• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Slon was galloping around while I was napping :) Now that the rider and horse can stay reasonably together, this opens up a lot of possibilities....with different characters and scenes.

SHETLAND with SLON - gallop animation 2018.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) With all the galloping going on, this has been a good place to get trampled here lately...haha.

Someone had a question about the Mil Cat, so here's my most laid back Mil Cat animation :)

fluffy-animation-10-9-14.gif

skylab

Esteemed
I thought it might help to share how I do basic animations...so I chose a simple one to illustrate...the Hivewire Big Cat roar.

When I start a project, I make a decision where it is going, where's the most extreme movement, so that I can plan how to get back to where it started, in order to create a smooth loop. With the lion roar, it is easy to see that the actual roar with mouth wide open is the extreme point...so we choose somewhere near the middle frame to do this. In this case I chose frame 12 in order to allow plenty of time for the lion's head to return to normal. For simple looping animations, always return all posing in the last frame (in this case frame 30) back to what it was in frame 1. If things don't line back up in frame 30, it will result in a "hiccup"....or a skip in the animation that will not be smooth.

The rest is in the screen captures. So if you've ever wanted to try Poser animation, go for it, give it a try.

CONTROLS.jpg

BEGIN-FRAME-1.jpg

MID-POINT.jpg

END-LAST-FRAME.jpg

MAKE-MOVIE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I forgot to mention some movement of the neck in the lion roar demonstration...but the same thing applies...whatever settings you use in frame 12, make sure you return everything, no matter what it is, back to what it was in frame 1 at the last frame.

If you don't have the Hivewire Big Cat, use any figure, a house cat, one of the Poser or DAZ animals...and Charles, you could use Emotiguy since the DAZ Studio animation timeline is very similar :) You could do a human figure, looking out of a window....any type of action that can be returned to the source frame smoothly, for learning purposes. Have fun :)

And now, with this information, Janet will know how I do animations also...the extent of what I know, and the giant fall off point of what I don't know...so that we can better communicate about animations :)

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Miss B :) Now birds are everywhere in this thread :)
Finally we have a Remix cardinal...who starts out a crested cardinal, but loses the crest in this exaggerated demo when he attempts to fly like a crow.

cardinal-CROW-FLIES-ANIMATION.gif

skylab

Esteemed
And you call this baby steps...haha...my first attempt at a walk animation. This is rather humbling in front of the Master Animator...but how else does one learn :)

PENGUIN-FIRST-WALK-ANIMATION.gif

skylab

Esteemed
I was trying to get a little side to side neck and chest action going on...it started in that direction, but seemed to fizzle on the return. And I didn't know how to deal with the feet going under the ground plane during the foot behind part of the cycle, so I just stuck with flat-patting on the ground...haha :) This is using the Remix Penguin from back in the DAZ days.

:drawing:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looks good. Yah I have a penguin walk done. It's hard to do much with those short little legs.