• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Here's an early recording of Bridge Over Troubled Water, before the final lyrics or studio enhancements. Turns out that Artie did most of the production of their recordings, directing the musical flow of the songs...so this was a "rough" recording in the early stage, before the orchestration was added.

Art's walk Across America video, which includes Art Jr when he was young, near the end, singing the 59th Street Bridge song.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here are two of my favorites:

I was thinking after seeing your post of them before. Music had such a charm back then. The lyrics were just as important as the sound. I spent a lot of time as a kid listening to my brother's albums, Beatles, Cat Stephens, S&G.

Speaking of which:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here's a story to go with the Cat Stephen's song I posted. It was in the soundtrack for a movie called Harold and Maude and only there. They wanted to make it so if you wanted to hear the song you had to go see the movie! Decades later it was finally released on an album.

skylab

Esteemed
I taught myself guitar listening to the Bookends album, Parsley, and Bridge...and when Artie went solo, I used to listen to Angel Clare a lot to learn his harmonies. I couldn't help but hear Latin rhythms in Paul's work, so I moved toward Jose Feliciano, and Joan Baez...and because of her love of opera, I later pursued some vocal training. So, they weren't just albums, but rather an entire language that I learned. I saw Baez in concert in 1976, and again in 2005 in DC, and I thought it was amazing that she was still able to tour at her age at the time...and apparently she's still touring 14 years later! The last video below was done in Paris this past summer.

skylab

Esteemed
I can't remember if I've ever posted this here before...but, anyway...Joan Baez has got quite a sense of humor during her shows. Here's a video of her doing Edith Bunker with Archie...haha:)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I saw Joan Baez in concert while visiting my brother when I was about 14. She kept going on about some cause. Still a nice concert though.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, unfortunately Baez could get all over a cause and not let it rest. The night we went in 2005 she was furious at Bush over the war...and I was thinking, geez, we're right outside DC, this could head south real fast...haha. I've learned over the years that folks can have strong opinions like that all they want, but it's likely not going to make a whole lot of difference in the way things go. Baez admitted during an interview when she got older that she had a tendency to clamp down on causes like that, and it made her come across as militant and miserable....and looking back, she wished she had spent more time developing her music and vocal strength. It's interesting, folks of my generation talked a lot about peace, but they had so little of it themselves.

:peace:

skylab

Esteemed
Well, the "snow showers" forecast they've been predicting for the east coast this weekend has been changed this morning, the Euro model showing possibly over 6 inches, and the colder temps will cause things to stick around instead of being a mix. Hmmm...will this be a replay of the December 9th storm?

kon-snowman.gif

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, we've been "waiting", and monitoring our Download Managers, over at the SM Poser forum since the 3rd, and it finally made it yesterday.

So far I've seen some very positive comments from folks on that forum who've managed to download, and install the new update. A number of them have commented about installing, and checking out, the updated software before they even downloaded the content update. I may be doing the same as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Check out the Poser Service Releases thread in our Poser forum, as I posted a list of what was updated.

skylab

Esteemed
My main concern for Poser 11 is hoping that the content library issues will be solved. It's very grating on the nerves to have it flickering, disappearing, and jumping out of range when I'm trying to click on an item. If updates can't fix it, I'll have to go back to using Dimension3D XL Content Library for Poser. There have been numerous "mysterious" crashes with the last P11 update. Sometimes they are my fault...like for instance, when I created Little Richeind...it started out being just a thought...like, wonder if this would work. Then I'd add something, and another something...and wouldn't realize that I hadn't saved the project at all. When I started changing materials, it suddenly crashed, losing the whole project. I almost just dropped it, but instead I carefully went through the steps again, saving as I went, and the second time around it made it without crashing. It would be wonderful if the Poser white screen of death could be eliminated for good.

:bee:

Miss B

CV-BEE
My main concern for Poser 11 is hoping that the content library issues will be solved. It's very grating on the nerves to have it flickering, disappearing, and jumping out of range when I'm trying to click on an item. If updates can't fix it, I'll have to go back to using Dimension3D XL Content Library for Poser.
Actually Sky, that's the main reason I haven't updated PP11 for a while, but I am so used to using PP11's External Library option in my browser, I'm pretty sure I'll continue to use it even if they've fixed that issue with this latest Service Release.