• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Slon Stranger...rides again :)

slon-stranger-lo-rez-horse-gallop-ani-2018.gif

skylab

Esteemed
After surfing the forum, I finally put two and two together that Janet, who has visited this thread a few times, does the cool animations in the Hivewire store. I'm just a little old lady hobbyist novice, so it goes without saying that I'm so pleased that you've been stopping by. Feel free to post...it's seldom I get to chat with other folks who enjoy experimenting with animation. You could probably help when I hit snags, if you don't mind...like on the Slon Stranger animation above. He's riding the LoRez Horse, and the gallop is a preset. When I first posted a Slon Stranger animation nearly eight years ago, I had no idea how to make a horse gallop, preset or otherwise. So, the fact that Slon is staying on the horse, with his hat and gun belt intact, is a major victory :) However, I had to just hide the reins...they were all over the place...haha. Obviously they needed to be pinned to the hands, but with the horse head movement, does it need securing elsewhere? I'm using Poser 11, if that makes a difference...and I don't use the key frame technical method...I just use the timeline along the bottom of the editing platform, and hand animate everything. Again, I'm so glad that Janet is visiting with us. Just chime right in. As you've probably noticed, we're as all over the place, as far as 3D topics go, as Slon Stranger's reins :)

:drawing:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
And by the way, Stezza, feel free to join in also...I see you've visited a few times. I always enjoy your unique renders, so we'd enjoy seeing them here...and any 3D advice would be appreciated too :)

Charles West

Adventurous
Good Evening all. Sky I love all the renders. Working on this laptop limits my ability to render much. I am working on a deck of cards but when I load the map on card 15 it goes black... If I delete one of the other cards it goes to the proper map... Seems a limitation in Studio but I will have to figure it out and draw all the maps I need to make the deck.

Attachments

• bb20 Cards 2.jpg
    bb20 Cards 2.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 134

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...so glad you stopped by and posted...welcome to our mess we call a chat thread :)

I picked up your gallop and trot poses earlier today for the Shetland Pony. I've always thought that the Shetland would make a cute horse for all my crazy toon characters, and this will be my chance at animating him. I'm wondering what I'll be facing with all that hair and how to control it...haha.

Again, welcome aboard :)

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Oh hold on while I render something I've been working on for the Shetland pony. Can't get it quite right though.

skylab

Esteemed
Know what you mean there....most of the time involved is figuring out why things don't work :) ...but feels like a victory when it finally does.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I think there's an under 1 meg limit on forum .gif animations so I try to aim for well under that, and have in the past converted larger animations to .flv and uploaded to YouTube. These days I mostly just do little animation loops.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Ohhhhh....hahaha :) You did a good job with that! I tried it one time and it definitely wasn't right. That's a good one, like the original dancing pony videos on YouTube :)

I just loaded the Shetland and applied your animation, and was so pleased to see the hair posed. I'm running the test animation for a movie, and will cull out every other frame in order to make it forum size....so maybe we'll have a galloping pony here shortly :)

skylab

Esteemed
I use an old program, JASC Paint Shop Pro with Animation Shop 3. Animation Shop allows for controlling the time on each frame of the .gif conversion, plus it allows for easy cropping down of the size. Because it's an older program it tends to be persnikity about newer file video formats, but works like a charm if the Poser video is saved as uncompressed AVI. Amazon still sometimes has the program. Sometimes I use Sony Vegas 11 when Animation Shop can't do the job.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't know those. I use Gif Movie Gear for a quick view of what I'm doing and Premiere for putting the movies together with uncompressed avi.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh....I love it! It's perfect for what I'll be doing :) This is culled down to 30 frames and 127 colors...so I'm going to try making a movie with all the frames, just to see if it will work....the more frames, the smoother the video :)

SHETLAND PONY HH - animation test.gif