• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Windows 10 has a simple app called 3D Paint with some preset basic shapes, one of which is a fish. So, this was an attempt at saving the fish in FBX format, and in this case, importing it to Carrara to save in multiple formats, and then finally importing it to Poser 11 and applying a Superfly mat.

win10-fish-superfly.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've seen that app when browsing through the tiles. I figured it isn't as useful as DS or Silo or Hexagon. It might be fun, though.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, too bad it isn't a serious modeler...just there for fun mostly, and I was curious about the saving formats...only .fbx was familiar so I wondered if it was possible to even pass something to other 3D programs....thus the little fish experiment :) Somewhere in the back of my mind I was thinking that Windows 10 was supposed to have some 3D capabilities beyond the basic...I remember seeing something about it before Windows 10 was released...but so far I've not found any hint of it. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for....I think it was associated with gaming capabilities, as in playing a room-sized game in 3D space...like this War Chess game, only virtual holograms room-sized. (Hint: It's good to know that the hooded character with the snake gets it in the end...haha)

War Chess

1992 version of Battle Chess

skylab

Esteemed
If anyone is interested, there's a limited time PD Howler 2019 Lite version free give-away. This page gives a description of the limited features of the Lite version. When installing, be alert to decline at the prompt for Shareware offers, and then the installation of the program will continue without any ads, and you can also opt to save the installation file to your Downloads folder near the end of installation, for future use....no registration code is required. Link to download page for Howler Lite 2019 is here.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Haha :) I had to look high and low before I finally found the peanut butter...ended up being in my old Poserworld collection. And the first version of the render is attached...has only the mother, but then I thought it might be funnier to make it a family picnic lunch :)

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
If anyone is interested in having a decent multi-track video editor, CyberLink PowerDirector 16 is being given away free for a limited time by the same company that recently offered PD Howler 2019. As with the Howler offer, you get a downloader which acts as an installer (be sure to decline the shareware ad offers), and an option to save the program installation file in your downloads folder. It's approximately a 665 meg download. Free giveaway ends tomorrow.

There are numerous PowerDirector tutorials on YouTube.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Haha :) You can count on me to add an unexpected twist to things :) You know how you collect free props, no matter what they are...and that Pogo stick was from DAZ a long time ago...so finally, I got a chance to use it...haha.

I've been problem solving with my computer audio today. Refurbished ex-office hard drives sometimes have pretty good integrated audio, sometimes not. This time I actually ended up with DVD burner drives and nice graphics, but the audio was not such a much...more like AM radio. Long story short, I didn't want to have to open the case and install a card, though I've done it many times back in the day. I had WAV Blaster (SoundBlaster+) in an old 386 back when it was unheard of....and I was thinking, it sure would be nice to get a SoundBlaster card with plug and play capability...and sure enough, they make them. It's called SoundBlaster Play 3...and it actually works right out of the box with no drivers, but downloading and installing the software from the Creative website results in control not only of volume, but a nice equalizer as well (not all USB audio cards have accompanying software controls). So now I don't have to hold my breath in order to be able to hear YouTube, or listen to music. I think this USB audio card was designed for laptops, to give them a little more punch. Just thought I'd share the info in case anyone ever needs it :)

Terre

Renowned
This story strikes a chord with me. My freshman year in HS was almost all spent spending lunch alone. About two weeks before the end of the school year a girl came up to me and introduced herself. She said that she was a senior and had noticed me always being by myself and invited me to join she and her friends. I was too shy to do much talking but I really appreciated her gesture and have always hoped that her life is going well.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) The transition between junior high and high school can be a real obstacle, especially for folks who happen to be in school situations where the two are separated from much contact...so consequently the freshman year can be a real challenge. For me it hit more during the sophomore year, when I had to change schools due to my parents' separation the previous summer. Though I tended to also be quiet (believe it or not...haha), my creative tendencies had a way of opening doors with people, sometimes much to my dismay, since it frustrated my quiet, hermit ways. For example, the first week that I was at the new school, I had one of the most popular girls in the school walk up to me, stick her nose right on my nose (which was a huge personal space issue for me), and said in a loud, confident voice "hi, my name is _______, I hear that you play the guitar....I play guitar too, so you and I are going to be friends!"....and then strutted off, leaving me wondering what had just happened. Well, sure enough, we did become friends. As it turned out, her parents had just been through a divorce too, and she happened to be actively involved in the youth ministry at her church, and she was frequently in drama team projects. She was selected to play Lucy in a Peanuts play...and she always jokingly admitted that it was because she really did have Lucy's personality. So anyway, it was her involvement in youth ministry, that was how I so quickly appeared on her radar. I spoke very little during the first year of our friendship, but then I didn't need to....she could talk like a radio...haha. She was the one who talked me into traveling with a gospel group during and after high school. One cure for shyness is to have close friends who are not shy at all...haha.

:wow: :snoopydances:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Haha :) You can count on me to add an unexpected twist to things :) You know how you collect free props, no matter what they are...and that Pogo stick was from DAZ a long time ago...so finally, I got a chance to use it...haha.

I could swear I had that pogo stick, but it's not in my Product Library. Must have been before they put everything through the cart. I may still have it somewhere. I have a bunch of stuff that was freebies. But I don't know if those old installers will work anymore.

Dana