• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Got side tracked with phone calls this evening, so will have to try out FaceGen tomorrow. I did find this old render from around December 2014 that shows Dusk with the M4 Vulcan textures converted through an older version of Texture Transformer.

Have a good evening everyone :)

SPOCK-WIP.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning all :) Yeah, slept a little. Phone call last night was from an old friend who is battling cancer...so I set aside my planned evening in order to have a long chat.

I'm up early this morning, trying out FaceGen. So here we go with screen captures...and a link to the online manual for the FaceGen Modeler.

Download links for the program, and free faces, including Spock:

FaceGen

FaceGen characters

First, import Spock into FaceGen Modeler Demo:

FaceGen2.jpg

Export Spock from FaceGen Modeler Demo:

facegen-export.jpg

Import Spock into Poser...fiddle with the diffuse color in materials so that he's no longer purple or whatever hue is applied:

spock-facegen.jpg

Unless you like having the big FG on the forehead, take a trip through any image program for a quick and dirty fix, save, and apply to the head model in Poser material room.

spock-textures.jpg

Just to be sure, I exported the new .obj and re-imported, for the results below. Andy insisted that he wanted to wear the head, that Slon gets to have all the fun, yada, yada, so...here's Andy, with the new Spock head, with M4 Spock hair added :)

So, I guess anybody can wear the new head, not just Genesis :)

spock-andy.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
M4 SAV Aram with beard (and Aram hair) successfully converted .mc6 and rendered with Paul. Finally getting back the investment in M4 textures :)

PAUL-SAV-ARAM-BEARD.jpg

PAUL-SAV-ARAM-BEARD2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Just thought I'd leave a few tips for anyone else interested in doing Spock or Trek stuff.

I'm sensing today that I'll need to be devoting some time to a couple of friends who are going through extreme health challenges. I'll still be popping in and out and doing 3D, but I'll also be devoting some time to them as well. It was not that long ago that I was in their shoes, and it's on my heart to do this. I just need to be sensitive when to "switch hats"...and the quicker we obey, the less we contribute to delay.

...and I'm still tinkering with modeling, with some Fugazi tutorials that I had gotten from Rendo. All of the Fugazi tutorial demonstrations are done with Silo.

I'm caught up with pose projects for now, everything has been completed that I had lined up to do.

The focus of attention on textures for Paul was in preparation for using some of Maja's dynamic biblical outfits. She did some beautiful work on these outfits two years ago...and both Paul and Pauline needed better skin textures to match the quality of Maja's work. I hope Maja is doing okay these days...we'd certainly love to see her back visiting with us in this thread.

My experience so far with Texture Transformer 2 has been that there seems to be a hitch every time I try to do Dusk or Dawn conversions. I still have to work out what's happening there. I've even tried converting one file at a time...but so far it appears to hang up during the process. I was attempting to use Dusk and Dawn base...so last night I loaded Dusk SE and Dawn SE into the conversion directory to see if that will make a difference the next time I attempt to convert textures.

I think this makes note of where I'm headed, and the progress made so far...and my website is caught up finally.

So, everyone have a good day. I'll be in and out...my visits will just have to be shorter for a little while. We're told to comfort others with the comfort we have received, so it's the season of comfort :)

:bee:

Terre

Renowned
Sounds like precisely what you should be doing, Sky. :)
Having people who care does help one deal with such issues.

skylab

Esteemed
Pauline with Fabia V4 texture conversion. I had to do some touch up around the nose and mouth, and I'll be doing the same for the Dawn texture above.

PAULINE - FABIA V4.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Doing okay Terre :)

Here's Dawn after some editing of Fabia V4. Time for my nap to rest my eyes for awhile. Have a good evening everyone :sleep:

DAWN-FABIA-V4-ver2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Forgot to mention, I finally got Texture Transformer 2 to convert M4 Vulcan to Dusk. This is how the default appears when the texture is loaded onto Dusk SE. The rest is just spinning the dials in order to get a Spock character.

DUSK-VULCAN-M4-DEFAULT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
This is what has been done so far on the Dusk M4 Vulcan character. Dusk's converted Vulcan textures should be edited to fix the width of the eyebrows, since they stretch even larger on Dusk if there's the slightest movement upward of the brow. Right now I'm just doing rough editing since I don't have much time to stick with long projects. It will be enough to demonstrate here that things will indeed work, if anyone's interested in trying it.

DUSK-VULCAN-2018.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I wondered where the Road Eagle motorcycle went...it used to be at Rendo years ago. It apparently has been updated with improved mats and rigging, and is now at DAZ. It's very similar to the Honda Rebel 250 that I used to ride back in the '80's :)

:coding: