• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, received your email, and sent you a reply...with some goodies to play with...have fun :)

Have a good afternoon everyone...see you all later on :sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Having fun with the whitetail deer :)

Whitetail Deer.jpg

Hivewire Whitetail Deer.jpg

Hivewire Whitetail Deer - PDHowler.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I've always had a way with critters (just speak softly and refrain from sudden moves)...we had a surprise visitor at this picnic lunch many years ago....she loved peanut butter sandwiches too :)

DEER1.jpg

DEER2.jpg

I need to play with the settings on the whitetail deer...I wanted to get the slender neck as is typical, especially with the young, but I haven't seen how to get that appearance with tweaking so far. I'll have to wait a bit longer on the eye sight :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Blender 2.80 beta just released a new version a couple of days ago. One difference that I noticed right away is user preferences has been moved from File to Edit. Under Edit, select Preferences, and at the top right you'll see Install....select this to see the file tree on your drive in order to find the theme location to apply to Blender. The entire Preferences menu has been changed so it's worth taking a look at this to enable tweaking of the program. Below are screen captures of the old Preferences menu in Blender 2.79b, and how it appears now in Blender 2.80 beta April 18 build.

Blender 2.79b File -> User Preferences
blender2-79b-themes.jpg

Blender 2.80 beta Edit -> Preferences
blender2-80-edit-preferences-themes.jpg

blender2-80-edit-preferences-themes-install.jpg

blender2-80-edit-preferences-themes-install2.jpg

Blender 2.79b UI
blender2-79b-UI.jpg

Blender 2.80 beta April 18 build
blender2-80UI.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...I figured it was to keep your animal animations in the loop somehow. A lot of folks still use the Mil Horse, and I still get requests for pose sets for the older figures, so I plan to keep making them :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I only saw this one animation there, just now. Will you be moving your animations for the Low Poly horse, also?

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
The LoRez horse is still quite useful, especially for animators who need light weight models. I have all the LoRez critters :) Hope Janet can find a good home for all her older animations :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
What other critters? I have Lorenzo and Loretta, and the general people set. I don't have the Monk and Donkey (which I call Monk and Donk). Not sure what others there are.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Cat, dog, horse, donkey, chicken, cow, and pig....along with Loretta and Lorenzo, the Arab male, and monk, through the benefit of various sales over the years. The lo rez figures are a good option for folks who are stuck using very slow computers.

That's why some folks still like using Michael 2 and 3 (even P4) for military, space, or western scenes, since morph packs and high res textures really load up a scene. Unfortunately current trends in 3D follow fashion interests, without much consideration of the big picture. I got to know some of the hobbyists, and their interests when doing freebie pose sets....so I always knew when I created sets for M4 that certain ones would request M3, M2 and Apollo. It's a shame that there isn't a place where old, or lo rez figures are given their own "pasture", where they won't get shoved out of the picture altogether just because they are not hot sellers...sure, they won't ever be big sellers again, but they'd be available when the need arises, especially with the loss of RDNA, Poserworld, and CP. As far as I know, 3dpmr.com is the only place left...and I say that carefully, and in hopes that a thousand women don't show up there with their V4 string bikinis....haha. I have some great textures for M4 and M3, and I'm still using them to convert to new figures. I have to use older figures when doing biblical themes, since nobody is creating that type of content with Steve no longer being at Poserworld (thanks to Maja's efforts, I do at least have dynamic robes for P11 Paul and Pauline). Speaking of Poserworld, I just checked, and there's a page where old Poserworld members will be able to get re-connected to their accounts apparently....at https://3dfig.com....and the Poserworld site is evidently still being upgraded and prepared for current security requirements.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
I had to make a list of my Poser 11 content library in order to set up two workstations with identical content, and it's proof that there's no line of distinction between old and new :)

Poser11--Content-Library-2019.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yup that's it. I'll probably focus on HiveWire animations. I'm working on a second set for the housecat and a whole package for the deer.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well rats. I was going to upload Mr. Bounce to this thread but it's too large. I uploaded it to imgur but it comes through as a broken link.

Imgur

Click on that if you want to see.

skylab

Esteemed
I woke from my nap to get another good chuckle off of Mr. Bounce...haha :) Here's the original YouTube inspiration for that difficult animation.