• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here are a couple of test renders from yesterday's (or last night's) cars that were on sale...a more modern, left-side driver, yellow Mini, and a little blue Smart Car for Bean to push around :) I used Schurby's car paint and chrome mats to brighten them up. The roof of the Mini can be made yellow, as well as the trim, so lots of options. Same with the blue Smart Car.

MINI YELLOW AND BLACK with SHURBY MATS - EXTERIOR.jpg

MINI YELLOW AND BLACK with SHURBY MATS - INTERIOR.jpg

TINY SMART CAR EXTERIOR.jpg

TINY SMART CAR INTERIOR.jpg

Terre

Renowned
I've seen one of those powered shoe boxes in town. There was also something even smaller one day. I haven't seen that one again.

skylab

Esteemed
Every time I see one on the street I'm amazed that the driver is brave enough to navigate alongside tractor trailers and four-wheel drive trucks. You'd truly just be a splat spot on the road if somebody hit one of those cars. I think they are cute, and if all cars were that size, I'd be more enthusiastic about driving one. However, some vehicles are just getting bigger and more expensive...they are more like rolling internet cafes than cars, and it's no wonder car prices (and insurance) are going through the roof because of it. I wish everyone would be willing to dial it back, and go back to smaller vehicles...then car prices, insurance, and gas would automatically begin to drop. But these days things have changed...folks are using vehicles as either weapons to drive into crowds or express road rage, or those who are driving defensively feel the need for over-sized SUV tanks in order to be safe. Gas was 35 cents a gallon when I bought my first car....but I don't think we'll see that price again.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Isn't he a hoot...haha. I had a German Shepherd named Buddy, and he sang like that, but never once did he play the piano :)

:snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I've been fighting for the last hour trying to get that 3ds Mini to import into Poser...parts of it are not showing. I loaded it into Carrara to re-save it to .obj, carefully selecting all parts of the original 3ds, but it still loaded into Poser with a fender missing, plus other stuff...so just mentioning it in case anyone else has the same problem. Birdman uses Rhino to do his models. Never had this happen before...his Redneck Houseboat worked fine...in fact, I was able to take it into Carrara to make alterations, and it saved out just fine. So if anybody has a solution, I'd love to hear it, just out of curiosity...haha :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Had the same issue with the tow truck...it was not entirely visible in preview, but I picked through the materials manually, guessing where some things might be since they were only numerically named, and eventually the entire truck was showing, with mats replaced. I like the slogan on this one :)

towtruck--preview.jpg

tow-truck-Birdman.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here's Bean in his first Mini that was orange, that he apparently wrecked in an early episode, and afterward he always drove the yellow Mini with the black hood.

skylab

Esteemed
This is funny :) This guy has a Reliant (like the blue car in Bean shows), and he keeps wrecking it, especially on hills and turns...haha.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is funny :) This guy has a Reliant (like the blue car in Bean shows), and he keeps wrecking it, especially on hills and turns...haha.

Is that Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear? I know they did an episode with a three wheeled car.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...I just woke up, so I hope my fingers will type responsibly :) Yes, on the YouTube page it mentions the name Jeremy and Top Gear. I fell asleep snickering last night, remembering what I'd seen in that video of that man with the car on its side...you get the full effect...with the sound of the crash and the view from inside. It was like he was in a metal lunchbox (remember those?)...hahaha. After seeing the video I realized that Bean was poking fun at the car that was so popular in northern UK during the 1970's, and it was somewhat of a Sheffield joke with so many Reliant crashes announced on the nightly news. Apparently people didn't have to have a license in order to drive them, so they were taking the chance and getting on the road with them....thus Bean's disdain of the car...haha. Similar to the way people looked down on the Pinto and Chevy Vega in this country along the same time (I loved my hatchback Pinto by the way...it was great for transporting band instruments, mics and amps).

Here's another Jeremy video...they are playing a soccer game with those cars...haha:

The needed to load a little weight in the back of those cars...haha!

Last edited: