• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
I would think it would depend on the item. I modeled a dress for PE, but now want to fit it to Dawn, and it's not that easy. Something that's loose fitting can probably be used for other characters a lot easier than something that's actually shaped for a particular character.
Well, there's another element too. Jim does a LOT of conversions and re-rigs etc. For him adjusting a dynamic to fit a different character is quite easy compared to much of the other stuff. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
By comparison, probably. Does he do it in a modeler, or in Poser? I ask because the Fit Room and I haven't really been introduced, if you know what I mean. ;)

Terre

Renowned
He has an old copy of 3DS Max that he uses. Modeling from scratch is something he can't do, his mind doesn't interpret 3D space in the right way. The best he can do is use Poser primitives, kit bash and change textures. Give him a model someone else has made and he can work wonders with it. He also uses the fitting room in Poser. Depends on which works best for what he wants to do in any given situation. He says that the majority of clothing conversions he does by hand just because he's so used to doing that. Using a clothing converter is just the starting point.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have the original WW when PhilC was selling it on his site, before it was brought over to DAZ.

As far as it being available through Poser, yes, even my P9 has it. Not sure if that was the first version it was available, as it might have been included with P8 as well.

Terre

Renowned
Jim thinks that XD works better than WW but both can work as a starting point for many characters. Neither is perfect but do save some time and effort. He says that shoes don't work out with either program. They need to be done by hand.
He skipped P8/PP2010. Went from P7 to PP2012.

skylab

Esteemed
I've used XD and had good success. Some examples:

BONG BASKETBALL.jpg
DOC TREK.jpg

SLON BASKETBALL.jpg
HEIN HOODIE AND JEANS.jpg

HEIN LEGENDS.jpg
SASS HOODIE AND JEANS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I tried running a sim with the free Roxie Dynamic Bathrobe at CP. It might work if someone knows what they are doing. I pinned the robe to his wrists to keep it from running away, sized the whole thing down to 70%, then Zscaled up a little for his belly, and got this result on the second attempt.

SLON-BATHROBE-DYNAMIC.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
And finally, the Parisienne Shirt, scaled down and Zscaled up the same way, pinned at the arms, with this result. I used Slon as the example since his body shape is the most difficult to fit...so if stuff will work at all for him, it's pretty much a sure thing it will work with other figures. Also, these examples from CP show a couple of examples of dynamics with textures.

SLON-ParisienneShirt-DYNAMIC.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Haha...hey Miss B :) Isn't Slon precious with his little bow...haha...maybe the shirt will work with Slondie.

In case Terre or anyone else is interested in further examples of XD conversions, there's a page of them on my website. I've found that success with XD depends somewhat on the quality of the outfit being converted. EvilInnocence stuff always worked well, like the hoodie. The bib jeans were actually V4 outfits, and the jeans and basketball set were M4.

Well, I think I'm done for the night. Have a good evening everyone :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Up early with fresh eyes...and still finding stuff in my render archive. Recently I did a pose set using the Benzo cars...and here's a render of when I took time to replace all the mats. Fully rigged, well done, but heavier on system resources than other Poser vehicles.

BENZO FULL

BENZO CONVERTIBLE

BENZO SHARK

BENZO CAR - new mats.jpg

Terre

Renowned
I'll be heading to work in a bit. When the store changed hands last year the day the new sale started on changed to Sunday. Now I work 5-6 am to 1 or 2 pm 5 days a week instead of having a split shift on Tuesday where I need to go back to work that night.