• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Paint Shop Pro 9 on Amazon...very few copies left, so it's driving the price up. I'll take a look a GIF Movie Gear. That's one reason I hang on to Windows 7....wondering how many of my favorite older programs would possibly not work on Windows 10.

The larger pony movie is still running...no pun intended :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh...it will be used...haha. It'll take Slon animations to a new level. And somewhere in my runtime is the option for the white Hivewire Horse, so I'm assuming the pony will work with that.

skylab

Esteemed
A friend of Terre's and mine, Suro, would get a kick out of this running pony. I'll also try the trotting animation and post that as well.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh really...shoot. I'll try it tomorrow to see what kind of mess it makes, and if it will work for a toon animation that's not close up. Movie is still running, up to frame 133 :)

Here's the moon walking dancing pony...haha.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's the one! I saw that and knew I had to try and do it!

Check your messages on here.

skylab

Esteemed
Here we go...test 2, the 57 frames that he's visible...and the test of any excellent animation is slo-mo :) Feel free to grab any of these animations if they will be helpful for use on the forum.

SHETLAND PONY HH - animation test2.gif

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Very very cool!

Oh I agree with you about slow mo. You have no idea how many times I've rendered a days long movie of these and see a little ripple in the arm, fix it then rerender it. I did that several times while doing the animations for the HW horse.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I call those hiccups...haha. A lot of my earlier animations are full of hiccups...it took years and some experience to learn how to work with Poser animation...and it was focusing on looping animations that helped me to learn what to do. Sometimes I still will get an unexplained hiccup, but that's happening less and less now.

Oh to have Slon Stranger on his moon walking Silver...haha.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Sometimes the hiccups are my mistakes, and sometimes they are due to Poser's way of auto-calculating how an object gets from point A to point B. When those errors happen, you think, now I know I didn't do that...what happened.... haha. They happen often in arms and hands, strange twisting in the renderings. It may take knowledge of the key frames and such to avoid this kind of thing.

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go....superfly of Shetland with Unicorn texture. I just realized that the dark blue eye mats were not loading properly on this render, so am doing another with the eyes deep blue.

SHETLAND PONY with UNICORN TEX - superfly.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here's my pitiful attempt at the Shetland moon walk...I was so determined to make him smile for the camera and hike up on tip toe that I didn't pay as much attention to the legs...haha.

SHETLAND PONY DANCE ani.gif

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Cool!

The one thing I noticed when he moonwalked was how much his spine moved. Getting the legs has been the tricky part though. Trying to get them to stick in the same place especially.