• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

DanaTA

Distinguished
I really don't have much trouble with Win 10 Pro. I get on OK with Windows and like the interface. Not crazy about the Tiles, but I don't use tiles, so I don't care.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Love the Windows 95 song Stezza :)

Miss B, I agree...I could have cried when I had to give up Windows XP. After a rough start in fall of 2001, Xtreme Patches finally became more stable :) And after a rocky ride with Vista, I was relieved with the more stable Windows 7.

So far the Windows 10 drive has been well received here, with no hitches so far. It did take a few hours to disable all the various services that are calling back to the mother ship by default, and it does give one the creeps, wondering if I found all of the potential security holes before turning it loose to casual users. When I order a Win10 drive for myself, I suspect it will be days before I'll consider it safe for surfing. The thing to watch these days, in addition to password security, is the incredible push to obtain user phone numbers, as text message advertising spam and robo calls are the current front line security assault. I saw recently on the news that over 40% of all phone calls are unwanted robo calls...that is an incredible abuse of information, not to mention peace and quiet. It was spam that killed the use of free email and instant messaging online, and caused folks to flee toward more costly phone communication and text messaging. Now the creeps have followed the money. At least that lets us pc users off the hook, if we're careful about security online.

:coding:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Get Windows 10 Pro, it's better. As for online security, be sure that if you go to a site that sells stuff, if it doesn't start with "https://", run! it doesn't matter if it changes to https:// when you click on the button to check out. it's too late by that point. Hackers could be monitoring the traffic and see everything you type. It's called a man-in-the-middle attack. A site has to be in secure mode from the moment you get the first page, otherwise it may not be secure at all. I've been saying this for years, and my site has been secure from the first page hit for several years. It's only in the past two or three years that I've seen business sites, including 3D sites, but even much bitter sites, to start doing this. And some big sites still don't get it. Staples only recently wised up. I just noticed. Last time I checked, only a few months ago, they still were unsecure on the store page until you clicked on the cart to checkout. My card was hacked twice at their site over the years. After the second time, I stopped ordering ink online. I'd go to their store and order it there.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...sorry you've been having power out problems, Terre. It gets truly miserable after about three or four hours, especially with wondering how long it will be out, and all you can think about is will all the food in the freezer ruin. Hope all is well now. We had it happen so much during the summer and fall a few years ago that I got a battery fan, and battery mini-TV in order to get the weather during hurricanes....I could catch a few minutes of the weather report, then make very brief calls on the cell phone to let friends know how much longer we'd have to endure the storm. When everything is pitch dark and the wind is howling like a train, it brought a little comfort to have some idea of what was happening. It's always a little sickening to see the wind damage after the storm passes.

:grouphug:

Terre

Renowned
We made a big pot of soup with the contents of the freezer yesterday afternoon. The chicken and the meat balls were just starting to thaw out.

Stezza

Dances with Bees

you are certainly on the ball ;)

:flower02:

3 cubes.png