• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Interview with Charles Schulz. I never had the privilege of meeting Mr. Schulz, but I did have the opportunity of seeing some of his original strips on display at a youth retreat.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
And finally, a brief glimpse of Snoopy and his typewriter from the Peanuts 3D movie :)

Have a good morning all :)

Charles West

Adventurous
Good Morning ... Thanks for the vids Sky ... inspired once again to have fun with emotigirl.

Attachments

• girls_card4.jpg
    girls_card4.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 210

skylab

Esteemed
Glad you liked the Schulz videos :) I've been searching through my old scene files for anything using Emotiguy, and I think I've found a couple of things. I'll take a look at them after I've had my afternoon nap, so I'll have fresh eyes. Right now the eyes aren't so fresh...haha.

I did a couch potato years ago using Emotiguy, which was a texture and scaling instructions. I located the scene files this morning, so maybe it would work for an animation. Here's the link:

COUCH POTATO

couch-potato.jpg

couch-potato2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, that works fine for a couch potato :) I figured that you could use the texture on something you already had. I've been working with the scene file this evening, and I'm thinking about switching the table to the other side and having a point light in the lamp. I wanted to experiment with the lights before trying an animation. Emotiguy can tend to be shadowy, so I wanted to have his face lit up some. We'll see if something works tomorrow.
Have a good evening everyone :)

skylab

Esteemed
This Shelby Cobra freebie seems to be MIA these days. I think it was even posted briefly on Rendo for sale, but is no longer available there. So if anyone runs across it, please share the link with us. It was a great model with incredibly detailed rigging. Here it is with new mats, and also an animation of Slon driving the original :)

SHELBY COBRA -RED MATS.jpg

SLON-DRIVING-SHELBY.gif

Charles West

Adventurous
Yea Sky I create a file to reverse the settings in studio on textures so the minimum is a plus number and max is a minus number. I found that great using a b/w copy of your map, hence the bumps on my render... I found sometimes that Emotiguy/girl appear better with a bit of exadurated texture in a render... for the potato the reverse setting on the b/w copy and setting it to skin not plastic seemed the best. One trick on the guy girl is to make the maps for the girl... they will work on the guy as well but not the reverse.

Good Morning all...

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Heard that another old friend ended up in the hospital this week, so I've kept myself busy with 3D while waiting by the phone and email. She returned home fine today after having a rough week. During the wait I've been adding to my website a lot of old animations and renders that, despite their flaws, were still good for a laugh, and I'm trying to date some of them also. I couldn't help but laugh at this one...when I was experimenting with making Reipus walk with Slon riding along, after Wayii had just released her Reipus textures...haha. I wish I had taken time to get the lighting better on this, and I hope to locate the scene file so that those changes can be made. Anyway, here's the original attempt, done in August 2014, four years ago :)

reipus-slon-walking-aug27,2014.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Another challenging animation in March of 2013 was Slon's basketball free throw...getting that ball to go through the hoop was not easy, and the only successful attempt was shooting with a very high arc :)

2013-SLON-BASKETBALL.gif

skylab

Esteemed
The very first animations that I tried were presets of Slon dancing done in DAZ Studio using aniMate. This was in February of 2012, before Slon had Wayii's blue texture applied. The animations were done during a Slon appreciation thread. I was still a novice at most everything, but I wanted to hang around the creative folks in order to learn, so I became the comic relief in between freebie posts. That was six years ago. And it was out of that experience of seeing animation at work through presets that I became interested in creating original stuff using Poser, since all the experienced content creators were using Poser at the time. And Wayii, out of kindness, wanted to include me in the freebie creators, and when I responded that I couldn't make anything, it was her suggestion that I create poses. That's when I made the transition to Poser in order to learn how to create poses for distribution. Since then, there have been a ga-zillion poses created...haha...but it all started with the aniMate dancing Slon. I'll post one here, and if anyone is interested in strolling down memory lane, the others are posted on this page on my website :)

Slon-dance1.gif

Terre

Renowned
I remember some of those.. Makes for a pleasant sight after getting sad news at work today.
I'm glad to hear your friend is doing better.
(Just part of life. Another elderly customer, a very nice lady, is now gone.)

Charles West

Adventurous
I found myself at the age when you meet an old friend from school days and spend at least 10 minutes of conversation is about who you heard had passed. Then you begin to have a catch up conversation. I wonder who will talk of me when I am gone but that is life.