• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Well, it's sort of working out...nothing to write home about yet, but I'll enjoy piddling with it this winter. I can't image working with DS4 without Poser as a safety net. Certainly a shame it doesn't go both ways, with complete compatibility like we had years ago...but, oh well...these days it's called progress. It's like our politics these days...what used to be called extortion and hostage-taking is now the new "gangsta DC". The more the "rival gangs" flex their muscles and make threats, the more the country grows numb with humiliation.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Puppy Toy :) If you want one for your dog, they are free at this link in FBX format :)

PUPPY-DOG-TOY.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
First attempt at .obj export from DS4...Felton the puppet, which technically is a morph of Genesis 8. Rigging and materials don't export, but the mat zones are preserved so that they can be reassembled in the Poser material room if desired. In this case I just used diffuse color settings to at least show the preservation of the zones. So, if a character is thoroughly posed, it is possible to export it as an .obj for import into Poser 11 for inclusion in a scene. Later when I think my nerves can take it (haha), I'll pursue importing Genesis 8 directly into Poser 11.

Felton in DS4
FELTON--ROCKING-CHAIR.jpg

Felton DS4 .OBJ export, and imported to Poser 11
FELTON---GENESIS8-PUPPET-OBJ.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Same stage with blue velvet curtains. Jackie Gleason used to say "how sweet it is!" :)

Actually this one comes across as having a tiled appearance in the fabric, so I'll have to explore what caused the difference...maybe applying it in Studio before the export will make a difference.

PUPPET-STAGE-WITH-BLUE-MATS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :) I dropped off to sleep waiting for the blue curtain stage to finish importing...haha. Senior moment. Anyway, I see no difference in the blue curtain assigned in DS4 and exported...it still has a slight tiling appearance, but the red one doesn't seem to be that way.

PUPPET-STAGE-WITH-BLUE-MATS VER2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Rocking chair with DS4 mats successfully imported into Poser 11, but I tend to like the darker Poser 11 Superfly mats on the chair in the second render. Anyway, now when I see props that are DS4 only, I know that they can still be used in Poser 11.

DS4 material imported with chair into P11
rocker-DS4mats.jpg

Poser 11 Superfly material applied
rocker-P11-mats.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
For a long time there has been the assumption that Poser stuff could be used in DS4, but not the other way around. It just takes a little more effort to get DS4 stuff into Poser, but it can be done :)

skylab

Esteemed
Here's a little senior dance music for New Year's :) I used to work with a guy back in the '80's who was a regular dancer on the American Bandstand back in the day.