• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
...and some of these artists were popular when I was young, and my mother would put her little portable AM radio in my crib...she had that bed rockin'...haha :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh my goodness Sky, boy have you brought back memories of my youth!! Geeze, that American Bandstand video especially. I learned to do what was known as the Philly Lindy watching that show. :D

skylab

Esteemed
I see Janet liked that last group...so here's a few more...haha. One of my bosses years ago loved Tina Turner. He was very conservative in every other way, but he was quick to get tickets to her show when she came to town....so when his birthday rolled around that year, I searched high and low for a poster of Tina Turner that was at least decent...and I placed it on the outside of his door so that everyone coming and going all day saw it, but he didn't know it until he took his late afternoon break. We all got a laugh off of his shock...but I noted that he was quick to grab his Tina Turner poster when he left for the day, so that nobody else would take it. So...this first one is for him...Tina's most loyal fan.

The second link is Private Dancer. A friend of mine, who is passed away now, used to be a club dancer when she was young, and she had a complete life turn around in her later years. There were very few people who ever knew her real story, and I considered it a privilege that she shared her testimony with me. Every time I hear the song Private Dancer, I think of her...another woman at the well who had her thirst permanently quenched by the River of Life :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I also liked Tina Turner, especial Private Dancer, not that Addicted to Love wasn't great too.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Here's something from YouTube called the Philly Lindy...is this it?
Similar, though the regulars on the American Bandstand didn't dance to songs quite that fast, so it was easier to see the actual steps. I never liked dancing to anything quite that Jazzy.

skylab

Esteemed
Terre, you caught us partying :) Our senior New Year's eve party has to start a little earlier...haha.

Miss B, there were certain songs that I used regularly for drum practice, and Addicted to Love was one of them since it was so easy to follow. I'd just play the songs on my computer so I'd have a live "band" and practice with them.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I noticed during the stroll that some couples actually had the step right, and others were sort of improvising. My mother drew "feet" on our floor with chalk (so that it was easy to remove later) in order to teach my brother to dance. She was quite good. She collected 45's from the '50's, and that was his "dance school".

Miss B

CV-BEE
ROFL! I'm sure I still have my collection of 45's somewhere, though probably on the shelf in some closet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The only one of those videos viewable here on the forum, is the last one. Evidently the owner of the other videos didn't give YouTube permission to allow them to be viewable anywhere else.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I noticed after the fact that one of the Elton John videos was like that too...but a link is always supplied within the video view box, where the link says "watch this video on YouTube". When we used to have the ability to edit on the forum, I'd correct this type of thing, but the 10 minute editing cut off time pretty much prevents that. All considered, we were able to have a nice "oldie" New Year's party :) I flaked out and missed the actual year change, but then I had to be up early, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, to run errands today.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Back at you Terre, though I missed all of the "morning" today. ;)

I hope everyone had a fun, and safe, New Year's Eve celebration.

skylab

Esteemed
If you like Paul McCartney, it's worth hearing Phil Keaggy, who has for years sounded like Paul, without even trying. Eventually he and Randy Stonehill borrowed Ringo's original drum set in order to record an authentic Beatles-styled, faith-themed album. They did an amazing job (and I bet it was a fun project). Examples below.