• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Though the Fiat seems to be the best available rigged substitute model, technically Mr Bean's car was a 1977 Mini MK IV and the blue three-wheeled car was a 1972 Reliant Regal Supervan III. Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking that DAZ used to have a Mini Cooper but so far I've not found it. ShareCG is down for maintenance until Saturday night. Someone created a 3DS Max model of Bean's car including the door padlock, which shows how it was made.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I've not seen this particular episode, but I will certainly try to track it down...haha. I assume he's driving the car while seated in a recliner on top of the car...maybe the mop serves some purpose in order to accomplish this...haha :) After getting a good chuckle, we can see that the car leans toward being a yellowish lime green with a black hood, and apparently SLW287R is always his license plate number.

bean---car.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Rats, I think you're right...I'm not finding it. They have a few models that were available around the same time, but many appear to have been eliminated. I have the Eu VW, but not the Mini. The materials on the car could have been changed to the right color using car paint mats. Oh well....chalk it up to another unfortunate casualty of so-called marketing progress. Oh well, off to YouTube to try to find which episode has the recliner scene :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
This is so funny...turns out he was buying the new chair on sale, and it was the only way of getting it home. The mop is for the accelerator...haha :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's one of my two favorite episodes!

Yah I looked to see if there was an artist name on the product but I didn't see one. Figured you could contact them directly.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, the whole episode is quite involved...he ends up doing DIY projects, destroying more than he fixes...haha.

I think the car was part of an Alberto Russo series of vehicles that was there when I first started doing 3D. I decided to attempt to contact DAZ support to see if they could help with any information. They still have some of his cars in their store, but the classic stuff seems to have disappeared. I can't believe they removed the old muscle cars, though the 1968 Nova is still available.

skylab

Esteemed
It's a Neftis product, a little pricey if not on sale, called Ceazarius Short Hair. There may be a better choice somewhere....most of my human model projects require long hair, or historical hair, so I just picked the shortest thing I had in my runtime and went with it. Maybe one of the Trek hair from the TOS collection would be okay...like maybe Scotty hair, or Sulu...worth a try.

I think I forgot to post this link to free Mini models in various formats:
DMI Car 3D Models - MINI Cooper 3d model free

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
TruForm actually had one of those 70% off sales yesterday (Saturday). I didn't see anything I wanted, which I didn't already have, but the prices were pretty good.

skylab

Esteemed
Right, it was all day yesterday, until midnight. I was able to catch up with a lot of stuff I missed while I was taking a medical break from 3D...and with fully rigged vehicles at $3.60 each, I was able to come away with a parking lot full, plus a bag of hamburgers :)

:bee: