• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dana :) We usually show up in shifts here...but sometimes we happen to all get on at the same time :) I fell off to sleep waiting for DAZ Studio install manager to finish loading content. It's finally on the home stretch now at least, so by morning I'll be done with installations on the workstation. I like to take time and get DS4 loaded up even though I primarily use Poser 11, so that I can continue to be at least somewhat "bilingual".

I'm anxious to try my new Poser 11 Superfly shaders that I recently found at a Rendo sale, plus there were coupons :) The bundle is 40% off until tomorrow, called VB SuperShaders for Poser 11 SuperFly Bundle. Now that I've got a little more juice in my new workstation, I look forward to trying more Superfly renders...so this means I'll be putting Andy to work, since he's great for testing shaders :) And, I think Janet has some animations for me to try out as well, so I'll be getting back into the routine swing probably by the weekend, once my eyes start to focus again after all the monitor time this week.

Have a good evening everyone :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Found this Nemo wallpaper online and modified it a little to create a Windows 10 lock screen image where my goldfish shows up as the account image...so it looks like the three of them are swimming in front of the whale...and couldn't resist one of my favorite lines from the movie, "oh look, krill" (and the other favorite is the Aussie gulls who keep repeating "mine, mine, mine. . .")...modified to "oh look, Windows 10" :) Here's a reduced size sample, but there's no way to capture the entire image as it appears with the goldfish added.

NEMO-WINDOWS10.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
Nice. So, it seems that the Akron school district will have to evaluate their teaching practices. It wasn't the students, after all. Not surprised at all.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
I'm re-posting this info about the optional Poser 11 UI text size adjustment...it was a little over three years ago when I posted it on the first page of this thread after Poser 11 was released. I'm finally getting ready to do 3D work again, and realized that the tight 1920 x 1080 resolution causes the text in P11 to be rather small, so I had to re-visit making text size adjustments. Now it's large enough for me to read again :) Here's a copy of the original post:

One thing I'm enjoying about Poser 11 is the adjustable text for the UI...great for the visually challenged, and helps me to do 3D work without getting getting weary from eye strain. For those not familiar with the new feature, it's under Edit - General Preferences - Interface Tab - and finally, at the bottom left is the UI Scale, and option to change the Interface Scale Factor. The default is 1.00...I've got mine set to 1.45 since I have a large monitor. For the first time I can actually see the parameters box details, and no longer "guessing" when I'm doing pose work :)

POSER 11 UI.JPG