• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
That pose was kinda fun to do...way out of my comfort zone...haha. I only regretted not having the proper gear for the horse...the ropes, instead of bridle, and the different saddle, but I tried to put all that out of my mind and concentrate on the scene itself, since that's really my only function and purpose in pose work. I'm reviewing reference photos for the next rodeo set...there were many more good barrel racing photos than good, clear rodeo riding photos...at least what I've found so far. I may have to refer to still shots from videos. So if there's a pause in the project, it will be due to finding the right references in order to continue.

The poses have been fairly well received on ShareCG...maybe not as much as M4 and the Mil Horse. Doing freebies is different from commercial work, since you don't have the advantage of advertising and promotion. However, if I see 25 downloads on the first day of a release, that's usually an indicator that it will do well over the long run...as much as 60 to 90 within a year, since the poses serve as an advertisement for the product represented...as more people obtain the product, more poses are downloaded. That's what I'm hoping to accomplish with all this, since Hivewire took such a hard hit this year with the forum and store being down, I'd like to contribute something toward the recovery of some of their losses. Hope it helps, and hope it will be a little fun in the process :)

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the Crossdresser conversion for Dawn of Poserworld V3 Cowgirl shirt and M2 His and Her Jeans. The larger legs of the jeans work nicely with Dawn's western boots.

DAWN V3 COWGIRL.jpg

Terre

Renowned
That did come out well.

Miss B? See that shirt? Now apply our previous talk about fringes to it. The back side of that top section will have fringes in a show costume too as well and the front often does as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes Terre, that's pretty much what I was picturing when you mentioned it earlier.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Working on the last Dusk rodeo pose...and multi-tasking doing laundry, watching House MD, and fixing dinner, all at the same time....two heads and four arms would sure help along about now o_O

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm never ready for a deep freeze, but working out at the gym will keep me warm for a while. ;)

Of course, I may have to drag out the afore-mentioned Shearling coat, boots and mittens. :D

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre...yep, thought we were going to get through this winter without severe temps...oh well, wrong...