• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I was using Paul2...and after I was nearly done with it, I applied Paul Morphs Plus that I recently got on sale, just to see if there was anything else that would help tweak the face, particularly the eyes. Next time I try doing this, I'd like to get more definition around the eyes...like crow's feet...and more asymmetry there as well. This is what I was envisioning when I suggested this as a new Poser feature back when the survey was taken....it would just be great if it could apply to the head of any Poser compatible character, not just Poser program figures. Another thing that would be great would be pre-rigged base figures, human and toon, that could be shaped and customized for character creation that would bypass the headaches of rigging. To some degree that was probably the goal behind creating Ryan a few Poser versions back...he was intended to be a rough, pre-rigged base figure with which to create custom characters...but instead, folks had a conniption because he was not ready out of the box to compete with DAZ models. Folks missed the point altogether that Poser was intended to be a character creation tool primarily, and not necessarily for playing Barbie doll dress up. I hope that Poser doesn't abandon its original purpose, and will continue to develop new and better ways to create characters.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I happened to see this interview on the morning news, and thought it was extremely interesting, and certainly is revealing about how the brain works, and how perhaps we don't yet fully understand how information is stored, or the wiring process involved in learning. After seeing this, I couldn't help but feel that it's no wonder people learn differently...and we'd do well to consider that, especially with kids.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The brain is still a huge mystery. Basically the only way they can find drugs to help mental illness is to try them out and see what they do. That's primitive if you ask me.

skylab

Esteemed
I agree...it seems that they'd be taking an awfully big risk. I've seen interviews by parents of children who, after receiving shots, changed in personality and behavior. Both sides of that argument have their pros and cons, but your heart has to go out to parents who've had their children altered for life. The drug industry will always be focused on the positive result of disease control that they seek, but at what a personal price for so many kids. The sad truth is, they really don't know how side effects of any drug will affect the body, or the brain, until it's ingested or injected....and the risk is entirely on the patient from that point.

skylab

Esteemed
Worked on some new textures for Satira's outfit for Dawn in order to create an angel. This was just a test animation, since I'd never tried doing one with dynamic cloth. I'd like to apply an animated flame to the sword...which will take some research and a few experiments :)

DAWN-ANGEL-ANI-2018.gif

DAWN--ANGEL.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I wasn't sure where to post it for Satira to see it, so hope she stops by here. I really like the outfit...and almost wished that there was a conforming version to use for animations. As soon as I saw Gaia's Gifts in Hivewire store, I knew it was what I'd been looking for. Most of the time angel robes that I've seen have been either too fancy, or too feminine...since I think of angels as being strong, and androgynous...and I liked the dignity of Satira's outfit :)

The wings were from DAZ years ago when they were on a big sale...they are still there, called Feathered Wings, but the regular price is rather high.

:bee:

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Renderosity has several wings products, as I have a couple of them, though don't know if they would be the type of wings you'd want.

skylab

Esteemed
You are right Miss B, there are quite a few wing sets at Rendo, and freebies scattered around, so here are a few links to help with the pursuit, should anyone be interested. When searching for wings one will run across Angelyna Wings textures. The product was at Rendo years ago, but is no longer available. There are numerous other wing sets at Rendo...some for fantasy themes and others for dark angel themes. I've limited this list to what could be used for biblical themes involving angels.

Have a good day everyone :)

Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Poses - free

Feathered Wings Poses 2 - free

Feathered Wings Colorama Mat Poses - free

Blue Jay Texture for Feathered Wings - free

Set Two for Feathered Wings - free

Set Three for Feathered Wings - free

Set Five for Feathered Wings - free

Erik's Angel Wings - free

Texture for Erik's Angel Wings - free

Seraph Wings

CrystalShades for Seraph Wings

Cellestia for V4.2-A4-G4

V4 Gabriel Wings

Prae-Angelic Wings

S1M Scarlet: Angelic by Sixus1 (for Scarlet character)

Angel Clothes for Michael 4

Angel Clothes for V4

Angelic Dynamic Robe for M4 (Poser)

Angelic Dynamic Gown for V4 (Poser)

Angelic Bundle for M4 and V4 (Poser)

Angelic Dynamic Bundle for M4 and V4 (DS4)

Angelic Wings for DS4

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Forgot to mention, I ran across this prop while searching for wings...it was actually created for Aiko, but it smart props to the hip and body of any figure apparently...as is demonstrated below with Andy2 in Poser 11...he has bee wings, tail and antlers, or wasp tail I think it was called, though the set is called Q-bee. I thought it might make a cute forum gag for bee renders....and it might be cool if someone created a Hivewire freebie like this for forum members :) Anyway...here's Andy with his bee extensions :) Link to the Q-bee freebie for Poser below.

FREE Q-BEE

ANDY-BEE.jpg

Terre

Renowned
Nice batch of finds there. Looking forward to watching as you work on the angel. I agree on the robe being more appropriate than most I've seen.

31st anniversary. Doesn't seem that long.

skylab

Esteemed
Happy 31st Terre :)

Projects like the angel, and the Red Sea crossing...I keep them set aside until my "skill" catches up with my ideas :) Keeps it fun :)

Have been searching Rendo today for stuff in order to participate in the Poser grab bag special...that is, purchase something worth at least $3.50 and you get a random Poser freebie. If you're a Poser user and dread having all the DS stuff hit you, try using this link...it will take you through at least 45 pages of M4 and props, and only occasional V4. I think the deadline is tonight.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
From yesterday's sale at Rendo, the Classic Bike 2 motorcycle, with Schurby's mats :) This is very similar to the Yamaha 250 that my father had in the late 60's and early 70's...before he moved up to a Venture touring bike, and eventually to a Honda Goldwing.

CLASSIC BIKE 2 - NEW MATS.jpg