• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the world of Project Evolution Sky. I modeled a dress for her the end of last year, but with practically no experience in conforming clothing for ANY figure, I wasn't about to even try to conform for PE, as she has tons of JCMs, so not so easy to accomplish. It looks fine dynamic, but I really want to learn how to conform clothing. PE just isn't the perfect figure for a first try, as it were. Of course, I could try creating a "fit" for Dawn. ;)

Thanks for the link to Pixpax's conforming outfit. I'll have to play with it and see how it's set up.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I wondered why everything was dynamic...so that explains it. I hope the Pixpax outfit can be of help to see how it's done. The morphs in PE are incredible...reminds me of Apollo. The morph transfer tools in Poser 11 wouldn't help the process along? I'm, of course, speaking of something that I respectfully know nothing about. I should at least learn something about the basics.

I think there might be conforming jeans for PE at the first link below, and also long and short conforming socks with shoes...and the rest seems to be dynamic. There are heels and free textures to some of Karanta's outfits also.

HipJeans for Project Evolution by scheusal242

Long Socks (Conforming) for Project Evolution by TrekkieGrrrl

Conforming Socks for PE Loafers

Loafers for PE

Conforming Clothes for PE by Pixpax

Dynamic Sweatshirt for PE

Dynamic Jeans and T-Shirt for PE by TrekkieGrrrl

Dynamic Leggings and Shirt for PE

Conforming Ballerinas for PE

Flip Flops for PE

:coding:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I saw most of those with the link you provided in your earlier post. I was on Ero's Beta Team for PE, and I was amazed at the amount of work he did on her. How many times do you find a dozen or more characters included in the one base figure? Never, but . . . that's what makes creating conforming clothing for her more difficult. One of these days. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
I realized as soon as I started testing PE that someone had done a lot of work, and went above and beyond what is normally provided in a figure. They certainly have my respect :)

:bee:

Miss B

CV-BEE
It took him about a year, or slightly more, to get it to a point where he could offer it, and I'm sure at some point there will be updates. I don't recall whether he ever mentioned doing a male figure as well, so that's sort of up in the air, so to speak.

skylab

Esteemed
That would be cool, if he had the nerves of steel for creating a male character as well...it would be like an updated, weight-mapped Apollo, so yeah, it would be great :) I'd certainly support it as much as I could. Every character that's been released in recent years helps to breathe life back into Poser, and it gives dedicated Poser users something positive to work toward.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well even if he does, it's not going to be anytime soon, as I got the impression he was planning on taking a break from 3D development.

skylab

Esteemed
This completes the clay Christmas nativity :)

wisemen-03.jpg

wisemen-06.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Thought I'd solved the problem of the peeky-boo navel and the...ahhh....I won't say it....except to say in my generation, it was considered inappropriate. While I was creating the Project Evolution second skin white t-shirt, it was allowing for occasional renders to check progress...then right before I got done with it, it stopped rendering out...it will not show when rendered in either firefly or superfly...so now I have to ponder what happened. It seemed a perfect solution for a make-do western outfit. It was clearly a job for Wayii, the Texture Master...haha.

I used the free Pixpax vest, TrekkieGrrrl's free loafers and socks, and the free HipJeans (though I wish they were more like waist jeans for western wear).

PE Shirt Test.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :)
I'm sure you'll figure out what went wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one tiny click somewhere. Those can be tough to find.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre....yeah, especially when dealing with superfly materials. It's still "holding onto" the original skin in the advanced settings, but I can't find how to override it...or haven't found it yet. I thought if I could get this to work, I'd spend a little more time on the appearance of the T-shirt, but was just running this as a test. The "T-shirt" is actually more like a one-piece bathing suit with sleeves...the jeans just cover up the bottom part. I don't know how Wayii does it...I was sweating bullets trying to get it right, and I wasn't doing all that much...I can't imagine actually creating a design in it since the mesh takes some unusual turns, stretches, and compressed areas. I was never any good at sewing, and I have trouble seeing things "backwards" as is necessary for patterns and such.