• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Actually it's most often the case, circling the airport, waiting for the landing. The only time I flop is after total exhaustion...then I can fall asleep with one shoe still on, or such...haha.

I think the pose will work with default Harry, and that's mostly what I need to know...whether to indicate that it is a mustang only pose, or if it will also work on default Harry. Wish there was a way to shorten the neck...positioning it forward makes the problem more obvious :confused:

I'll try one more time around the airport...have a good evening :)

skylab

Esteemed
Message for Terre: While I was searching for a horseshoe this morning (found one by the way), ran across a gnome horse morph for the Mil Horse, called Wizzle. I know that Suro was looking for something like this when I was working on the Hein Brave character. So pass this on to her, she might someday be interested. Here's what Wizzle looks like with Hein....you still have to scale him back about 50% because Hein is so small, but he has the stocky big feet that goes well with dwarf characters. The only challenge was the saddle and reins....you have to scale them back, and fit manually. And yes, I'm playing some this morning, as I needed a little fun and comic relief :)

HEIN with WIZZLE.jpg

HEIN RIDING WIZZLE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I was looking for the horseshoe in case I ever wanted to do a Ms. EDna character...just fooling around trying to learn the HH controls :)

MS EDNA.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'm taking a break this evening to do cooking and take care of the fishy tank. Terre, wanted to ask, do you have the Hivewire horse? I'm thinking that I'll probably release both the galloping poses, extended neck, and the one that's more erect, since it will I think work better with the default Harry. I haven't gotten response back from anyone to test the pose, so I may be on my own to guess which way to go with it. But tonight I'm roasting a bird, and doing real life stuff, and will continue the project this weekend. :)

Terre

Renowned
No, I don't have him yet. At this point I'm enjoying seeing what you guys are doing and haven't opened Poser in a very long time.

I put the pose on base harry and it worked fine. I also injected all the other morphs I have (unicorn, fresian, draft, quarter horse) and dialed them up to 1.o and the pose still looked fine. When the foal shape was injected as a morph it caused some issues with the front knee joint that seemed to be unpredictable as in sometimes it showed up and sometimes it did not. Based on this I would say the pose should not be used with the foal shape injected as a morph. If you just loaded the foal as a figure I did not see an issue with the knee joint. The pose itself looked kind of funny with some of the breeds but the only issue that showed up with the mesh was when the foal morph was injected.

Base Hivewire Horse
gallop.jpg

Hivewire Horse that had foal shape injected as a morph. Foal morph was dialed to 1.0 and then reset to 0.0 and the issue showed up with the knee joint.
gallop knee issue.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thank you SO much for taking time to test the pose. It sounds like you got the same kind of "sometimes" results that I was getting. That made me almost suspect Poser 11. And yes, the pose does look odd with default Harry, the neck is just too long and too far forward, so I'm going to also release the original one that was adjusted to be like the reference photograph. Thank you Dragonsegg for your input, I really appreciate it :)

Terre

Renowned
I think releasing all with notes on which works best with which version of Harry is a great idea.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with Terre. That's what ReadMe files are usually used for, aside from the usual file list, of course.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) I've paused to give some thought as to how to proceed with this project. My experience in the past is that folks often don't read information files, and it has also not been effective to post the information on the ShareCG download page, as people will ask in the comments section questions that would be very simply answered in the page download info section. So I think the answer is....cut short the number of poses I'd planned to do for Harry, as there will be a lot of extra work for me to keep testing back and forth on different workstations, and regarding the neck forward galloping pose, I think the answer is to return to the original neck erect pose, like the reference photo, eliminating the confusion between what will and won't work with default Harry...otherwise, it's too easy for the one creating the poses to absorb the blame for it not working. I'll do the galloping and barrel turn poses for Harry, then switch and do the rest of the project using the Mil Horse. I think this will be a compromise that I can live with in terms of time commitment. The suggestion was made that poses are generally used as starter poses anyway, so it will be a lot easier for people to lower Harry's head for the gallop than for them to figure out why he looks like a brontosaurus with holes in his knees...haha. The "Mustang logo" appearance can only be achieved through morphs, and some effort on the part of the individual user, since apparently it's breaking the mesh randomly when attempting to share it simply through a pose I decided it was time to slow down and really give some thought to this, and it seems this will be a suitable compromise, as I had planned to do a few Mil Horse poses anyway.

Had to go out on errands today, and did some more cooking for the weekend this evening, so guess it's time for me to get some rest. Have a good evening everyone :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've sometimes taken things for granted, but if it's not working the way I think it should, the first thing I look at (unless there's an actual tutorial included), is the ReadMe file to see what specific notes, if any, I need to get what I want accomplished.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, the barrel race galloping pose is completed, and so far has tested okay with default Harry. I didn't attempt to include any body morphs in this pose. Any body shaping for a more western appearance will be up to the user.

HIVEWIRE HORSE - TURN N BURN 1

DAWN HH BARREL RACING GALLOP.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Any body shaping for a more western appearance will be up to the user.

That's how I distribute my poses also, Sky. I build all of my Harry poses on his default shape. The end user is responsible for adjusting them to suit whatever body shape/morphs they want to use.

I like that pose, though. Looks good. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Seliah...I decided to take your advice, especially when I started experiencing problems. One weird thing that kept happening while working on the scene.....the bridle would fly up in the air, leaving Harry altogether. I remember seeing somewhere on RDNA about a Windows update causing havoc with Poser 11 for some...who knows. This project has been a challenge :) I decided to get my rest during the day yesterday, and give myself time during the quiet evening hours, away from the phone and interruptions, to get this done.

Here's the second pose, the right turn. Both Dawn and Harry will need to be rotated side-to-side toward the right between 25 and 28 degrees. This free metal barrel was used in the scene.

HIVEWIRE HORSE - TURN N BURN 2

DAWN HH BARREL TURN RIGHT.jpg