attaching her request to a balloon and allowing it to fly over the wall to the US side, and some man saw the balloon, read the request, and got the art supplies to her. It was a cute story....and I remember saying at the time, if a little child can figure that out, what gives us the idea that a wall can stop people who want to break the law. Well sure enough, I just read this article in the news, where someone (the pilot escaped) flying a light, single seated aircraft over the border, was carrying a half million worth of drugs. Here's the article: Border Meth and Fentanyl Bust

aircraft.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Forester is making great progress on the 1st century fishing boat. She decided that she wanted to totally build a new one. Clark's original boat has been recovered and I can use it in Poser, but after working with it awhile, and reading a book about the excavation, she thought she had a better feel for how it would have appeared new based on the materials described, that is, cedar wood. So here's a peek at the progress she's made so far, and she's included a temporary scaling man on board to help me get oriented when making pose sets :)

FORESTER NEW BOAT 2.jpg

FORESTER NEW BOAT 3.jpg

FORESTER-NEW-BOAT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go...I've zipped all the Doc Spock poses, animated pose, and a text file with links to the Trek freebies, and attached the zip to this post. Have fun with it, and it would be nice to see what you create with it.

It of course requires Dr. Pitterbill by Nursoda, which happens to be on sale until the end of the month. The uniform was a CrossDresser conversion of the Space Fleet Uniform for M4, also on sale. CrossDresser for Dr. Pitterbill is on this page, and the free CrossDresser program is here.

Freebies used include Spock Hair for M4, and Ptrope's 23rd Century Bridge, and Starfleet Chair or TOS Captain's Chair.

...and the zipped poses are attached to this post :) And now...I'm boldly going, at warp speed, to get some rest :sleep:

PITTERBILL-SPOCK-2019.jpg

Attachments

• DOC SPOCK.zip
    280.7 KB · Views: 258

skylab

Esteemed
This is not a new freebie, but I had no encountered it before. It's a Kong morph for the Genesis Gorilla.

I just realized this weekend that I actually did do my first animations in DAZ Studio. I know I used the presets called aniBlocks to create some dancing Slons, but I discovered that the first Bong animations were done in a very old version of DAZ Studio. Bong was my first Nursoda character. The white rabbit on the motorcycle was my first Poser animation. But apparently below was one of the first original animations from DAZ Studio, a guitar-playing Bong. I don't remember the year (it would have been something like 2007 probably), but I remember how, and why, it was done. In my younger, guitar playing days, I always had a habit of, when seated, keeping time with one foot, and double time with the other for more detailed timing...and I was trying to recreate that in a character animation...so I chose to do this with Bong :) Perhaps I can recreate this now using Poser, in order to save out the action as a Poser animation file. The original version of DAZ Studio had a timeline running along the bottom of the software, similar to Poser...and I just taught myself animation using that timeline...and when I shifted to Poser, I continued to do it that way.

Anyway, in between beta testing Janet's projects, and creating pose sets to go with Forester's 1st Century Boat, I'll be working on old scene files, to create animated poses where possible. And this was how I discovered that Bong was actually done in a now obsolete version of Studio software. Hopefully I can get a little better control of the "Rocker Hair" on Bong :) When one is learning, you have to just start somewhere, and learn to ignore the imperfections :)

Bong Guitar.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Forester is putting the finishing touches on some of the materials on the 1st Century Boat. I especially liked one of the renders that she just sent by email so I'll post it here so others can see it. She's really gone above and beyond excellence on this project. This reminds me of how overwhelmed I felt when Mark Fowler surprised me with such a realistic Last Supper and crucifixion set. Now Forester has done it again with the Galilee boat project. It makes me wonder how will I ever rise to that level of quality when using it...but, like always, I'll boldly go, and trust for the rest :)

FinalFullSail_Pic7.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Forester is finishing up the full sail version of the boat, and will be starting on the "sail up" version next. She is also planning to include some accessories with the boat...separate .obj oars and rudders, fishing baskets, a stone jetty and water plane, and the reference "scaling man" as a separate .obj to keep things true to scale in the 28 foot boat. She intends to offer this boat as a free download on Rendo...and as soon as she uploads the first version of the boat, I'll include a link here so that you all will be the first to know. As you may have guessed by now, my intention is to create biblical story pose sets, which could also be used for general fishing and nautical scenes.

Below is a side by side of the solid .obj boat that I used for reference, and the separate .obj boat that was just completed this afternoon. We're hoping that with Janet's help, perhaps a few morphs in the sail will allow for at least the impression of movement, and maybe she will be able to parent and rig certain parts that are separate .obj. We won't know until we try on that part.

I'll be leaning upon Forester for some advice as to who would typically go where so that the pose sets will be accurate....like how the rudders were operated, how many oars, and where they'd be located, and where would the men stand, especially in rough water.

Forester used the book about the boat's excavation by Shelly Wachsmann as a modeling reference. If I remember correctly, she created it using Maya, and she did mention that she was avoiding tri-modeling because we'd be using it in Poser.

Here's a side by side quick render in Poser of the progress.

FORESTER - CORRECTED BOATS SIDE BY SIDE - NOTES.jpg

FORESTER - CORRECTED BOATS SIDE BY SIDE.jpg

These are Forester's close-up renders, which provide a good view of the interior of the boat, and details of the materials:

FinalFullSail_Pic4.jpg

FinalFullSail_Pic6.jpg

FinalFullSail_Pic1.jpg

Example of the beach and stone jetty that Forester will include in the boat project:

One.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
This is to make sure I've got both oars in the water :sneaky:
The videos below are similar to a video journal in brief segments filmed by a group who built and sailed a Viking ship. Great for getting the feel of how a relatively small ship is affected by storm waves, and how the crew handles the lines. This is a much larger boat than Forester's model of the Galilee boat.