• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :)

Today's clay critter was supposed to be a Christmas puppy. I made him out of a single lump of clay instead of sticking parts together, so it was similar to the way one would carve wood. He turned out okay, but by the time I added the hat, his head was getting heavy...so I had to hold on to him in order to grab a quick picture :)

xmas-puppy-01.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :) The above tack conversion kit also works with Mil Horse 2 in DS4...I failed to mention that before.

Speaking of DS4, I finally got the install manager to work...not the installed version on my hard drive, but the web-based version...so now I've updated to DAZ Studio 4.10 with Genesis 8. I had previously gone as far as Genesis 3 with Michael 7. Genesis 8 will be enough to do a few test experiments with importing into Poser 11. There's a big sale on today at DAZ, and I couldn't resist Joe Quick's Felton, which is pretty much a Muppet for Genesis 8 at 50% off. It would be great if I could get that to animate in Poser. There's a free puppet stage for him on ShareCG. I don't think I'm imagining this...I do think I've seen discussions about exporting .duf files out of Studio as Poser props, so I'll have to search to find that information again. That would help to get the stage in Poser format. We'll see if it works.

:coding:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
And it's worth mentioning that...with the web-based version of the install manger working, I was finally able to install the new 64 bit version of Hexagon, which for now is still being called Hexagon Beta, and is free...hallelujah! After two months of a steady stream of closed doors in terms of modeling program updates, I was beginning to wonder if Anim8or was all that I'd have left, and perhaps a hope that Carrara would eventually come to life again.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Hope your internet continues to work properly. Our connection has been fine...but I've been the one taking some down time :) The TV has been watching me more than I've been watching it. 'Tis the season for Santa to flake out for a couple of days to get over all the holiday rushing around.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Well, after downloading all day to restore the DAZ Studio library that had been already nicely installed, but blanked out by the "new and improved" DS 4.10, I'm finally able to actually begin doing something. M4 appears to be unable to show in the new library...so, as usual, one has to just borrow a Poser scene file to import him. I don't understand the running contest that Poser and DS4 seem to have...that is, which program can have the most useless content library. Reminds me of the old expression "stepping over a dollar to pick up a quarter". Pirate paranoia is slowly driving 3D software to pirate their customers... duh...that should really pave the road to success...haha. Anyway...I got enough loaded today in order to test Genesis 8, some iRay renders, and also hopefully to test some animation plug-ins...an animated ocean that I've had for awhile, and animated textures (including fire, explosions, starfields...and other free presets that have been appearing in the Rendo freebies...cool stuff like that). We'll see if my system can handle even some little tests at least. It will at least be fun trying it.

m4-test-ds4.jpg