• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
These were also from the Rendo sale...nobody does a M4 texture set like MortemVetus...Balverk with dark and gray hair, and the very old man is Godwin. Incredible detail. I'm hoping the textures will convert to Dusk and Paul. I'd have to do the best I could with the morphs by hand.

M4 BALVERK GREY.jpg

M4 BALVERK DARK.jpg

M4 GODWIN - OLD.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Terre...about the angel and flaming sword...I know that it can be done in Poser, because Sarah did it eight years ago using Poser 8, with no advanced book or purchased content. She bought Poser 8, and the rest was all free stuff...she had zero budget for 3D because of medical expenses...but she made up for it in tenacity, and she delighted in finding new ways to do stuff. You all have seen these two video clips before, but again, they show a flickering flame in a Poser animation....in the torch, and again in the campfire. I searched through my emails from her at the time she was doing this project, and the only thing I found was what is posted here at the bottom of the page on my website, where she began with a candle that I had modeled, and she created a flickering flame in the P8 material room. So, I've just got to catch up to where she was when she was messing around in the material room :)

EGYPT-JOURNEY--GIF.gif

SHEPHERDS, SHEEP with CAMPFIRE - GIF.gif

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, why does that flame sword sound familiar? I seem to remember something about a flame sword from a long time ago, but I can't remember where, or who created it. Hmmmm . . . .

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) You probably remember it from RDNA :)

I'm working on a Dusk version of the angel now. Satira's Aoide texture for Dawn appears to work okay, and I dialed the morphs by hand. I wanted to see what Superfly would do with this...the skin texture looks great, everything else is okay (converted the M4 clothing with XD), the flames turned out okay, but the Poser 6 Archangel hair from Rendo eight years ago didn't do as well...it looks more like a painting. I'll post the render when it's done, since it takes so long for it to complete, I don't want to waste the effort. I'm very pleased with Dusk's classic appearance.

Lately when I get things to build characters, I'm thinking about if it will convert to fit all the characters that I use, so instead of it being one outfit, or one texture set for one character, it could be used for five or 10, even including Nursoda characters. In that way, the current Poser content famine makes little difference in my workflow.

Here we go...the Superfly render of Dusk. Aside from the shadows and unusual rendering of the Archangel hair, it otherwise turned out pretty good. I really, really like Satira's texture on Dusk for this type of theme :)

DUSK ANGEL with SWORD.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Andy's getting nervous, with all this talk about fire...when I used the Import -> Background Footage feature in Poser 11 in order to try this animated fire background, Andy hopped on the Rendo freebie fire truck that was in my vehicle runtime.

ANDY-FIRETRUCK.gif

Terre

Renowned
Looks like things are coming along nicely. :)

Phoebe and Her Unicorn by Dana Simpson for November 02, 2018 | GoComics.com
This reminds me of when I was 13. My mother was in the choir of an Episcopalian church and we went to the Church's Halloween party. I'd made my brother and I costumes out brown paper bags. The were supposed to be wolves. Pointy ears, tails, muzzles with sharp teeth. And lower jaws that moved up and down. We controlled them with a string that ran through the back of the mouth into the body with the wearer's right arm inside the costume to pull on it. The costumes simply had a strip shaped like an arm taped to the shoulder on that side. I lost the piece of paper I'd intended to put in my brother's costumes mouth as part of the act so I grabbed up a napkin. We got the same sort of prize that you see in this comic for that. The lady handing out the prizes called us "The two little men who are eating up everything." I was quite happy with that.

skylab

Esteemed
I attempted to install a trial version of iClone 7 just to try the animation features, but it required DirectX 11, which according to what I read will work in Windows 7, however I could tell that iClone was going to be heavy on the system resources, so I uninstalled it without being able to test it. I didn't want to risk making a mess of my system that works fine with what I have now.

This video shows the process of creating a vehicle model, texturing it in 3D Coat, and then animating it in iClone 7.

skylab

Esteemed
An oldie from RDNA, M4 The Elder, converted to Paul. I finally found the control to shorten the lower face, so I can go back and fix this on the other Paul textures. The Paul Plus morphs are so numerous, it reminds me of the adjustments on Apollo, so it takes awhile to get the hang of it.

PAUL THE ELDER M4.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I'm also finally getting the hang of Texture Transformer 2. Not every file in a texture set will convert, so sometimes one has to be satisfied with what will. So far I'm having problems with the full beard option on the MortemVetus Godwin character, but the short beard that's a part of the base character runs fine. So, here's M4 Godwin converted to Dusk. The morphs don't convert, so they have to be done by hand...and require optional head morphs to be injected in order to have control over things like wrinkles and face shape.

DUSK GODWIN M4.jpg